ADVERTISEMENT

Not trying to be a downer but....

hoosier357212

Redshirt
Sep 18, 2009
I cannot think of a major coach in a top rated program wanting to give that up to come to IU. Unless he is reading the forums on their website

Glass seemed to make it clear that IU was going to throw the kitchen sink at whoever they really wanted. That tells me that IU is probably going to offer perhaps double what Crean was making. That will lure someone from their current job, someone very good. Resources will not be an obstacle, according to Glass. Blank check time. Money isn't everything in these situations, but it is significant. I think IU gets one of the big 4-5 guys we are all talking about.

Reactions: iubhounds
Glass seemed to make it clear that IU was going to throw the kitchen sink at whoever they really wanted. That tells me that IU is probably going to offer perhaps double what Crean was making. That will lure someone from their current job, someone very good. Resources will not be an obstacle, according to Glass. Blank check time. Money isn't everything in these situations, but it is significant. I think IU gets one of the big 4-5 guys we are all talking about.
I know I keep shooting for that "pie in the sky," but I want Brad Stevens to have that new kitchen sink.

Reactions: Hoosierjeff71
Until Stevens says "I am not leaving for the Indiana job" or until IU hires someone else, I think it is premature to say it is not happening. It seems unlikely, sure.

Breaking news!

unnamed.0.jpg

;)

Crean made ~$3.2M. You think we're going to offer $6M+ to hire a coach?

Well, look, it's not my money (well, nowhere remotely close to all of it anyway). And it's always easy to say that somebody else should break the bank to pay for something we want. "Hey Cuban....what's an extra few mil a year to you anyway?"

So, do I hope they can find the money to pay Coach K / Cal kind of money for a basketball coach? Sure, if that's what it really is going to take to get a big gun in here. But, once again, it's not my money....so it's easy for me to say that.

It's ultimately going to depend on who the target is. Would we pay, say, Archie Miller that kind of dough? I'd hope not. If so, then I want to hire his agent to do something -- anything -- for me.

If I had to guess, I'd say that our next coach's contract will be closer to what Bill Self is getting at Kansas -- which is the high 4's.

I cannot think of a major coach in a top rated program wanting to give that up to come to IU. Unless he is reading the forums on their website
Coaches don't think like fans nor do they think like forum members. I can't understand why people don't see that. How do I know? I grew up with a coach.

I have a feeling IU is prepared to offer more than high 4s this time around for certain individuals.

I have a feeling IU is prepared to offer more than high 4s this time around for certain individuals.

Well, that would be perfectly fine with me -- if they can make all the ends meet with that kind of offer. But, really, there are only a couple of the names being bandied about who ought to command anything more than that....Donovan and maybe, possibly Stevens.

You think we're gonna pay, say, Archie Miller $5 or $6M to move over from Dayton?

Well, that would be perfectly fine with me -- if they can make all the ends meet with that kind of offer. But, really, there are only a couple of the names being bandied about who ought to command anything more than that....Donovan and maybe, possibly Stevens.

You think we're gonna pay, say, Archie Miller $5 or $6M to move over from Dayton?
I agree. No way should Archie or even Bennett, make 5-6m. Only ones I would hope would be- Stevens, Donovan.

So coach k, self, calipari and Williams are out. Got it, now I'm depressed

Williams might like an upgrade in salary and he wished fans of NC would show up like the fans in AH...lol.

Jordan Hulls would be a good assistant to any one that is hired. He's got a new baby and probably would like to come back home.

Crean made ~$3.2M. You think we're going to offer $6M+ to hire a coach?

Well, look, it's not my money (well, nowhere remotely close to all of it anyway). And it's always easy to say that somebody else should break the bank to pay for something we want. "Hey Cuban....what's an extra few mil a year to you anyway?"

So, do I hope they can find the money to pay Coach K / Cal kind of money for a basketball coach? Sure, if that's what it really is going to take to get a big gun in here. But, once again, it's not my money....so it's easy for me to say that.

It's ultimately going to depend on who the target is. Would we pay, say, Archie Miller that kind of dough? I'd hope not. If so, then I want to hire his agent to do something -- anything -- for me.

If I had to guess, I'd say that our next coach's contract will be closer to what Bill Self is getting at Kansas -- which is the high 4's.
Cuban won't pay. He only contributed to the Cuban Center because it's not directly an NCAA thing and will be used by students to develop technology. That's the only time he's ever given to the AD. He hates the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT