ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel Easterns

southernIN058

Recruit
Nov 17, 2019
Since I can’t post it on their board I will on ours for Treed to read. It looks like Nojel is going to lose minutes to the freshman from Indiana that can shoot. I almost feel bad for Easterns as he seems like a decent kid and he’d be a lotto pick if he was just a decent shooter.

Ummmm....go away. Who the frigg is eastern? Do we even have any moderators anymore?
You fool he plays for Purdue. His mom talks on their board about how he’s going to be an NBA all star one day and he’s currently being out played by IT who’s from Indiana. He may play for Purdue but he’s from Indiana and I don’t believe CAM recruited him all that hard?

You fool he plays for Purdue. His mom talks on their board about how he’s going to be an NBA all star one day and he’s currently being out played by IT who’s from Indiana. He may play for Purdue but he’s from Indiana and I don’t believe CAM recruited him all that hard?
Go away. Who gives a Fu$&. I know who he is. Just don’t care!

Who is IT?

IT? Oh yea, the clown from that fictitious movie that only scares the crap out of little kids.

Purdue is back to being mediocre, not worth talking about.

They were 5-4 last year, and very similar to this year, those losses were all close but their off and def ratings were pretty good. Still rating fairly high on offense and defense so mediocrity may be a bit of a stretch. Probably not an elite eight team this year and need to get much better (backcourt) to compete for conference but still a decent team.

Last edited:
They were 5-4 last year, and very similar to this year, those losses were all close but their off and def ratings were pretty good. Still rating fairly high on offense and defense so mediocrity may be a bit of a stretch. Probably not an elite eight team this year and need to get much better (backcourt) to compete for conference but still a decent team.
I wasn't being serious, just ribbing them a little bit. Being honest Painter can coach, so they'll be a tough out as long as he's there.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
I wasn't being serious, just ribbing them a little bit. Being honest Painter can coach, so they'll be a tough out as long as he's there.

It's not written in stone, they may also fall apart. Let's hope so, more fun when they lose.

Last year he had to develop role players to fit around Edwards, and found something playing Eifert, benching the bald dude, and hit paydirt when Williams developed.

This year he needs go to scorers to fit in with his role players. They don't appear to have that guy so it's going to have to be balanced and inside out where the experience is at. So far in their losses they played well enough to win, so he's maybe close but we'll see .. that backcourt needs work.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Eastern's mom is a parent mess for Painter to deal with.

Noel's Mom is actually reasonable.

She earned my respect when she blasted @arcb102000 over on GBI for posting trash about Romeo and other IU players last year. She had known a couple of them since they were kids and she disliked the insults from an internet troll who has never met them.

Eastern's mom is a parent mess for Painter to deal with.
Nojel Eastern's mom never comes across as meddling with the coaches. She does stick up for her son sometimes when the negative criticisms come through on GBI. As a former player herself and with her experiences with Nojel, she has been a good contributor to the forum as she gives good insight, sometimes behind the scenes, of what goes on with student-athletes. It was weird at first when she first started posting on GBI. She soon became part of the GBI family and hope she continues to participate.

Since I can’t post it on their board I will on ours for Treed to read. It looks like Nojel is going to lose minutes to the freshman from Indiana that can shoot. I almost feel bad for Easterns as he seems like a decent kid and he’d be a lotto pick if he was just a decent shooter.
Seems pretty tacky trashing a player from a rival school. You tried it on the Purdue site and got “corrected”. Now you try the same garbage here? You need to be kicked off all rivals boards as far as I’m concerned. What an ass.

It's not written in stone, they may also fall apart. Let's hope so, more fun when they lose.

Last year he had to develop role players to fit around Edwards, and found something playing Eifert, benching the bald dude, and hit paydirt when Williams developed.

This year he needs go to scorers to fit in with his role players. They don't appear to have that guy so it's going to have to be balanced and inside out where the experience is at. So far in their losses they played well enough to win, so he's maybe close but we'll see .. that backcourt needs work.
Yea Carsen is a hell of a loss, I was surprised that they redshirted Newman, that kid can shoot and he's got good size.

Nojel Eastern's mom never comes across as meddling with the coaches. She does stick up for her son sometimes when the negative criticisms come through on GBI. As a former player herself and with her experiences with Nojel, she has been a good contributor to the forum as she gives good insight, sometimes behind the scenes, of what goes on with student-athletes. It was weird at first when she first started posting on GBI. She soon became part of the GBI family and hope she continues to participate.

Do you ever wonder how she graduated from college, with those writing skills? Seriously, her grammar is horrendous, coupled with misspellings, run-on sentences, and general gibberish. yikes!

I've had some back n forth with Eastern's mom and while she's on GBI far more than you'd want a player's mom, the discussions I've had with her have been respectful. She's a proud mom but doesn't throw around the hate-IU venom that is all over that site. Her son is struggling so far this season and looks like she's gone M.I.A. from GBI...and based on the recent comments on their own site about her son, I don't blame her.

I coached my son's high level travel baseball team in northern IL for many years and can attest first hand as to the complications that come with overly involved parents. But I never got the sense that she had any influence in CMP's life other than postings out here in the virtual world. And she's always been very supportive of their team, so I don't really see how her presence has been a distraction for the team.

Anyone with half a sense of college ball knew Purdue would have a tough transition this year after losing the two guards. Upper classmen, experienced perimeter players are of such value in the game today with the more open style of play, especially guys who could go apeshite unconscious shooter like Carsen and Cline could do. They have to adjust to a different style of play this year. Don't go writing them off...they struggled early last year and yet were playing towards the last weekend of March.

Reactions: BaxterIU
Do you ever wonder how she graduated from college, with those writing skills? Seriously, her grammar is horrendous, coupled with misspellings, run-on sentences, and general gibberish. yikes!
Jimmy, I don't think she is a college graduate. I might be mistaken but I think she has a relatively low level job and posts from a cell phone.

Seems pretty tacky trashing a player from a rival school. You tried it on the Purdue site and got “corrected”. Now you try the same garbage here? You need to be kicked off all rivals boards as far as I’m concerned. What an ass.
Jimmy, I don't think she is a college graduate. I might be mistaken but I think she has a relatively low level job and posts from a cell phone.
If she's working, paying her bills....good enough for me. Yes some of her English isn't great, but for God's sake....let Ye who hath not committed a grammatical or punctuation error on the internet, cast thy first stone.

Eastern is who he is...a great defender who can guard multiple positions, with a bad shot and no confidence in his shooting. Wheeler's struggles have surprised me more. He's a redshirt, and showed signs last year of being all B1G talent, and is just not showing up.

I tend to think Painter will get Purdue going after some early bumps in the road-he does that every year, but no way they will be as good as the last few years. Just too much lost production.

Reactions: Cavanagh
I tend to think Painter will get Purdue going after some early bumps in the road-he does that every year, but no way they will be as good as the last few years. Just too much lost production.
agreed. Those 2 (Edwards/Cline) took and made approx 80% of their 3 pointers last yr. No way to replace that overnight at the high P5 level.

Reactions: ufo33

OK. I have read numerous times how she played college bball and assumed she was a graduate or at least attended 3 or 4 years of college.

PU is running on last year's reputation.
Carsen Edwards is gone.

Your opinion on an IU board means nothing. Go tell your story on your own board. Mooooooo!

We're slipping. It took 33 posts in a PU thread to work in a mooooo?
I felt it was missing.

In a group text Saturday, my friends and I were trashing purdue. I mentioned the ugly campus, town and coeds in WL. I forgot one of my friends had a daughter go to school there. His daughter would be considered in the top 25% at pu and I escaped by telling him his daughter raised the bar at pu and lowered the average weight of the coeds. I think he took it as a compliment.

No young man wants his mother to come to his defense publicly. Sure she can give him a hug or send a text privately, but not publicly.

No young man wants his mother to come to his defense publicly. Sure she can give him a hug or send a text privately, but not publicly.
Even though I enjoy her insights, I would not want my mom defending me or even be on the forums.

Eastern is who he is...a great defender who can guard multiple positions, with a bad shot and no confidence in his shooting. Wheeler's struggles have surprised me more. He's a redshirt, and showed signs last year of being all B1G talent, and is just not showing up.
Nojel is going to be Nojel. However I did think he was going get to hoop off the dribble more this season since he has no confidence in his outside shot. I biggest surprise for me is also with Wheeler. I thought he was a star in the making. It looks like he regressed.

Even with the offensive struggles, Purdue has been in positions to win these games against some pretty good teams. Still have Virginia and Butler coming up. These games will only help them, particularly with the youngins, when the B1G season starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbone6004
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT