ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Clowney Cuts List to Four

"Last weekend in August"... too early for that intoxicating Autumn exhalation but just right for late Summer radiance. Or rain.

Sure can't hurt that Campus is as beautiful as it is...

Last edited:
I also imagine a player or two will not be happy with their playing time by the end of the year and may enter the transfer portal. With X, Kopp, and Durr transferring in all with experience, playing time could be tight for Lander, Leal, and Galloway. I think if lander is patient he will eventually get his chance next year but unless there are injuries I just don't see him getting much time this year. Leal and Galloway are in similar situations although Galloway seems to finds ways of getting on the court with his basketball IQ. Everyone one of these kids came here to start and were the star of their HS team and patience hard to find now. The transfer portal changes everything going forward. Long story short, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: mk23
We're the first official visit.

Alabama is the last.

Ugh. I would prefer the other way around.
At least we're not in the middle. We just need to set the bar high and make them compare every other stop to Indiana.

We're the first official visit.

Alabama is the last.

Ugh. I would prefer the other way around.
Nope. First-mover advantage and less chance of appearing desperate to overwrite past (first) impressions. Or so I'll tell myself... 🍎

Davis, Phin, Thompson, could be Bates(if he’s as good as some think)or any with junior eligibility.
Wouldn’t be surprised if as many as six or more leave. Guys will inevitably look for more PT or a change of scenery. Transferring out (and in) is a way of life now in big-time college sports.

Wouldn’t be surprised if as many as six or more leave. Guys will inevitably look for more PT or a change of scenery. Transferring out (and in) is a way of life now in big-time college sports.
yep, wild west transfer portal. Expect many teams to see 3-4 head count turnover every season. Without the threat of sitting out a yr, it's a whole new world. The days of Creaning are over.

Reactions: mk23 and MG80
Since I was in Tuscaloosa last week I can say with certainty that Alabama shows extremely well. I graduated from IU and love B-town but I will say T-town has all the trappings of a great college town. Bama athletes are treated very well in all sports. Niece was gymnast and SEC champion. She was treated like a goddess by the school. Just saying. Go Hoosiers!

Since I was in Tuscaloosa last week I can say with certainty that Alabama shows extremely well. I graduated from IU and love B-town but I will say T-town has all the trappings of a great college town. Bama athletes are treated very well in all sports. Niece was gymnast and SEC champion. She was treated like a goddess by the school. Just saying. Go Hoosiers!
UAT is a nice campus. Btown is nicer IMO and has better BB facilities, following, history, exposure and Coaching.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Nate Oats is a good coach and Tusk/Bhgm is a nice place, but I see Clowney mention CMW's NBA connection. I think we are going to see if that is really an ace-in-the-hole during recruitment battles, and we will see very soon. I like our chances with him and Scifino and those two plus the other 2 guys would make a top 20, maybe top 10-15 class.

Exposure is important to kids who aspire to play professionally. IU bball, with all our recent struggles, is still on national TV much more that AL bball. Tusk is still a football town and always will be.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

"Last weekend in August"... too early for that intoxicating Autumn exhalation but just right for late Summer radiance. Or rain.

Sure can't hurt that Campus is as beautiful as it is...
And bathing suits and halter tops is never a bad time to visit…

Reactions: T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT