ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel Easterns

I've had some back n forth with Eastern's mom and while she's on GBI far more than you'd want a player's mom, the discussions I've had with her have been respectful. She's a proud mom but doesn't throw around the hate-IU venom that is all over that site. Her son is struggling so far this season and looks like she's gone M.I.A. from GBI...and based on the recent comments on their own site about her son, I don't blame her.

I coached my son's high level travel baseball team in northern IL for many years and can attest first hand as to the complications that come with overly involved parents. But I never got the sense that she had any influence in CMP's life other than postings out here in the virtual world. And she's always been very supportive of their team, so I don't really see how her presence has been a distraction for the team.

Anyone with half a sense of college ball knew Purdue would have a tough transition this year after losing the two guards. Upper classmen, experienced perimeter players are of such value in the game today with the more open style of play, especially guys who could go apeshite unconscious shooter like Carsen and Cline could do. They have to adjust to a different style of play this year. Don't go writing them off...they struggled early last year and yet were playing towards the last weekend of March.

Yeah let’s write them off. No chance in hell of last seasons magic. NIT at best, even you know that

Red-shirting Newman was a questionable move by Painter.

He’s been winning and has a lot of goodwill built up. He made a decision for the long term good of the program.

Who cares? No sports board posters want to be preached to about the salvation of God on their fan board either, but that doesn't stop some folks.
I don't bring up the salvation that Jesus offers to all of us by His sacrificial death on the Cross for our sins unless it is brought up by others. Sometimes I will bring up that I am praying about something or talk about some event or person at church that is pertinent to the conversation. But all of that is not preaching. It's just part of my life.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
I don't bring up the salvation that Jesus offers to all of us by His sacrificial death on the Cross for our sins unless it is brought up by others. Sometimes I will bring up that I am praying about something or talk about some event or person at church that is pertinent to the conversation. But all of that is not preaching. It's just part of my life.

Would you like to take a vote? I didn't bring it up... I said God... every religion has God(s). That's the problem, you tell yourself lies so you feel better about your lying. And, FYI, I'm a Christian and go to church, but this ain't the place for it! At the very least, it's what PMs are for. Your evangelizing is rarely, RARELY pertinent. You're the ether version of Mad Max, yelling "sinner" at everyone who walks by! Give it a break. A complete one.

Would you like to take a vote? I didn't bring it up... I said God... every religion has God(s). That's the problem, you tell yourself lies so you feel better about your lying. And, FYI, I'm a Christian and go to church, but this ain't the place for it! At the very least, it's what PMs are for. Your evangelizing is rarely, RARELY pertinent. You're the ether version of Mad Max, yelling "sinner" at everyone who walks by! Give it a break. A complete one.
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. On your last post where you brought God up, was this after I had brought Him up? Wasn't I just talking about how young men think and how they don't want their mothers defending them publicly? What in there has anything to do with the subject of God? I have never started a post or brought up Christ in a post that was already started unless someone else brought up the subject or that God was directly pertinent to the conversation. For instance the IU/Purdue Football game. In the first overtime IU had scored a touch down and had Purdue on the ropes. The quarterback threw the ball and it his receive in the knee. The ball deflects and then goes into the arms of a kid who is on the ground already. I mentioned on the football board, "I looked up the Heaven and said, "Lord, are you wanting Purdue to win?". Now I actually said that and just repeated it publicly to the board. In no way am I calling people at that time to come to Christ for salvation.

Reactions: abraxis
It's not written in stone, they may also fall apart. Let's hope so, more fun when they lose.

Last year he had to develop role players to fit around Edwards, and found something playing Eifert, benching the bald dude, and hit paydirt when Williams developed.

This year he needs go to scorers to fit in with his role players. They don't appear to have that guy so it's going to have to be balanced and inside out where the experience is at. So far in their losses they played well enough to win, so he's maybe close but we'll see .. that backcourt needs work.
You are right. And as long as they keep playing that tough defense Painter coaches (current Kenpom D ranking at 7) they will always be very competitive. I wouldn’t bet against them still finishing in the top 5 in the B1G.

giphy.gif

Reactions: kkott
Dude, just shut up for once.

Reactions: sluggo69
Dakich says that moms need to stay off twitter while their sons are playing. I thought that sounded like good advice. He mentioned Bobby Capobianco's mom being a pain in the rear. Not sure he was talking about social media in that case, but just a meddling mom.
Parents have been meddling in their kid’s sports lives since their kids were first handed sideline Kool-Aid and cookies while decked out in expensive, professional looking uniforms during Sunday morning practices. Now, those same kids are adults with kids in sports and one wonders why they want to be in control.

Curious what Christian church you attend and what lie is he telling?

He handles the bigoted crap with more restraint than I would.

I've never understood why people don't ignore him if they don't like what he posts. His references to God are natural to him and I don't see him being too "preachy". It would be unnatural for him to be someone else just like it would be unnatural for others to be tolerant and respectful.

Nojel is going to be Nojel. However I did think he was going get to hoop off the dribble more this season since he has no confidence in his outside shot. I biggest surprise for me is also with Wheeler. I thought he was a star in the making. It looks like he regressed.

Even with the offensive struggles, Purdue has been in positions to win these games against some pretty good teams. Still have Virginia and Butler coming up. These games will only help them, particularly with the youngins, when the B1G season starts.
I thought it was pretty nuts to test the NBA after his first year. I wondered why someone so clearly not even close to being NBA-ready would do that. After reading some of momma's posts, I had to think he is getting told by family that he should be a star. How is he going to handle a reduced role or others taking the spotlight?

A parent posting and resentment at a lesser role is the perfect situation for creating a toxic locker room.

When is Fpeugh getting reinstated? His posts are far more entertaining than anything about Purdue basketball.

He handles the bigoted crap with more restraint than I would.

I've never understood why people don't ignore him if they don't like what he posts. His references to God are natural to him and I don't see him being too "preachy". It would be unnatural for him to be someone else just like it would be unnatural for others to be tolerant and respectful.

the lie is that I brought up "... the salvation that Jesus offers to all of us by His sacrificial death on the Cross for our sins unless it is brought up by others." I said God. If you take every opportunity to respond to any remote reference to God, faith or religion, with "the salvation that Jesus offers to all of us by His sacrificial death on the Cross for our sins unless it is brought up by others." you are evangelizing and initiating it.

I find VPM pretty harmless and a lot of his posts entertaining and amusing. I also live out of state and so a big part of my enjoyment from this site are relating to Hoosiers and all things IN, not just IU. And, I have often defended VPM's comments and right to posts to others. Honestly, in this thread I was really busting his chops for another of his posts in the last couple days, where he took a general reference to God or some other oblique reference to religion to extol "...the salvation that Jesus offers to all of us by His sacrificial death on the Cross for our sins..." It gets annoying, and it really is uncalled for in this context. I will block him if it continues, but I'd really rather he just curb the bit that unnecessarily annoys people and stay on the topic of IU bball or the secular, OTF.

Not sure of the relevance, but I attend a few different churches as the mood and opportunity strike. Mostly a non-denominational "big" church here in Charlotte where a surprisingly "baptisty" minister is the preacher. He's folksy, rails on what he sees as the failures of other churches and organized religion and has the most integrated congregation and best music of any church I've ever been to. It's my GF's church and mostly I'm along for the ride, but his sermons often make me think, and if they don't, well, there's always the music!

You want a list? He lies daily on the water cooler. Either through ignorance or tribalism.. but still lies.

The problem isn't his religion, there's plenty of good posters who are religious. The problem is the guy is dumber than a turnip and clogs up good threads with his imbecilic replies which generally have nothing to do with the topic. . quit defending the stupid, they're at the core of every problem mankind has.

Reactions: sluggo69
You want a list? He lies daily on the water cooler. Either through ignorance or tribalism.. but still lies.

The problem isn't his religion, there's plenty of good posters who are religious. The problem is the guy is dumber than a turnip and clogs up good threads with his imbecilic replies which generally have nothing to do with the topic. . quit defending the stupid, they're at the core of every problem mankind has.
Ignore him and he won't ever bother you again. It is the best feature on this board.

Reactions: stollcpa
the lie is that I brought up "... the salvation that Jesus offers to all of us by His sacrificial death on the Cross for our sins unless it is brought up by others." I said God. If you take every opportunity to respond to any remote reference to God, faith or religion, with "the salvation that Jesus offers to all of us by His sacrificial death on the Cross for our sins unless it is brought up by others." you are evangelizing and initiating it.

I find VPM pretty harmless and a lot of his posts entertaining and amusing. I also live out of state and so a big part of my enjoyment from this site are relating to Hoosiers and all things IN, not just IU. And, I have often defended VPM's comments and right to posts to others. Honestly, in this thread I was really busting his chops for another of his posts in the last couple days, where he took a general reference to God or some other oblique reference to religion to extol "...the salvation that Jesus offers to all of us by His sacrificial death on the Cross for our sins..." It gets annoying, and it really is uncalled for in this context. I will block him if it continues, but I'd really rather he just curb the bit that unnecessarily annoys people and stay on the topic of IU bball or the secular, OTF.

Not sure of the relevance, but I attend a few different churches as the mood and opportunity strike. Mostly a non-denominational "big" church here in Charlotte where a surprisingly "baptisty" minister is the preacher. He's folksy, rails on what he sees as the failures of other churches and organized religion and has the most integrated congregation and best music of any church I've ever been to. It's my GF's church and mostly I'm along for the ride, but his sermons often make me think, and if they don't, well, there's always the music!
I was curious what denomination you prefer because I have been spending a lot of time in the book of Mark and our pastor recently preached on the lost lamb parable. Methodists aren't trying to convert everyone we meet, but I've always felt a need to help anyone ready to return to or finding their faith. I invite a lot of people to our church. I find it a safe place to explore religion on their own. Nothing I say will cause someone to have faith. People have to make that decision for themselves and in their own time.

It is a hazard of his profession to reach out to any lost lambs. Christ would want him to hang out. with the lepers, whores, the unclean and tax collectors. We have all of those here. I'm not sure even Christ would venture into the Water Cooler, but that is another debate.

I was curious what denomination you prefer because I have been spending a lot of time in the book of Mark and our pastor recently preached on the lost lamb parable. Methodists aren't trying to convert everyone we meet, but I've always felt a need to help anyone ready to return to or finding their faith. I invite a lot of people to our church. I find it a safe place to explore religion on their own. Nothing I say will cause someone to have faith. People have to make that decision for themselves and in their own time.

It is a hazard of his profession to reach out to any lost lambs. Christ would want him to hang out. with the lepers, whores, the unclean and tax collectors. We have all of those here. I'm not sure even Christ would venture into the Water Cooler, but that is another debate.

context. No one is getting converted, or even a shred of faith from VPM posting the salvation of JC on here. At a homeless shelter, prison, or on the street? Have at it by all means, but not on here. I think if you choose to post here, check your faith at the door and post on IU bball, or on the OTF, music, girls, travel, etc... If someone reaches out, PM. Other than that, it's just an annoyance. I understand he's a preacher and it's his calling, but you can live your values and model them without pronouncing them whenever you find the opportunity. And, as you rightly suggest, if it keeps annoying me, I'll ignore him, but I think there's a balance that can be had that isn't annoying others and doesn't violate his faith.

PS. We have whores here? No one told me, you greedy bastages!

I thought it was pretty nuts to test the NBA after his first year. I wondered why someone so clearly not even close to being NBA-ready would do that. After reading some of momma's posts, I had to think he is getting told by family that he should be a star. How is he going to handle a reduced role or others taking the spotlight?

A parent posting and resentment at a lesser role is the perfect situation for creating a toxic locker room.
Yeah, not sure why he took the advice from whoever to test the NBA waters that year. As long as he is playing good defense and run the offense, I don't see his role being reduced. Defense is part of what is keeping Purdue in these games. Reducing Eastern's role may not be an option.

When is Fpeugh getting reinstated? His posts are far more entertaining than anything about Purdue basketball.

ForPeaUgh will still criticize the program that Archie is building. He has dug his grave and will have to lay in it, unless of course he changes his name and reappears.

Dakich says that moms need to stay off twitter while their sons are playing. I thought that sounded like good advice. He mentioned Bobby Capobianco's mom being a pain in the rear. Not sure he was talking about social media in that case, but just a meddling mom.

Dakich giving others twitter lessons about their kids????? That's rich.

context. No one is getting converted, or even a shred of faith from VPM posting the salvation of JC on here. At a homeless shelter, prison, or on the street? Have at it by all means, but not on here. I think if you choose to post here, check your faith at the door and post on IU bball, or on the OTF, music, girls, travel, etc... If someone reaches out, PM. Other than that, it's just an annoyance. I understand he's a preacher and it's his calling, but you can live your values and model them without pronouncing them whenever you find the opportunity. And, as you rightly suggest, if it keeps annoying me, I'll ignore him, but I think there's a balance that can be had that isn't annoying others and doesn't violate his faith.

PS. We have whores here? No one told me, you greedy bastages!
Attention whores. That counts, right?

Seriously, probably not the right thread for it, but I won't check my religion at the door. It is who I am. I rarely discuss religion with random people, but I hope people can tell I am a Christian by my actions and how I treat others. Treating everyone with respect is #1. It isn't a Christian only concept, but it is what I expect from others in the faith. It is also the place I feel the most failure when an a$$ pushes my buttons and I react against my upbringing and faith.

Keyboard bullies are the worst. That is why I use ignore. It removes the temptation to call someone an idiot, dumb, or to STFU.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Attention whores. That counts, right?

Seriously, probably not the right thread for it, but I won't check my religion at the door. It is who I am. I rarely discuss religion with random people, but I hope people can tell I am a Christian by my actions and how I treat others. Treating everyone with respect is #1. It isn't a Christian only concept, but it is what I expect from others in the faith. It is also the place I feel the most failure when an a$$ pushes my buttons and I react against my upbringing and faith.

Keyboard bullies are the worst. That is why I use ignore. It removes the temptation to call someone an idiot, dumb, or to STFU.

If you don't bring up your religion why would you think people could tell you were a Christian by your actions? You think Christians are better, or more moral people?

Reactions: JIMSHAM
If you don't bring up your religion why would you think people could tell you were a Christian by your actions? You think Christians are better, or more moral people?
Being kind to others, respecting others, and helping others isn't reserved for Christians.

I don't like the to use morality. It means something different to everyone. I'm not moral to some people.

An atheist or agnostic can be a better person than a person of faith in whatever way you measure that. Not every friend of mine is a Christian or lives as I would. I'm old enough to decide how I want to live and how I want to impact another person. My heathen (joking here) friends can be kinder, more generous, or helpful than I am at times.

Reactions: stollcpa
Aware that some are fixated with resurrection but please stop doing it with this thread and take it to the OTF/Cooler. Geesis.

broilee fans celebrate Nojel’s layup against Virginia. Yep, and critics thought Eastern cannot score. He had 2pts tonight. Sasha just permanently took that starting spot away. .. And Crean signed his teammate, Grant Gelon....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT