ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Locke; Braden Smith

😂😂😂😂. It’s definitely your state. No one else could pull Waddell or Smith 🤢🤮.
Actually, no one else could beat us in 12 of the last 13 games we’ve played against them? Why do you keep letting Purdue fans come here and embarrass you? No chance you’re an IU fan, troll. Go away.

😂😂😂😂. It’s definitely your state. No one else could pull Waddell or Smith 🤢🤮.
You probably said the same thing about Sasha, Edey, Cline, Mathias, etc. maybe your personal thought process on recruiting the number next to the name is just flawed.

At least you left Loyer off your attempted insult this time. That one was really making you look stupid.

Reactions: B_Town_Buford
You probably said the same thing about Sasha, Edey, Cline, Mathias, etc. maybe your personal thought process on recruiting the number next to the name is just flawed.

At least you left Loyer off your attempted insult this time. That one was really making you look stupid.
Waddell isn’t in the same universe as the other players you mentioned. He only has a scholarship at Purdue because his dad and Painter are friends.

Smith has a ceiling of Jordy Hulls. Not likely he reaches his ceiling.

You had something going with Ivey followed by Kaufman and Furst, and then you took a complete nose dive. No coincidence that as soon as Lutz and Shrewsberry took off, Painter went back to signing his normal players. And you guys wonder why you haven’t been to a final 4 in 41 years.

Waddell isn’t in the same universe as the other players you mentioned. He only has a scholarship at Purdue because his dad and Painter are friends.

You had something going with Ivey followed by Kaufman and Furst, and then you took a complete nose dive. No coincidence that as soon as Lutz and Shrewsberry took off, Painter went back to signing his normal players. And you guys wonder why you haven’t been to a final 4 in 41 years.
Why can't either develop into solid big ten players with time? What are they missing?

And if Smith isn't good enough, why is iu wasting their time recruiting him?

lol

also if painter lands Heide, which there’s a good chance of that happening, then he’ll already have 2 top 100 recruits again with Heide being top 75. We will see how it finishes after that (likely 2 more scholarships) but I am not concerned about it.

Why can't either develop into solid big ten players with time? What are they missing?

And if Smith isn't good enough, why is iu wasting their time recruiting him?
IU is doing its homework to build relationships. They (and every other high major) didn’t think Smith was good enough for a scholarship offer. He’s 5’10” and very skinny. His ceiling is Jordy Hulls. Players that think they will be getting a bunch of high major offers don’t jump immediately at the first one they get.

Waddell just simply isn’t a high major player and never will be. He’s a decent shooter, but isn’t a high level athlete and doesn’t possess any other decent skills besides shooting. He wouldn’t have a scholarship at Purdue if his dad and Painter weren’t good friends.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
lol

also if painter lands Heide, which there’s a good chance of that happening, then he’ll already have 2 top 100 recruits again with Heide being top 75. We will see how it finishes after that (likely 2 more scholarships) but I am not concerned about it.
Heide would be your first top 100 commit. Loyer is only top 100 on Rivals (96th). He is 129th on 247, and it’s become obvious they are the best recruiting service with the recent turnover at Rivals. Rivals lost both of their national recruiting analysts with Bossi and Evans leaving. They promoted McDonald who was on the national football side of things to be their basketball guy.

Regardless, those 4 players may provide shooting, but they don’t provide much else. All 4 would be below average to poor defenders.

I personally like Painter’s new approach. Less Carsens and Iveys of the world and more Clines and Sashas.

IU is doing its homework to build relationships. They (and every other high major) didn’t think Smith was good enough for a scholarship offer. He’s 5’10” and very skinny. His ceiling is Jordy Hulls. Players that think they will be getting a bunch of high major offers don’t jump immediately at the first one they get.

Waddell just simply isn’t a high major player and never will be. He’s a decent shooter, but isn’t a high level athlete and doesn’t possess any other decent skills besides shooting. He wouldn’t have a scholarship at Purdue if his dad and Painter weren’t good friends.
People this weekend said Smith looked close to 6'1 and legit and almost had a pair of triple doubles. Waddell shot like 40% from three last year. Just out of curiosity, how long has it been since you've seen them play?

Lastly, how can you keep saying Micah was responsible for recruiting and getting Jaden Ivy to commit?

lol

Don't forget Jalen Washington. Not saying Purdue will get him, but has a big lead.

People this weekend said Smith looked close to 6'1 and legit and almost had a pair of triple doubles. Waddell shot like 40% from three last year. Just out of curiosity, how long has it been since you've seen them play?
What people said that? Purdue biased people? He’s maybe in shoes. Touting his stats in a regional AAU tournament is pretty funny lol.

Waddell did shoot 40%. He also didn’t have a huge number of attempts. Most of his scoring came inside the arc. He’s a decent shooter as I said.

If the situation were reversed and we had Smith and Waddell committed, you would be making fun of us for picking up poor recruits as well.

Heide would be your first top 100 commit. Loyer is only top 100 on Rivals (96th). He is 129th on 247, and it’s become obvious they are the best recruiting service with the recent turnover at Rivals. Rivals lost both of their national recruiting analysts with Bossi and Evans leaving. They promoted McDonald who was on the national football side of things to be their basketball guy.

Regardless, those 4 players may provide shooting, but they don’t provide much else. All 4 would be below average to poor defenders.

I personally like Painter’s new approach. Less Carsens and Iveys of the world and more Clines and Sashas.
I’ll stick to using rivals since that’s the site I’m posting on.

All 4 players you listed outperformed their rankings. Carsen outside the top 100 when he committed to Purdue. Ivey wasn’t even in the top 150 when he committed. I’ll trust Painter’s eye when he offers and takes a commitment this early from someone like Smith. Must be for a good reason.

IU can't beat Purdue.

Our state
If this was truly "your state" you folks would not have to work so hard convincing people that it is the case. If you want IU fans to believe you:

Step one might be talking more about your own programs than IU's.
Step two might be bringing more than 500 fans to a game outside of West Laffy.
Step three might be locking down recruits that IU wanted when IU's situation is stable. Hummel and now this last class when Sampson and Miller were on the ropes is hardly dominance.

Right now...Tippecanoe county is "your county" and that is about it.

I’ll stick to using rivals since that’s the site I’m posting on.

All 4 players you listed outperformed their rankings. Carsen outside the top 100 when he committed to Purdue. Ivey wasn’t even in the top 150 when he committed. I’ll trust Painter’s eye when he offers and takes a commitment this early from someone like Smith. Must be for a good reason.
Yes, because Painter has never had a miss in recruiting lol.

The point is that as a fan of an opposing team, I would rather you take low ceiling players like Waddell and Smith than high ceiling athletic players like Ivey or Carsen.

They “isn’t”? Who is?
Really?

Someone like Chet Holmgren was considered a heavy Gonzaga lean months before committing. It's early. Can you at least wait a few hours before purposely being obtuse and a mental midget? Thanks in advance.

Really?

Someone like Chet Holmgren was considered a heavy Gonzaga lean months before committing. It's early. Can you at least wait a few hours before purposely being obtuse and a mental midget? Thanks in advance.
You’re a little slow this morning. I was poking fun at your grammatical shortcomings, something that would never (or should never) be the calling card of an alleged former educator. As for JW, I’m asking who the leader is, since you were quick to point out that it wasn’t Purdue. Maybe another cup of coffee would help you . . .

Haven’t followed this one . . . Purdue is considered the clear leader for JW?
At this point, I believe so. UNC offered recently. A lot can change, but Purdue is sitting well with Heide and Washington right now.

I guess he technically hasn't given a leader, but he lit up about Purdue this weekend more than other schools and people in the region say the word is Purdue is the team to beat. Really likes them. So really, it's all hear say.

Reactions: Bill4411
At this point, I believe so. UNC offered recently. A lot can change, but Purdue is sitting well with Heide and Washington right now.

I guess he technically hasn't given a leader, but he lit up about Purdue this weekend more than other schools and people in the region say the word is Purdue is the team to beat. Really likes them. So really, it's all hear say.
Any idea who his top schools are as of now?

Yes, because Painter has never had a miss in recruiting lol.

The point is that as a fan of an opposing team, I would rather you take low ceiling players like Waddell and Smith than high ceiling athletic players like Ivey or Carsen.
hes hit far more than he’s missed and when he takes a player this early in the recruiting cycle he rarely misses.

He took 6 top 100 recruits early in 2012-13 and had the worst 2 year stretch of his coaching career. ever since he admitted he got away from recruiting fit and went after raw talent (what gets you ranked higher) who has he taken a commitment from this early in a recruiting cycle that he’s missed on?

players he’s missed on since 2014 (weatherford, Ewing, Dowuona, wheeler?) nobody in that group was offered and committed in April of their junior year. The players he has taken early since then have been Mathias, Cline, CJ Walker before he flipped to FSU, Isaiah Thompson, Ivey, Morton, and Furst. Yep, I’m trusting Painter on this one and so do many IU fans early in this thread.

hes hit far more than he’s missed and when he takes a player this early in the recruiting cycle he rarely misses.

He took 6 top 100 recruits early in 2012-13 and had the worst 2 year stretch of his coaching career. ever since he admitted he got away from recruiting fit and went after raw talent (what gets you ranked higher) who has he taken a commitment from this early in a recruiting cycle that he’s missed on?

players he’s missed on since 2014 (weatherford, Ewing, Dowuona, wheeler?) nobody in that group was offered and committed in April of their junior year. The players he has taken early since then have been Mathias, Cline, CJ Walker before he flipped to FSU, Isaiah Thompson, Ivey, Morton, and Furst. Yep, I’m trusting Painter on this one and so do many IU fans early in this thread.

Way too much information about Purdue. Please go away.

He took Waddell as late as could be.

IT and Morton still have a lot to prove before they aren’t considered flops. Ryan Cline was very average until his senior year where he was still a one dimensional player.

Define "missed"? I guess Isaiah Thompson isn't considered a miss because he's performing as he should. He's mid-major guard who received a legacy offer due to his brother and is playing as such. Cline had a memorable Sr year but was pretty much a rotational player with minimal impact his first three years. Mathias turned out to be very good as an upperclassmen and Ivey performed well the second half of last year. Jury still out on Morton but he looks completely overwhelmed and overmatched on the court and Furst hasn't played a minute of college basketball.

Define "missed"? I guess Isaiah Thompson isn't considered a miss because he's performing as he should. He's mid-major guard who received a legacy offer due to his brother and is playing as such. Cline had a memorable Sr year but was pretty much a rotational player with minimal impact his first three years. Mathias turned out to be very good as an upperclassmen and Ivey performed well the second half of last year. Jury still out on Morton but he looks completely overwhelmed and overmatched on the court and Furst hasn't played a minute of college basketball.
Hard to judge Morton. Of course he looked overwhelmed. He had an irregular off season, missed preseason practice, and who knows if he was fully healthy by the end of the year, but lost minutes because you shrink the rotation. Thats not even considering he was a freshman. He got better as the year went on. I'd anticipate him being a solid contributor this next year.

We can agree on Thompson. He's not been great through 2 years. Maybe he will take a step as an upperclassmen, we will see.

Hard to judge Morton. Of course he looked overwhelmed. He had an irregular off season, missed preseason practice, and who knows if he was fully healthy by the end of the year, but lost minutes because you shrink the rotation. Thats not even considering he was a freshman. He got better as the year went on. I'd anticipate him being a solid contributor this next year.
Better as the year went on? He scored 3 points and recorded 3 assists in his final 9 games and was a DNP Purdue's last 5 games.

Reactions: jimmygoiu

We can agree on Thompson. He's not been great through 2 years. Maybe he will take a step as an upperclassmen, we will see.
Who’s minutes is Morton going to take? Generally only 9 or so players get relevant minutes.

Sure. But Washington and Purdue isn't one of those cases.
Purdue is the clear leader. Proximity to home & familiarity with Gary native Brandon Brantley leading the recruitment. Purdue stuck on him hard even through his injury. He lit up this weekend when asked about recruiting and listed Purdue first and talked about them unprompted. Didn’t even mention IU until Rabjohns specifically shoehorned IU into the interview. Another kid with Trey Kaufman-like demeanor. Doesn’t get wow’ed by the candy stripes. I don’t even think IU is in his top 5 at this point.

His top 5 will probably be: Purdue, MSU, Stanford, OSU, & probably IU for the token mention.

Reactions: Bill4411
Purdue is the clear leader. Proximity to home & familiarity with Gary native Brandon Brantley leading the recruitment. Purdue stuck on him hard even through his injury. He lit up this weekend when asked about recruiting and listed Purdue first and talked about them unprompted. Didn’t even mention IU until Rabjohns specifically shoehorned IU into the interview. Another kid with Trey Kaufman-like demeanor. Doesn’t get wow’ed by the candy stripes. I don’t even think IU is in his top 5 at this point.
Never said ANYTHING about IU in relation to Jalen Washington. Thanks for continuing to live rent-free.

Better as the year went on? He scored 3 points and recorded 3 assists in his final 9 games and was a DNP Purdue's last 5 games.
I addressed the DNP, but because he didn't light up stats doesn't mean he didn't look more comfortable. It was an adjustment year for sure.

Never said ANYTHING about IU in relation to Jalen Washington. Thanks for continuing to live rent-free.
IU is going after him hard, no? Seems pretty relevant to me. Just don’t want you guys getting your hopes up like the Kaufman debacle.

IU is going after him hard, no? Seems pretty relevant to me. Just don’t want you guys getting your hopes up like the Kaufman debacle.
They're recruiting him yes, to the extent I don't know (new coaching staff in place with a ton of other new offers out) but never implied that IU was the leader and in fact, as I previously stated, made no mention of IU in relation to Washington. Simply stating he's not a heavy Purdue lean at this point. Washington, assuming he stays healthy this summer, will receive a ton of big time offers from better schools. Would be very surprised if he chooses Purdue.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
I’d define a miss as someone who never cracks the rotation, doesn’t provide value for their career, or hurts team chemistry more than the value they provide. Under painter I’d say the misses came mostly before 2014. John Hart, Patrick Bade, Barlow, Travis Carroll, Anthony Johnson, Ronnie Johnson, Basil Smotherman, Grant weatherford, Eden Ewing, Dowuona. That would be my list of misses.

the players I mentioned as early commits since 2014...

Morton had mono and quarantined twice without having covid last season. No player is getting into a rhythm with a season like that and shouldn’t be judged off it. With 4 years left he’s basically getting a redo of his freshman season this year.

Mathias was very good as an upperclassman but also started 17 games as a freshman. He had so so numbers that season but shot nearly 40% from 3 and had a 4/1 assist to turnover ratio as a sophomore.

Cline was just behind other guards like Mathias before his senior season. The minutes weren’t there but he always was around 40% from deep and finished his career with a 3/1 assist to turnover ratio.

Ivey is a stud. Doesn’t need detail.

furst hasn’t played but probably safe to assume he will not be a bust.

Isaiah Thompson is probably the player closest of the group to being considered a miss. He’ll likely always be a reserve but I don’t know if I’d call 37% from 3 and a 2/1 assist to turnover ratio in his underclassmen years a flop.

CJ Walker is the other player I mentioned and he had a respectable career for FSU/OSU.

They're recruiting him yes, to the extent I don't know (new coaching staff in place with a ton of other new offers out) but never implied that IU was the leader and in fact, as I previously stated, made no mention of IU in relation to Washington. Simply stating he's not a heavy Purdue lean at this point. Washington, assuming he stays healthy this summer, will receive a ton of big time offers from better schools. Would be very surprised if he chooses Purdue.
You said the same thing about Kaufman and believe the fallacy that just because one is getting offers from big time schools, that’s where they’ll head. COVID has changed the recruiting landscape a bit. Proximity to home, continuity & familiarity in coaching staffs matter. That’s what Washington stated in his interview. The kid isn’t going to Durham or Chapel Hill. He will stay in Indiana or within a 2 hour drive of Gary.

Reactions: B_Town_Buford
You said the same thing about Kaufman and believe the fallacy that just because one is getting offers from big time schools, that’s where they’ll head. COVID has changed the recruiting landscape a bit. Proximity to home, continuity & familiarity in coaching staffs matter. That’s what Washington stated in his interview. The kid isn’t going to Durham or Chapel Hill. He will stay in Indiana or within a 2 hour drive of Gary.
If he doesn't commit to Purdue will you promise to stop posting your drivel on this site? Or at least pay rent?

He took Waddell as late as could be.
This is true and has nothing to do with my comments about early commits. Waddell is a legacy recruit that improved a lot his senior season but he got his scholarship with the condition that he’d redshirt due to a spot opening up late from a transfer. It’s the same way Sasha and PJ Thompson got theirs and they both turned out well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT