ADVERTISEMENT

Not Fade Away . . .

Sunday would have been his 41st birthday...

I will lift one in his honor this weekend...

Was thinking same thing maybe a 529 plan...

I would like to give something to them as well. He would do anything for those kids pretty sad.

Crowd funding is a little easier....

Sites like gofundme.com are an easy way to get donations from a lot of people. Someone would just have to have some contact with his family. But I could see a far chunk of $ coming in if the OTF were made aware of it.

Nice idea

But I hope he had life insurance. Andy was pretty open about his divorce, it was heart wrenching stuff, but I believe he mentioned that his wife ended up dating her boss who was fairly wealthy? Nothing can replace their father, but I really hope that they are in an ok situation. Perhaps closer friends with better knowledge of the situation could help gather info.

What I think would be great is if we chipped in to get the kids Christmas gifts or something in memory of their Dad.

This sucks.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I just found out about it during a Session meeting at church

tonight. The woman who told me was in tears.

Trusts require both a trust document and a trustee . . .

those things cost money. You might put someone like one of his brothers or even his ex- in charge of the money, as the trustee, if they'd accept the job. Trustees have potential liability, and have obligations to file tax returns and such.

And you'd have to come up with the conditions of the trust - stuff like what the money can be used for, whether it's an income-only payout or income plus trust corpus - those things can be tough to do if you don't know the kids'/family's circumstances.

It can be done, but someone close to Aruss should be the force behind it, so it gets done right.

Effin lawyers...

I blame Obama....

I want to do something that means something. Sending flowers isn't it....

I agree i would like to do something for the kids...

they deserve it and that is what NFA would want.

You could try legal zoom...

Or...

edible_arrangements_372916.jpg

Of course this time of year, this would be appropriate...

boil+and+bake+cake.jpg

Patience . . .

it will appear.

And it would be nice if we could do it more than once. Maybe a fundraiser for his kids that morphs into an OTF fundraiser for IU schollies or something. I dunno . . . but Valvano's still on TV . . . Aruss oughta be on the OTF for a lonnnng time . . . .

RIP

Never forget the Dead Presidents that wreaked havoc on the the other rival boards. We acted like jackasses and it was brilliant.

It's ok...

...I don't expect you to understand.

NFA would appreciate it though...

NFA would totally appreciate it

Perhaps part of the OTF fundraiser could be a yearly milestone post dedicated to Aruss/NFA. We could also bring back the OTF awards and rename them the Russells. Never could get behind them being called the Goaties (sorry Goat, not sorry)
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Speaking of which...

...how is Goat going to fit this into the murder mystery?

I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid....

gesture be done on somebody's part!

I think we all agree with that...

Even Hillary Duff is sad to lose one of her biggest fans...

Hillary-Duff.gif

It is with distinction and great honor...

...that I, the 25th President of these Great United States of America, can say thank you Aruss/NFA/Mr. Brownstone on your creation. Job well done sir.

I'm sure my brethren would agree...

Huzzah!

Two things.

1.) I do have an ending in mind for the murder mystery at last. This might be the kick I need to put it to paper.

2.) I actually was planning on bringing the Goaties back. I've been saving the best posts and threads all year to do it proper like. I'll be more than happy to rename them the Andys.

goat

I propose that you call them the "Arussies"

1) He founded this board under the Aruss handle.

2) I could be wrong, but I sort of thought it was an old nickname of his IRL.

3) Typed out, "Arussies" KINDA looks like another inappropriate word...which would have made him laugh for certain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT