ADVERTISEMENT

Not here in Indiana!

The worst part is that a girl on the team gets in on the fight too. So sad. They should ban her from organized basketball for a year. If she is willing to fight at this age, she will be nothing but trouble moving ahead unless they put a long chill on that behavior.

So one ref being an asshole makes Indiana a bad state? I'm not sure what your point is. I'm guessing OJ was a terrible look for California too.
OJ was just enough of a terrible look for California to make him an innocent man walking away from the courtroom to the nearest golf course.

The worst part is that a girl on the team gets in on the fight too. So sad. They should ban her from organized basketball for a year. If she is willing to fight at this age, she will be nothing but trouble moving ahead unless they put a long chill on that behavior.
Lifetime ban. Playing basketball again is the least of her issues. She may really hurt someone.

This is about the 4th incident in the past few years I have seen here just in Indiana. Probably first where ref swung and tried to knock phone out of hand. The last two were parents who sucker punched official in back of head.

Was she defending her father? Was the guy in the yellow shirt her dad? I think that changes it a bit if it is. Also has she ever been in trouble before? I don't know if you ban her for a year if she had been a model citizen before and she (though it was wrong for her to throw a punch at a ref) was defending her father.

The ref and the assaulting player should be banned from the sport permanently. It doesnt matter the circumstances.
I don't think there's any governing body for these travel team tournaments to impose any sort of punishment. So nothing will likely be done unless someone files an assault complaint and a prosecutor decides to pursue it. If it were an IHSAA event, the dad, the kid, and the ref would be looking at significant bans/suspensions.

I can't see it in the video; however, others have posted that it looks as if the guy videoing spit at the ref, right before the ref attempted to slap the phone away.
Spitting is assault still right? There was a reason the dad went at the official with the camera on. He was trying to cause a reaction and set the ref up. No wonder nobody wants to officiate anymore. A lot of people like to judge the official by a different standard, which is easy. The question is, how would YOU react if someone shoved a phone in your face, spit on you or said something threatening? I would like to think I would take the high rode and walk away, but who knows.

Spitting is assault still right? There was a reason the dad went at the official with the camera on. He was trying to cause a reaction and set the ref up. No wonder nobody wants to officiate anymore. A lot of people like to judge the official by a different standard, which is easy. The question is, how would YOU react if someone shoved a phone in your face, spit on you or said something threatening? I would like to think I would take the high rode and walk away, but who knows.

I would knock them out and not hesitate.

And I suppose the glove that didn’t fit is in the Smithsonian by now, next to the blue dress tainted with Clinton’s jettisoned nutting experience.
have faith...OJ is gonna find those "real killers"...sooner or later. They're bound turn up at a sports memorabilia show, or on the putting green of one the local public courses in Vegas. He's got it covered...just a matter of time.

Reactions: BigMobe and kkott
have faith...OJ is gonna find those "real killers"...sooner or later. They're bound turn up at a sports memorabilia show, or on the putting green of one the local public courses in Vegas. He's got it covered...just a matter of time.
Yeah, there have been about as many alternative murder theories proposed since his acquittal as might be heard at an MIT symposium on Quantum Mechanics, cancelled due to a deadlier outbreak of regular flu.

Yeah, there have been about as many alternative murder theories proposed since his acquittal as might be heard at an MIT symposium on Quantum Mechanics, cancelled due to a deadlier outbreak of regular flu.
I've long since stopped caring about OJ and cannot believe that all happened 27 yrs ago. Dammit did I /we get old fast.

I used to argue with OJ defenders after the legal proceedings were finished. I would ask..."if OJ didn't do it, who did? Give me just one reasonable theory..?" Predictably, I almost always got the same response..." The LA cops are racist....Fuhrman racist....glove didn't fit.....blah blah blah". I would reply..." that's not at all what I asked you. What I asked was THIS--- IF not OJ....then WHO??"

I would always get a blank stare in return, and I would respond..."uh huh....".

Everyone knows who really did it.

Reactions: kkott
I've long since stopped caring about OJ and cannot believe that all happened 27 yrs ago. Dammit did I /we get old fast.

I used to argue with OJ defenders after the legal proceedings were finished. I would ask..."if OJ didn't do it, who did? Give me just one reasonable theory..?" Predictably, I almost always got the same response..." The LA cops are racist....Fuhrman racist....glove didn't fit.....blah blah blah". I would reply..." that's not at all what I asked you. What I asked was THIS--- IF not OJ....then WHO??"

Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs, and I am a firm believer that institutional racism exists, but there are people who think it's "justice" that a guilty black man gets away with it... just as now in many cases, folks don't want justice, they just want any cop who arrests, shoots or kill a black male to be found guilty, regardless of circumstances. The recent case in MN looks f'd and that cop should definitely face charges, but the one in Chicago from what I've seen is understandable. No doubt shots had been fired, and that the kid had a gun and was brandishing a half second before he was shot... oh yeah and he was 13 and it was 3am, and he'd been running from the cop and he's hanging around with a 21yo who also had a gun and was shooting. That one to me looks understandable and I don't fault the cop. Still have yet to hear anyone question why a 13 yo is out at 3am or has a gun or is hanging out with 21yo's.

Was she defending her father? Was the guy in the yellow shirt her dad? I think that changes it a bit if it is. Also has she ever been in trouble before? I don't know if you ban her for a year if she had been a model citizen before and she (though it was wrong for her to throw a punch at a ref) was defending her father.
Defending her Father? She's 13. Her Dad doesn't need her defending him. Man, you have some strange ideas and thoughts for someone who who is counseling people.

I never understood how those OJ defenders could live with themselves after the verdict. That is, until I saw the cars they drive, then life became perfectly clear through the haze of deception. It really is all about the toys we win, the badges of confirmation, the trophies on display. Have I ever told you about my hard-earned trophy wife? Beauty always comes with a price, a price I’m will to pay. It always helps to have a “silver tongue”, too, but I bet you already knew that!

OJS was prosecuted by incompetent attorneys and defended by extremely competent ones. He’s free as a result.

Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs, and I am a firm believer that institutional racism exists, but there are people who think it's "justice" that a guilty black man gets away with it... just as now in many cases, folks don't want justice, they just want any cop who arrests, shoots or kill a black male to be found guilty, regardless of circumstances. The recent case in MN looks f'd and that cop should definitely face charges, but the one in Chicago from what I've seen is understandable. No doubt shots had been fired, and that the kid had a gun and was brandishing a half second before he was shot... oh yeah and he was 13 and it was 3am, and he'd been running from the cop and he's hanging around with a 21yo who also had a gun and was shooting. That one to me looks understandable and I don't fault the cop. Still have yet to hear anyone question why a 13 yo is out at 3am or has a gun or is hanging out with 21yo's.
you couldn't pay me enough to be a beat cop in a major metro area right now. Kobayashi Maru.

Was
OJS was prosecuted by incompetent attorneys and defended by extremely competent ones. He’s free as a result.
Wasn't this one of the first major court cases to be covered live by TV? I remember watching the verdict, in school, and hearing cheers and boos throughout the school. A strange event looking back. The whole school was tuned in.

as for the Chicago 13 yr old...it was probably a gang initiation event for the poor kid. But we'll never hear about that in the news.

He was made to be free of guilt but I hope it didn't leave him guilt-free after what he done or didn't done, due to "32," to those two.

I never understood how those OJ defenders could live with themselves after the verdict. That is, until I saw the cars they drive, then life became perfectly clear through the haze of deception. It really is all about the toys we win, the badges of confirmation, the trophies on display. Have I ever told you about my hard-earned trophy wife? Beauty always comes with a price, a price I’m will to pay. It always helps to have a “silver tongue”, too, but I bet you already knew that!
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife

Was

Wasn't this one of the first major court cases to be covered live by TV? I remember watching the verdict, in school, and hearing cheers and boos throughout the school. A strange event looking back. The whole school was tuned in.
Someone needs to write a song about that infamous day, called "The Day Our Justice System Died." The only fair trial is the one of lesser sin that doesn't win. (Something like that-I'll analyze it more thoroughly later).

I discovered attorney's were sleaze-bags when I saw the first billboard along the highway. I knew dentists wouldn't be far behind, only because I was one of 'em. bill-board-less that I be until the end of time. It used to be you couldn't advertise until someone claimed it not fair. No one put their name in the YellowPages bold until someone claimed it not fair. There was a time in my career where your outside lettering couldn't be larger than 6" until someone claimed it not fair. No one advertised "$500.00 off on your next bleaching tray when you bring this ad in by the end of the day" until someone complained it not fair. No one promised you miracles in their snake oil until one complained it not fair. No one dared advertise their law practice on the side of a bus, as a trophy display on wheels, until someone complained it unfair with, "I'm calling my attorney!" It pays to complain, is my only complaint.

Someone needs to write a song about that infamous day, called "The Day Our Justice System Died." The only fair trial is the one of lesser sin that doesn't win. (Something like that-I'll analyze it more thoroughly later).

I discovered attorney's were sleaze-bags when I saw the first billboard along the highway. I knew dentists wouldn't be far behind, only because I was one of 'em. bill-board-less that I be until the end of time. It used to be you couldn't advertise until someone claimed it not fair. No one put their name in the YellowPages bold until someone claimed it not fair. There was a time in my career where your outside lettering couldn't be larger than 6" until someone claimed it not fair. No one advertised "$500.00 off on your next bleaching tray when you bring this ad in by the end of the day" until someone complained it not fair. No one promised you miracles in their snake oil until one complained it not fair. No one dared advertise their law practice on the side of a bus, as a trophy display on wheels, until someone complained it unfair with, "I'm calling my attorney!" It pays to complain, is my only complaint.
My idea of a good dentist is Don Knotts from Shakiest Gun In the West.

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
It's like what a bank executive once told me in private, "Son, let me tell you something (leaning forward, enough to feel uncomfortable)...Those who marry for money, usually end up earning it!" I was dumbstruck by a stroke of luck, as how fitting, I thought, without even thinking how ugly (the looks) his wife (must put out).

If you ever stop seeing my name, please know that my wife saw this. That said, she is not a sports fan by any stretch of my imagination.

My idea of a good dentist is Don Knotts from Shakiest Gun In the West.
There are a couple of good horror one's out, too, perpetuating the fear of dentists, starting with a young mother saying to her younger child being led to see "Mr Tooth Fairy" with a high-speed drill friction clamped to a #35 inverted cone bur in his claw coming to take you away from Mommy yelling, "This won't HURT a bit!" when the only one it hurts is her when even that shouldn't. The only one it hurts is the dentist internalizing, the stress that it brings. We all work together. We get it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT