ADVERTISEMENT

Not one vote

IU is the 11th place team in the B1G and they are showing improvement. This is a major rebuild happening before our very eyes. Next year should be promising. I am not; however. making any guarantees what next year will bring. The important thing to know is, IU was in the ncaa this year.

Reactions: chrislw35
IU is the 11th place team in the B1G and they are showing improvement. This is a major rebuild happening before our very eyes. Next year should be promising. I am not; however. making any guarantees what next year will bring. The important thing to know is, IU was in the ncaa this year.
Prediction for this coming season... Well done!

Pat chambers, Fran the man, hell even baby Pitino could get next years team to a solid top 15 ranking and a sweet 16. Next years roster is loaded. If we aren’t contending for a championship I’ll be head hunting.

Pat chambers, Fran the man, hell even baby Pitino could get next years team to a solid top 15 ranking and a sweet 16. Next years roster is loaded. If we aren’t contending for a championship I’ll be head hunting.

Should be a good roster, but how good to me all depends on a few things: 1)SHOOTING! I'm never optimistic about counting on non 5 * freshmen for anything and I'm not convinced Leal or Galloway will help on this front, although 1 or even both, could. We need a great summer of gym work for EVERYONE on next years roster, and adding a shooter if a spot opens wouldn't hurt. Lander coming should help too. 2) a second ball handler. Lander obviously helps this, but without him, I think that's a real weakness. No Lander? Adding a PG who can hit 3s would become our greatest need. 3) Health, especially for RP and our frontcourt. In addition to shooting, imo, we also need another post. Primarily to be grooming someone for the year after when we lose JB and possibly TJD. IMO, if I were Archie and I could get Lander here, I'd push everyone on next years roster to work hard on shooting and try and add another post player with more than 1 year of eligbility if I thought they were good enough to help us. If all 3 of those things come true, or mostly true, I think this should be a top 15 team that does contend for a B10 title and top 3 league finish.

Should be a good roster, but how good to me all depends on a few things: 1)SHOOTING! I'm never optimistic about counting on non 5 * freshmen for anything and I'm not convinced Leal or Galloway will help on this front, although 1 or even both, could. We need a great summer of gym work for EVERYONE on next years roster, and adding a shooter if a spot opens wouldn't hurt. Lander coming should help too. 2) a second ball handler. Lander obviously helps this, but without him, I think that's a real weakness. No Lander? Adding a PG who can hit 3s would become our greatest need. 3) Health, especially for RP and our frontcourt. In addition to shooting, imo, we also need another post. Primarily to be grooming someone for the year after when we lose JB and possibly TJD. IMO, if I were Archie and I could get Lander here, I'd push everyone on next years roster to work hard on shooting and try and add another post player with more than 1 year of eligbility if I thought they were good enough to help us. If all 3 of those things come true, or mostly true, I think this should be a top 15 team that does contend for a B10 title and top 3 league finish.

Unless there is no basketball next year, lander will be on the team. Him rob al and Jerome should be not just ok shooters but close to the best in the big ten.

If Jerome takes the jump our team will be deadly. I bet my buddy last year he goes pro before senior year. I really think he is going to be a stud. Sooner than later. He has no fear and has the potential to be like Paul George IMO.

Reactions: Sassy61
Unless there is no basketball next year, lander will be on the team. Him rob al and Jerome should be not just ok shooters but close to the best in the big ten.

If Jerome takes the jump our team will be deadly. I bet my buddy last year he goes pro before senior year. I really think he is going to be a stud. Sooner than later. He has no fear and has the potential to be like Paul George IMO.
yeah I don't even want to think 'next yr'....but anyone who thinks this chaos will be over shortly and business as usual by August is living in a bubble. I suspect most local school systems are staying closed for this school year, and the start of next year (Aug) is very much up in the air. Won't know until later in the summer, but would not surprise me at all. Even if we get on top of the virus spread, sending kids back to school will just lead to fear of a sudden spike in cases again. We're in unchartered waters now.

If we're even talking about Hunter leaving early in a year...or two..., then that's a good sign for IU ball.

yeah I don't even want to think 'next yr'....but anyone who thinks this chaos will be over shortly and business as usual by August is living in a bubble. I suspect most local school systems are staying closed for this school year, and the start of next year (Aug) is very much up in the air. Won't know until later in the summer, but would not surprise me at all. Even if we get on top of the virus spread, sending kids back to school will just lead to fear of a sudden spike in cases again. We're in unchartered waters now.

If we're even talking about Hunter leaving early in a year...or two..., then that's a good sign for IU ball.
E-learning! Happening now and will become a regular tool. My nephew in China has said the government has given okay to resume activities after their 4 month containment effort. We shall see how effective our social distancing will flatten our curve. So there is hope for August. There will be a spike in the next week or so mainly because there are more people being tested with the newly released testing kits being made available. It's a fluid situation but moving forward to flattening the curve. No need to be pessimistic. Go Hoosiers!

weren't we in the bottom 2-3 on 3 pt FGP this year? So you expect us to improve to top 3 with just Lander? I don't see that. I agree Hunter has alot of potential, but he really didn't show anything offensively for the most part besides wanting to shoot 3s. I don't follow high school kids, so maybe your basing your opinion off the player he was in HS, but I didn't see anything that made me think of PG from him this year. Hope you are right.

Other than WW2 this is easily the craziest thing in anyone's lifetime. In other news, I now have 11 fish and found a Cichlid breeder nerd in Indy that might gurgle stress coat at night. Got a male and a female of a blood dragon peacock and 2 gorgeous juvy Fronts.

weren't we in the bottom 2-3 on 3 pt FGP this year? So you expect us to improve to top 3 with just Lander? I don't see that. I agree Hunter has alot of potential, but he really didn't show anything offensively for the most part besides wanting to shoot 3s. I don't follow high school kids, so maybe your basing your opinion off the player he was in HS, but I didn't see anything that made me think of PG from him this year. Hope you are right.

Since January 18th Jerome went 15-35 from deep or just north of 42%. That was the hardest portion of the year for sure. Him being injured all of last year can not get forgotten. My buddy that watches a bunch of college basketball gave me a few examples of how good players that have to take a full year off almost always are not good their first year back. However, the good players kill it the second year back.

So seeing signs of Jerome trending up and looking the part at the end of the season gave me a lot of hope in him. I really think we will have 3 solid NBA players on next years team. Lander is the real f.uckin deal. He is a dog.

Other than WW2 this is easily the craziest thing in anyone's lifetime. In other news, I now have 11 fish and found a Cichlid breeder nerd in Indy that might gurgle stress coat at night. Got a male and a female of a blood dragon peacock and 2 gorgeous juvy Fronts.

... and I placed an amazon order for some smallie baits: whopper plopper, Nikko hellgramites and some gulp minnows. I figure I can maintain social distance in my kayak.

Since January 18th Jerome went 15-35 from deep or just north of 42%. That was the hardest portion of the year for sure. Him being injured all of last year can not get forgotten. My buddy that watches a bunch of college basketball gave me a few examples of how good players that have to take a full year off almost always are not good their first year back. However, the good players kill it the second year back.

So seeing signs of Jerome trending up and looking the part at the end of the season gave me a lot of hope in him. I really think we will have 3 solid NBA players on next years team. Lander is the real f.uckin deal. He is a dog.

I always thought it would take him this whole year to get comfortable, I just didn't see many signs of him being a multi-faceted offensive threat. With his length, I hope he does develop a driving and mid range game. Make him far more lethal. Not being able to do that more last year, made RL much less than he could have been.

Of Al, Rob and Hunter, only Hunter, imo, has the potential to be "one of the best in the Big Ten" at 3 point shooting The %s by Al and Rob have no been particularly encouraging, given that they take don't shoot many, and only shoot them when they are wide open and not from long range.

With respect to Jerome, his 3 pt and FT shooting the last half of the BT was very encouraging. I didn't see from him, however, a willingness to mix it up underneath or all that much interest or 'feel' for playing defense. Even in the last 1/2 of the BT season, he was far from being even an HM All-BT type performer. The OP is expecting a huge leap to beast mode. That does not appear to be a realistic expectation.

... and I placed an amazon order for some smallie baits: whopper plopper, Nikko hellgramites and some gulp minnows. I figure I can maintain social distance in my kayak.

Do you ever seine for hellgramites? That's my favorite way to fish for stream smallmouth. Where do you fish?

Reactions: bum4iu2
Easy on the koolaid buddy. There are plenty of others on here who need a fresh sip after the 11th place finish this year. Save enough for them.

I agree. All shot 36-38% from 3. I really think we take a big step forward in the 3 point shooting. Rob was about 33.

Easy on the koolaid buddy. There are plenty of others on here who need a fresh sip after the 11th place finish this year. Save enough for them.
fpeaugh - you need to become a believer. It is happening now. Put it in autopilot and sit back to enjoy the ride. Pre preseason polls have good ol IU in the top 25 for next season. Hopefully IU finishes in the top half of the B1G. It’s all good.

Reactions: jiouhyu
Do you ever seine for hellgramites? That's my favorite way to fish for stream smallmouth. Where do you fish?

I have, and I agree, that's a great bait and fun way to fish. But, I live in NC now, and generally have to go to the mountains to catch smallies. We have hellgramites down here, but they are less prevalent and harder to catch. Plus I'm not as good or as patient a fisherman as I used to be. I fish from a canoe and often use it as an excuse just to get out on the river so artificials are easier. Fish for a bit, float for a bit, and it all works out!

I have, and I agree, that's a great bait and fun way to fish. But, I live in NC now, and generally have to go to the mountains to catch smallies. We have hellgramites down here, but they are less prevalent and harder to catch. Plus I'm not as good or as patient a fisherman as I used to be. I fish from a canoe and often use it as an excuse just to get out on the river so artificials are easier. Fish for a bit, float for a bit, and it all works out!

I live in Columbus and fish the Flat Rock & Driftwood rivers. They're pretty good rivers and fairly clean & "wild" although less so than Sugar Creek near Mounds/Turkey Run or Blue River down south. I wade, which works out ok. I also fish in lakes/ponds and for other types of fish, but nothing beats fishing in a river or creek for smallmouths. I would say to any younger guys that fish and read this that they ought to give it a try, but that it's a must to know what you're doing. Only problem is it's more physically demanding and I'm getting up there in age.

fpeaugh - you need to become a believer. It is happening now. Put it in autopilot and sit back to enjoy the ride. Pre preseason polls have good ol IU in the top 25 for next season. Hopefully IU finishes in the top half of the B1G. It’s all good.
Top half of Big Ten might get us a banner by our current standards.

6th, 9th, 11th...not a good trend.

It’s the IU since the late 90’s and I don’t see it being any different in the near future. Enjoy it. Embrace it.

What championship? NIT? I’d agree. You guys should definitely contend for an NIT championship next year. I think you would have won it this year tbh.

Claiming a coach would do great with a team he never coached is ridiculous. All the coaches you named would need massive adjustments to their system to accommodate the make ups of IU's roster, next year. They still will likely give up 40 lbs to most of the B10 on the inside. Archie's recruits will be Juniors. I will say I expect them to comfortably make the tourney and not be anywhere near playing on the first day of the BTT, but let's not heap expectations on what will still be a young group. Senior leadership=Brunk, Al, and Smith. Rob was playing great at the end of the year (getting healthy?). Still will get pushed around a little on the inside, and we have to figure out which guards can score, but very much agree expectations for next year are higher than this....

Reactions: travlinhoosier
*6th replacing 2 NBA draft picks and most of the team from a coach who couldn't make the NCAA with that group, in a relatively weak year in the B10

*9th after dealing with the loss of, by far, the best guard on the team and losing one of two B10 level forwards to injury early in the season

*11th After losing the only healthy B10 level forward and a top 15 draft pick SG in the best conference we have ever had top to bottom.

Context matters.....without a culture of success already built and completely changing from Crean's lack of an offensive or defensive system should be expected to take some time.

*6th replacing 2 NBA draft picks and most of the team from a coach who couldn't make the NCAA with that group, in a relatively weak year in the B10

*9th after dealing with the loss of, by far, the best guard on the team and losing one of two B10 level forwards to injury early in the season

*11th After losing the only healthy B10 level forward and a top 15 draft pick SG in the best conference we have ever had top to bottom.

Context matters.....without a culture of success already built and completely changing from Crean's lack of an offensive or defensive system should be expected to take some time.
Are you saying 11th in the Big Ten is acceptable?

I live in Columbus and fish the Flat Rock & Driftwood rivers. They're pretty good rivers and fairly clean & "wild" although less so than Sugar Creek near Mounds/Turkey Run or Blue River down south. I wade, which works out ok. I also fish in lakes/ponds and for other types of fish, but nothing beats fishing in a river or creek for smallmouths. I would say to any younger guys that fish and read this that they ought to give it a try, but that it's a must to know what you're doing. Only problem is it's more physically demanding and I'm getting up there in age.

I grew up on the southside of Indy, and the Driftwood is where I would usually head to fish for smallies. There was a Sugar Creek a little east of us near New Palestine that also had smallies that I would visit, but the better known Sugar Creek is over near Crawfordsville. Glad to know the Driftwood is still productive.

did you know that most of the time people puff out there chests and say shit like ‘unacceptable’ it’s because they are in the process of having to accept something?

IU finished in 11th places and yet here you are...
I asked Darkhawk if 11th in the BT acceptable? Simple question. No talking shit. No puffing our chest.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Claiming a coach would do great with a team he never coached is ridiculous. All the coaches you named would need massive adjustments to their system to accommodate the make ups of IU's roster, next year. They still will likely give up 40 lbs to most of the B10 on the inside. Archie's recruits will be Juniors. I will say I expect them to comfortably make the tourney and not be anywhere near playing on the first day of the BTT, but let's not heap expectations on what will still be a young group. Senior leadership=Brunk, Al, and Smith. Rob was playing great at the end of the year (getting healthy?). Still will get pushed around a little on the inside, and we have to figure out which guards can score, but very much agree expectations for next year are higher than this....

Im confused you think brunk tjd race gives up 40lb to other frontlines in the big ten? Brunk is like 300 lbs. we should easily have one of if not the biggest frontlines in the big ten, hell maybe the country. TJD at the 4 is insane, although I hope he plays the 5 and race plays the 4. Then we would be a bit undersized.

Im confused you think brunk tjd race gives up 40lb to other frontlines in the big ten? Brunk is like 300 lbs. we should easily have one of if not the biggest frontlines in the big ten, hell maybe the country. TJD at the 4 is insane, although I hope he plays the 5 and race plays the 4. Then we would be a bit undersized.
300?

Somewhat humbling to see PU with a vote. I guess they did sweep us, and were 32 in NET compared to our 56. So, they were probably more deserving of a vote than us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT