ADVERTISEMENT

No more wins. 1 and rest of 2015 season

I'm always surprised by people who throw out complete absolutes on their line of thinking. In your mind there is no possible way for Indiana to win another game even though they have proven this theory wrong many times over the last couple years with an awful defense. There is a middle ground between everything is fine and they won't win another game. From my seat, I'd like to get some more evidence of how the team will perform when they have some of their playmakers back. Now I don't expect this to be a top 40 defense, but I would think that guys like Lathom and Scales can make a couple plays to get off the field to get this defense to the 60s/70s nationally. That might be good enough to get some wins.

If the defensive alignment problems were a chaotic as CKW implied then there should be a dramatic improvement this week. CKW also talked about more direct pressure from the defensive line rather than lateral movement - which should also be an improvement. Getting 8 players back from suspension should be an immediate improvement.

The bottom line is that the Hoosiers were not nearly as prepared as they thought they were for game 1. And by the way, Central Florida lost to UConn last fall and UConn is still reeling since Edsall bolted for Maryland. I think Indiana wins by 10+ this week.

The other way to look at is that the defense can't get any worse.

images

Not time to panic. Lets see how the record looks after our non conference portion of the schedule.

Reactions: codylance
actually now that theres some football to review and not just expectations....looking at who they have left on the sched theres only two definite losses....hell they could win as many as 10. prob more like 6 or 7 but this team should definitely be bowl eligble

I hope this turns into the Jen Bielema thing on Twitter with her Karma line. I expect to see this bumped every Sunday after a win haha. I checked @ufo33 post history and every single IU football post was essentially the exact same thing. Never a constructive comment, but things that were just absolutes (I.e. No D, no more wins or Need Home Run Hire and better recruiting than IU has every seen). Everyone on here knows the history of the program but no one here can change those facts so bringing them up never really is going to change anything.

Reactions: tpaige
ufo33 won't deny that he doesn't follow the sport of football much. He has an insatiable appetite for IU basketball,though, and that's pretty much all he posts about. He drinks the kook aid as much as any of them. He's got a blowup doll of Thon Maker at home.
Can't recall if it was him but I believe he had a post about disbanding the football program so IU could generate its revenue from basketball. He may also be the one opposed to the NEZ project.

Reactions: Kelper
How about the joke, and forgive me fans, but why has Kevin Wilson never been on the internet? Because he's never strung three w's together in his life! Call me blasphemous, but I DO see the humor in that......I guess Purdue fits the bill pretty well too.

Reactions: codylance
Yes I do think IU will beat Purdue. It will be the "battle for the bottom" of the B1G and then the staffs from both schools will get fired, regardless of who comes out on top.

How about the joke, and forgive me fans, but why has Kevin Wilson never been on the internet? Because he's never strung three w's together in his life! Call me blasphemous, but I DO see the humor in that......I guess Purdue fits the bill pretty well too.

Stick to your day job.
Comedy and football analysis are not your forte.

Stick to your day job.
Comedy and football analysis are not your forte.
Must have hit a nerve........I'll betcha I'm right. IU will beat Purdue and both staffs will be fired.....supporting Kevin Wilson might seem like a good idea, but so did the inaugural trip on the Titanic, and we all know how that worked out. I know people at Oklahoma, and let's just say their weren't any tears when he left there.

Must have hit a nerve........I'll betcha I'm right. IU will beat Purdue and both staffs will be fired.....supporting Kevin Wilson might seem like a good idea, but so did the inaugural trip on the Titanic, and we all know how that worked out. I know people at Oklahoma, and let's just say their weren't any tears when he left there.

You "know" people at Oklahoma?
Coaching staff? Or, blabbering fans like all of us on this message board?

Reactions: Kelper and tpaige

Purdue's staff won't get fired after this year.

Reactions: TeeJay88
Purdue's staff won't get fired after this year.

Not saying it WILL happen, but did you see what BGSU did to Maryland? I don't think PU will be favored in a single game from here on out... If they end with 1 win, Hazell is going to have a tough time hanging on.

Well, keep hoping! Go Hoosiers!

Not saying it WILL happen, but did you see what BGSU did to Maryland? I don't think PU will be favored in a single game from here on out... If they end with 1 win, Hazell is going to have a tough time hanging on.
From past experiences he'll get another year. Burke isn't paying a buyout and paying another coach.

I don't think it's stupid at all. When someone only posts negative thoughts they have an agenda. Maybe you are not an IU fan, or maybe you want Wilson fired. Either way it's quite logical.
I have no agenda, nor do I post only negative thoughts. Unlike you, I actually posted my views pre-game, and they were pretty much right on the mark. Since you can't or don't want to talk football and can't support your position with logic, then this probably isn't the place for you.

Ufo also said that this year's basketball team is "Final Four worthy" so either he's moved too close to a meth lab or his wife has been holding the pillow too long over his face at night.

LOL. OK my recollection is a bit different and is backed up in writing. I did post my thoughts and they were spot on. If you refuse to leave your fantasy world, I can't help you.

LOL. OK my recollection is a bit different and is backed up in writing. I did post my thoughts and they were spot on. If you refuse to leave your fantasy world, I can't help you.
Uh, no, they weren't spot on. I said IU would need to be very efficient on offense and score in the 40's or 50's to win, because WKU would move the ball at will on them. They were one yard and / or two un-attempted field goals from me being right on the mark, and I outlined pretty clearly what would take place. I also said I hoped I was wrong about IU's shortcomings, which really trashes your idiotic assertion that I was cheering for them to lose. If the discussion was beyond your football intellect, I apologize. You offered no such insight, and your enthusiastic support of Wilson's boneheaded field goal decisions doesn't help your cause. Sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT