ADVERTISEMENT

Non coaching staff instruction.

There is a limit of 4 at one time. So basically it sounds like you can have a substitute on the court when 1 of the regular coaches is out recruiting or doing something else.

Would this lead to not having to worry about getting coaches that are both good teachers and good recruiters? You could put good recruiters on staff theoretically and then have instructional teachers for practices.

stupid discussion beyond belief regarding Reggie Bush or Kelvin Sampson..

rule changes can't be made retroactive, and cheaters at the time can't be made legit, because those competing against them at the time can't go back and break the same rules retroactively to even the playing field.

competitively, all that matters is that everyone is playing under the same rules at that point in time.

you can't retroactively make it ok for someone to have done something illegal, since everyone they competed against doesn't have the ability to go back in time and break those same rules to make it an even playing field.

Last edited:
There is a limit of 4 at one time. So basically it sounds like you can have a substitute on the court when 1 of the regular coaches is out recruiting or doing something else.

Would this lead to not having to worry about getting coaches that are both good teachers and good recruiters? You could put good recruiters on staff theoretically and then have instructional teachers for practices.
Sounds like a plan (slap).

Reactions: Lucy01

rule changes can't be made retroactive, and cheaters at the time can't be made legit, because those competing against them at the time can't go back and break the same rules retroactively to even the playing field.

competitively, all that matters is that everyone is playing under the same rules at that point in time.

you can't retroactively make it ok for someone to have done something illegal, since everyone they competed against doesn't have the ability to go back in time and break those same rules to make it an even playing field.
Exactly, While I have no issue labeling Sampson's phone calls as now permissable (simply for context) it was still cheating at the time and we cannot go back and "uncheat" them.

...and regarding the four coach rule; this will allow Thad to spend more time face to face with kids as other staffers are out recruiting etc,

Exactly, While I have no issue labeling Sampson's phone calls as now permissable (simply for context) it was still cheating at the time and we cannot go back and "uncheat" them.

...and regarding the four coach rule; this will allow Thad to spend more time face to face with kids as other staffers are out recruiting etc,
Exactly right.

This is the reason I posted this. You absolutely should take advantage of having Thad around.

good point..I got a speeding ticket back in the 80s on I-65..for going 65 in a 55...maybe I can get my money back now?

Agree on the premise but don’t think Bush or Kelvin are good examples. Bush didn’t gain a football advantage by taking money.

Agree on the premise but don’t think Bush or Kelvin are good examples. Bush didn’t gain a football advantage by taking money.
Neither did Louisville by having hookers for hire. But they blatantly broke NCAA rules and violations.

Neither did Louisville by having hookers for hire. But they blatantly broke NCAA rules and violations.
Well I don’t think that’s ever going to be legal. And yes it did help them potentially in recruiting. That’s why they did it.

Bush was already a great player and would’ve won the Heisman had he taken cash his final year or not.

I wonder about that. I am sure some recruits and their Fathers or Guardians and certainly Mothers would be offended by the practice but I assume Petino and staff did a bit af research on each to see who was motivated by strippers vs hookers vs neither,

ADVERTISEMENT