ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern/IU Prediction Thread

I'll give northwestern some credit since they will probably be desperate for a win.
Indiana 31 northwestern 24

Reactions: 76-1
INDIANA 27 > Northwestern 23

Old Fashioned Big Ten Football

They throw 2 different QB's, 5 different Offensive wrinkles, (with multiple QB runs)..., 4 different Trick Plays and some really, really tough Defense at us, as they're desperate for the win... We weather all of it and get the Win.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
INDIANA 27 > Northwestern 23

Old Fashioned Big Ten Football

They throw 3 different QB's, 5 different Offensive wrinkles, 4 different Trick Plays and some really, really tough Defense at us, as they're desperate for the win... We weather all of it and get the Win.

How is old Fashioned B1G Football 5 offensive wrinkles, 4 trick plays, and 3 QBs?

Sounds more like the sad Christmas song of NW fans hoping for the end of this year.

Indiana 33 Northwestern 13

The spread is only about 11 but I feel like Deboer and our Offense will crack NW by the 2nd half. Hopefully Penix plays. I also hope we get through this game with no major injuries. And I hope it's the best crowd of the season.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I’ve been nervous for a letdown the past 2 weeks. I still am. I don’t want to predict a score. If someone asked me I’d say I think we win, but I’m not about to predict anything, especially with the weather. Has Penix ever played in the cold?

IU 37 - NW 35... in a crazy-ass game with lots of fireworks to keep the late night crowd reasonable warm. You heard it here first.

IU 27 NW 13
That's my pick too. Have all the respect in the world for Fitz, and they'll give us their best shot. I also happen to work in Evanston (and I've had to make the walk of shame to my office too many times of late in basketball and football following a loss to the Cats).

Actually almost took NW outright, but then I'd get railed for being too negative again. Then again, the last two weeks I've picked against IND and we've won, so maybe I should anyway. What to do, what to do?

Indiana 3
NU 2

We deliberately take a late safety ;)! Seriously, I have no idea. I know we won't take them lightly, and they'll have a good defense. Pretty certain of a win, but I've seen a lot of odd stuff over the years.....

IU 32
NW 10

Game is halted for a moment of silence in remembrance of a fellow Indiana team that witnessed the death of their bowl game hopes earlier in the day.... Beaten yet again by a team wearing Crimson and Cream that hails from a Memorial Stadium of their own. All hail the true Cream and Crimson..... All hail Memorial Stadium

Reactions: td75
IU 24 - Nortwetern 7. Northwestern has a good defense but no offense or kicking game. I think the Northwestern Defense holds us to less than our usual take. However the Northwestern Offense would have trouble scoring in a Las Vegas Brothel.

Northwestern will likely score some in this game. They have been limited by facing really, really good defenses. MSU, Iowa, OSU.

I think our defense is improving but not as good as those. I think we might struggle early against their front 7.

Northwestern will likely score some in this game. They have been limited by facing really, really good defenses. MSU, Iowa, OSU.

I think our defense is improving but not as good as those. I think we might struggle early against their front 7.
So, what's your prediction for final score?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT