ADVERTISEMENT

No news is good news?

I know it’s not too late to transfer but I think if he had made his mind up to,he would have done so by now.
Some of those doing so have already chosen a new school.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
We should know something by Spring Practice with PR. If he participates then he most likely will plan on staying at IU. I doubt he would go through the effort and then transfer out during the summer. He seems too honest and loyal to drag IU and the staff on. However, us fans cannot fault him for moving on if he wishes. I truly appreciate what he has done for IU Football.
Signed Peyton Ramsey's Mother...... just kidding LOL( I know it might sound like I'm his relative in my post but im not and I do wish him the best.)

If I were Coach Allen I would offer Peyton a virtual graduate assistant position coaching QBs this year. Any week he is not the starter, in addition to getting ready as back up you get to act as GA/QBs. What a great learning experience and a great jump on his coaching career. Maybe he could even hang getting that position full time out there for him next year if he does well.

Reactions: vesuvius13
We should know something by Spring Practice with PR. If he participates then he most likely will plan on staying at IU. I doubt he would go through the effort and then transfer out during the summer. He seems too honest and loyal to drag IU and the staff on. However, us fans cannot fault him for moving on if he wishes. I truly appreciate what he has done for IU Football.
If I were Coach Allen I would offer Peyton a virtual graduate assistant position coaching QBs this year. Any week he is not the starter, in addition to getting ready as back up you get to act as GA/QBs. What a great learning experience and a great jump on his coaching career. Maybe he could even hang getting that position full time out there for him next year if he does well.
Ramsey is already an IU Football legend, no matter how next season plays out. I have no doubt he'll be afforded every opportunity to begin a career in the coaching ranks here if that's what he wants to do. That said, he might be better off taking his teaching degree and learning the ropes under his dad.

We should know something by Spring Practice with PR. If he participates then he most likely will plan on staying at IU. I doubt he would go through the effort and then transfer out during the summer. He seems too honest and loyal to drag IU and the staff on.
I'm not sure I agree, and I really don't think "honesty and loyalty" have anything to do with it. IU's QB situation appears to be fluid. While we're all waiting to see how well Penix bounces back from a significant injury, perhaps Ramsey is more than a little curious as well. Also, perhaps he's still unsure about his future beyond the 2020 season and needs additional time to sort things out. Most here seem to assume he'll follow a coaching track but, considering the outstanding season he just concluded, he might be thinking the Sunday league could be in the cards. I certainly wouldn't sell the kid short as a potential backup or practice squad guy, and the possibility of a pro career may be factoring into the decision-making process. In sum, there's a lot for him to consider and he could benefit from extending the timeline before making a decision.

Reactions: DANC and red hornet
I'm not sure I agree, and I really don't think "honesty and loyalty" have anything to do with it. IU's QB situation appears to be fluid. While we're all waiting to see how well Penix bounces back from a significant injury, perhaps Ramsey is more than a little curious as well. Also, perhaps he's still unsure about his future beyond the 2020 season and needs additional time to sort things out. Most here seem to assume he'll follow a coaching track but, considering the outstanding season he just concluded, he might be thinking the Sunday league could be in the cards. I certainly wouldn't sell the kid short as a potential backup or practice squad guy, and the possibility of a pro career may be factoring into the decision-making process. In sum, there's a lot for him to consider and he could benefit from extending the timeline before making a decision.

Love Ramsey, gritty, smart, tough competitor. I seriously don't think he's a candidate for Sunday's in NFL. But I still suggest he is going to stay at IU because he loves the school, is loyal, and likely will play regardless of how Penix comes back healthy or not to start the season.

Love Ramsey, gritty, smart, tough competitor. I seriously don't think he's a candidate for Sunday's in NFL. But I still suggest he is going to stay at IU because he loves the school, is loyal, and likely will play regardless of how Penix comes back healthy or not to start the season.
100% agree.

Ramsey is already an IU Football legend, no matter how next season plays out. I have no doubt he'll be afforded every opportunity to begin a career in the coaching ranks here if that's what he wants to do. That said, he might be better off taking his teaching degree and learning the ropes under his dad.
If he is smart he will take a GA position and stay in the college ranks as long as possible f

Peyton is a rare breed these days. He has embraced LEO. He is standing by his integrity and values. He should be the speaker at the BIG luncheon this year.

Here's Pro Football Focus's final college QB rankings for 2019. Scroll down to the #12 spot and see what they have to say about Ramsey.

You may not think he's a candidate for Sundays in the NFL but I'd bet my last dollar that PR and his dad do.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-rankings-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019
But, but, but....... everyone knows he can't throw downfield - he has a weak arm!

"Ramsey was dominant throwing down the field, ranking 11th in the country in grade on throws targeted at least 120 yards downfield. He completed 56-of-106 passes on such throws for 1,282 yards and seven touchdowns with 14 big-time throws compared to just one interception and just two turnover-worthy passes."

But, but, but....... everyone knows he can't throw downfield - he has a weak arm!

"Ramsey was dominant throwing down the field, ranking 11th in the country in grade on throws targeted at least 120 yards downfield. He completed 56-of-106 passes on such throws for 1,282 yards and seven touchdowns with 14 big-time throws compared to just one interception and just two turnover-worthy passes."

"on throws targeted at least 120 yards downfield" DAMN, now that is a STRONG arm!! LOL

Here's Pro Football Focus's final college QB rankings for 2019. Scroll down to the #12 spot and see what they have to say about Ramsey.

You may not think he's a candidate for Sundays in the NFL but I'd bet my last dollar that PR and his dad do.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-rankings-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

I'd love it if he made it and good for him if he did. I don't personally see it, but that doesn't mean he isn't a great player, a great kid and a great Hoosier!

I just hope he sticks around this last year because there's no way Penix stays healthy. He's proven that he absolutely can not take shots at all. Rhea and Ballou need to earn their paychecks with Penix by beefing him up ASAP!

I'm a huge MP supporter and am in awe of his arm talents. If you can not stay on the field, what good is that talent? Very legitimate question and I think Tom Allen has his hands full making the decision on who to start. Ramsey is a winner and his durability is off the damn charts.

I just hope he sticks around this last year because there's no way Penix stays healthy. He's proven that he absolutely can not take shots at all. Rhea and Ballou need to earn their paychecks with Penix by beefing him up ASAP!

I'm a huge MP supporter and am in awe of his arm talents. If you can not stay on the field, what good is that talent? Very legitimate question and I think Tom Allen has his hands full making the decision on who to start. Ramsey is a winner and his durability is off the damn charts.
I agree 100%,if I were the head coach I would have a hard time not going with PR as the starter next year.
He has taken hits that i thought there was no way in hell he would get up from.
Just the way he handled the situation last year tells me all I need to know about him.
He has represented the school admirably on and off the field,he obviously loves the school,his coaches and his teammates.
I’m sure MP is no different but damn,every time the kids takes a hit you cringe wondering if he’s gonna get up.
There should be some games next year where the back up could hopefully get significant playing time to keep both around.
But you have to wonder what Tuttle will do if PR does not transfer.
We seem to have 3 quality QB’s that could play and contribute at most Big 10 schools,which is really quite remarkable in my opinion.

I agree 100%,if I were the head coach I would have a hard time not going with PR as the starter next year.
Just the way he handled the situation last year tells me all I need to know about him.
He has represented the school admirably on and off the field,he obviously loves the school,his coaches and his teammates.
I’m sure MP is no different but damn,every time the kids takes a hit you cringe wondering if he’s gonna get up.
There should be some games next year where the back up could hopefully get significant playing time to keep both around.
We seem to have 3 quality QB’s that could play and contribute at most Big 10 schools,which is really quite remarkable in my opinion.
The hits that Ramsey took against Nebraska and Purdue are what I'm talking about. Penix was wiped out on much, much smaller shots against Northwestern.

Compare the hits and you have to wonder what in the hell truly happened. Ramsey took MONSTER hits, I don't get it.

Michael Penix is the best pure passer Indiana has had since I started watching in the early '90's. I hope Peyton stays. Tuttle will never start a game at Indiana, IMO.

Reactions: BayernFan
After what I witnessed this season, I'm a Ramsey convert. I never imagined he was capable of that level of play. Kudos to the kid for his hard work, and to Kalen DeBoer who I'm sure played a key role in his development.

Bill Parcels used to say the best "ability" a player can have is "availability". Peyton has proven that he is not only available but ready. He was great this last year.

I am also a big MP fan and feel he gives is the best chance to win when healthy.

TomT

Last edited:
Back in the days of threadview, I wouldn’t have to open a spam post because a visible title would warn me, and some mod could delete it.

IT is the only industry where they try to make products worse and less helpful and harder to use.
I was in IT. I can assure you the programmers don't try to make things worse. But 'designers' don't pay enough attention to the user experience, and, instead, try for the cute solution, or just get the product out there to meet a deadline.

I miss the thread view.

Thanks for posting. Great post.
I'm guessing PR has many qualities the NFL might want including leadership, integrity, and grit. He's a coaches son and he gets better each year. I'd bet some NFL guys will want him on the team. I too am confident you are right about dad and the kid. They both see Sunday. I would.
Go Hoosiers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT