ADVERTISEMENT

No new hints on new S&C coach

IUCX9

Junior
Nov 30, 2018
Per MW.

Which is surprising since he was sure there was already a plan in place for a replacement in case they did leave.

Anyway, it seems the 3 remaining S&C coaches will continue Ballou and Rhea's work, for now, until a new coach is named. It does not sound like that will happen before spring ball though.

Speculate away!

If they are opening up a search I GUARANTEE they have people interested in the job. This is an opportunity for new blood, new ideas, new energy. I didn't want those two to go, but they maybe had aspirations of leaving soon as an "Alabame type job" opportunity arose. I'd like to see them get someone who would like to make their own mark and be all in for being at IU! I believe it can happen.

There is no doubt that Coach Allen and Coach Ballou and Dr. Rhea have turned this into a very appealing job. The weight is one of the largest in the country. They were never turned down for equipment or technology. And the the salary is highly competitive. We should have interest from high level people.

Last edited:
Per MW.

Which is surprising since he was sure there was already a plan in place for a replacement in case they did leave.

Anyway, it seems the 3 remaining S&C coaches will continue Ballou and Rhea's work, for now, until a new coach is named. It does not sound like that will happen before spring ball though.

Speculate away!
While Matt is fully capable of defending himself, it's been my experience that just because someone doesn't say something doesn't mean there isn't a plan and it's just being kept quite. That's the case many times. To insinuate that CTA doesn't have a plan and there's mass chaos with IU football would be a vast misstatement. Just like with the DL hire, IU didn't officially come out and name Peoples, but he'd been working on the job, for IU for almost two full weeks. I expect the same things to occur with this hire. Informing the public isn't a priority at this point. IU strength and conditioning is in very capable hands right now, and it will continue to be moving forward.

While Matt is fully capable of defending himself, it's been my experience that just because someone doesn't say something doesn't mean there isn't a plan and it's just being kept quite. That's the case many times. To insinuate that CTA doesn't have a plan and there's mass chaos with IU football would be a vast misstatement. Just like with the DL hire, IU didn't officially come out and name Peoples, but he'd been working on the job, for IU for almost two full weeks. I expect the same things to occur with this hire. Informing the public isn't a priority at this point. IU strength and conditioning is in very capable hands right now, and it will continue to be moving forward.
I'm just reportingtthat he literally said "no" when asked if there were any hints to any movement regarding the S&C coach.

Just sharing Is all.

Reactions: red hornet
I'm just reportingtthat he literally said "no" when asked if there were any hints to any movement regarding the S&C coach.

Just sharing Is all.
Just a heads up. What he posts is premium content, even if it's just his opinion. Putting that on this board is a huge no no for both sites. It's not something I'd do because it'll get you banned on both places if admins find out.

Then it would appear a new S/C head May be coming in with a new team? Evolution/ circle of life. If it’s someone talented, let them come in and do their thing. Hate losing the staff but there are others who know how to do this too. It’s not Ballou or JV guy from HS. This is a job to replace team just hired at Alabama! People likely lining up for this and Allen wants to get it right. Have some patience!

Per MW.

Speculate away!
Aaron Wellman is the new man, should make everyone happy.

Per MW.

Speculate away!

Aaron Wellman. That didn’t take long

ADVERTISEMENT