ADVERTISEMENT

No immigrants from "sh1thole countries"

I thought Grahams comments were rather hypocritical given that he referred to many of these same countries as "Hell Holes" at a hearing in the past. I guess he considers Hell Holes less offensive than shitholes.

The problem, Cajun, is that people are focused on the President calling countries shitholes rather than focusing on his statement that immigration from Norway is across-the-board better than immigration from Haiti and Africa.

Reactions: RBB89
My guess it depends on the context. Referring to a place is one thing. Referring to the people that come from the place, which obviously is what Trump was doing, is something totally different.
Or...it some peoples minds it simply depends on what one wants to think. Graham in your mind or anyone else for that matter saying it but Trump was obviously referring to the "place" but Trump was referring to the "people". It's all in the eye of the beholder.

I thought Grahams comments were rather hypocritical given that he referred to many of these same countries as "Hell Holes" at a hearing in the past. I guess he considers Hell Holes less offensive than shitholes.
OK, both Graham and Trump are offensive to say mildly.
Are you happy now?

OK, both Graham and Trump are offensive to say mildly.
Are you happy now?
Sure...why not...sigh. I do think both offensive and poor choice of words for our elected officials. For what it is worth I think Trump said shit hole. Are you happy now? I have told you this before, I have about the same opinion of Trump as do you. Yet any sign of neutrality or a positive in a post about him and sarcasm just seeps from your mind. You just can't help yourself.

Is it intolerance or is it true-blooded conservatism, that is, the kind that doesn't want change? Old White Males don't want to lose the power they've got. Isn't that the long and short of it? Isn't that why under-educated white males voted for Trump, because they think they're losing their power to Them? In short, it's pure chickenshit. Cowardly gutlessness in the face of the future. Old White Males are resting on the laurels of their forefathers who fought like crazy to get whatever they had and earned and deserved every bit of it. Now these spineless shadows of their own fathers are afraid of hard-working brownies from other countries. And Trump says Make America Great Again. It's all such a cynical crock of shit.

really dude, get a grip.

did some old white guy steal your girlfriend?

lots of old white guys are very liberal.

both parties serve one constituency, the owner/investor class, and do so at the expense of the worker class.

when money controls the parties, it's impossible for it to not be that way.

forget that "tinkle down" BS propaganda, the investor class and the working class by nature have mutually exclusive short term economic interests. DUH!

the parties differ on the social issues to keep the working class majority on both sides fighting each other so intensely on social issues, that they fail to notice that neither party has their back on economic issues even in the slightest.

if a candidate is the favored candidate of either party's funders, thus of the party itself's, then that candidate is not pro working class.

if they were pro working class, they wouldn't be a favored candidate of either party.

Trump realized the working class wanted someone who'd back them, not Wall St and the investor class, so that's who he aimed his message at.

too bad that he's a pathological liar on top of being a vile human being that doesn't give a sht about the working class, but then neither does Hilary or Bill.

if you care about the govt not backing the rich over the working class all the time, then run as fast as you can from whomever either party backs most.

best case scenario would be both party's voters advancing pro working class candidates over their party's executive's pro moneyed interests "slated" choices.

then both party's voters could vote social issues in the general without selling out the working class.

I haven't had time to read all of the comments, but I have read a number of them.

Whether Haiti is not the best to live is not the issue. We have some of the greatest authors born in poverty and unhealthy conditions. There are a number of Hatians that have made contributions. It's not hard to find a list.

How many local success stories do we read where immigrants in your area. I see these all the time. Think about the many immigrants that developed new ideas and technologies. Hunger, whether real or metaphor, is a driver.

According to the SBA, immigrants are 10% more likely to start a new business. What happened to supporting small businesses.

i think that was Trump's way of saying immigration by visa lottery makes no logical sense. It isn't focused on areas where we have labor shortages and there is no reason to allow lottery winners easier access than family members or others who have good reasons to immigrate. Trump likely mentioned Norway as a juxtaposition to shithole because he had just met with the Norwegian delegation. If he had met with the Danes, he probably would have mentioned Denmark.

anyplace in the US where there are "labor shortages" of US workers, is where the labor market has been deliberately manipulated.

pathetic how hypocritical conservatives preach "the market" until the point where "the market" indicates wages are way too low. at which point conservatives instantly want to manipulate the market to keep wages way too low.

Gotta agree with Zeke here. If you've seen my posts here and on FB then you know that while I think Trump has a limited capacity for self expression, what I take offense to is not so much his language as it is that he used it whilst bemoaning the fact that we offer a lift up to these people at all.

That was pretty much what I said to VPM as well.

Reactions: iu_a_att
Gotta agree with Zeke here. If you've seen my posts here and on FB then you know that while I think Trump has a limited capacity for self expression, what I take offense to is not so much his language as it is that he used it whilst bemoaning the fact that we offer a lift up to these people at all.

That was pretty much what I said to VPM as well.
I wasn't disagreeing with you at all Doug. What I simply referenced was Graham's obvious hypocrisy.

really dude, get a grip.

did some old white guy steal your girlfriend?

lots of old white guys are very liberal.

both parties serve one constituency, the owner/investor class, and do so at the expense of the worker class.

when money controls the parties, it's impossible for it to not be that way.

forget that "tinkle down" BS propaganda, the investor class and the working class by nature have mutually exclusive short term economic interests. DUH!

the parties differ on the social issues to keep the working class majority on both sides fighting each other so intensely on social issues, that they fail to notice that neither party has their back on economic issues even in the slightest.

if a candidate is the favored candidate of either party's funders, thus of the party itself's, then that candidate is not pro working class.

if they were pro working class, they wouldn't be a favored candidate of either party.

Trump realized the working class wanted someone who'd back them, not Wall St and the investor class, so that's who he aimed his message at.

too bad that he's a pathological liar on top of being a vile human being that doesn't give a sht about the working class, but then neither does Hilary or Bill.

if you care about the govt not backing the rich over the working class all the time, then run as fast as you can from whomever either party backs most.

best case scenario would be both party's voters advancing pro working class candidates over their party's executive's pro moneyed interests "slated" choices.

then both party's voters could vote social issues in the general without selling out the working class.
It’s a shame you spent so much time typing that much to be read by so few (or none).

Reactions: twenty02 and MrBing
From a councilman in Franklin County: We bring people from shithole countries because shithole Democrats need shithole votes so they can turn America into a shithole.
This is what Trumpworld has done to our public discourse. And you can believe that indeed does trickle down all the way to the little ones. Guarantee you teachers will be dealing with kids calling each other shitholes this week. At least one trickle down theory actually works.

From a councilman in Franklin County: We bring people from shithole countries because shithole Democrats need shithole votes so they can turn America into a shithole.
This is what Trumpworld has done to our public discourse. And you can believe that indeed does trickle down all the way to the little ones. Guarantee you teachers will be dealing with kids calling each other shitholes this week. At least one trickle down theory actually works.

So? A previous POTUS brought blow job out of the closet. We are still okay. Except kids are getting and giving head.

So? A previous POTUS brought blow job out of the closet. We are still okay. Except kids are getting and giving head.
Ha. More what about ism from you. Didn't you used to be better than this?

Very interesting article! So, chicken gene lives in Trump family! Who would’ve known?

tenor.gif

all sock puppets could do a lot better

that said, i feel Co might have more conflict between his own politics and his marching orders than most sock puppets here.

he more than the other board sock puppets, seems to come off as 2 different people sometimes.

Last edited:

What is wrong with a whataboutism?

I’ve always been a big picture guy and context is important. But I understand those who inhabit the world of 280 character limits wouldn’t understand context.

Several officials that attended yesterday’s meeting in the Oval Office now say Trump did not say Shithole and went on to basically call Durban a liar, saying he has a history of misstating meetings in the White House for political reasons. It took 24 hours for the Republicans to get together on this response after earlier comments from the same individuals were more to the “I didn’t hear the President say that”. It’s obvious these people, including two Republican Senators, are lying. They don’t care. It’s more important to them that they do whatever they can to prevent passage of a bipartisan bill on DACA. Think about that. The far right of the Republican Party doesn’t care if the majority of the country sees them as liars. They only care that about their supporters, both those that write checks and those that vote in their state. We could very well see a shutdown of the country this month. And there will be one party responsible.

The New GOP

tenor.gif

Reactions: sglowrider
The word “shithole” used in connection with immigration is Trump’s way if kick starting a discussion about going to a pure merit-based immigration system and ending lotteries and other means to bring in people who have little or no skills—people from the shitholes. That is a discussion worth having albeit at a more sophisticated level.

This tactic ignited voters who have never voted and took Trump to the White House. This is deliberate and probably equal parts of strategy and crassness.

I don’t agree with it, and it doesn’t work for me. It is horribly divisive. I’m well educated and I pay attention to politics and policy. I’m in the minority. Trump doesn’t talk to me or anybody else who posts here.

LMAO

What is the purpose of bringing in people from shithole countries if it is NOT to advance the interests of the corrupt Democratic Party?

If you had a choice of living next to immigrants on both sides of your home, and the immigrants were to be randomly chosen from the general populations of England, Norway, Haiti, and Somalia, would you choose to live next to the Haitians and the Somalians? If you say yes, you're a liar. If that's not what you would choose for yourself, why would you choose it for the country?

Culture matters. Language matters. Literacy matters. Trump is vulgar, but he is right on the issue. It's a common theme.

50 years of immigration policy driven by the stinking Leftist agenda is more than enough.

Reactions: Lucy01
What is the purpose of bringing in people from shithole countries if it is NOT to advance the interests of the corrupt Democratic Party?

If you had a choice of living next to immigrants on both sides of your home, and the immigrants were to be randomly chosen from the general populations of England, Norway, Haiti, and Somalia, would you choose to live next to the Haitians and the Somalians? If you say yes, you're a liar. If that's not what you would choose for yourself, why would you choose it for the country?

Culture matters. Language matters. Literacy matters. Trump is vulgar, but he is right on the issue. It's a common theme.

50 years of immigration policy driven by the stinking Leftist agenda is more than enough.
Oh boy. Welcome to the board....lol.

So much for the merit-based immigration bs that some of my cooler brethren have been suggesting that the Trump administration and its supporters are after.

If all you can tell me is that the immigrants moving next door to me come from England, Norway, Haiti, and Somalia, I couldn't tell you who I would choose. I know assholes from England, Norway, and Haiti (the only Somalians I know are way cool) and I know super cool people from all four. If you can't tell me which one I'm getting, then I can't tell you who I'd choose and hoos ain't no liar. If you make a choice based on country, you're a dumbass who doesn't get out much. Trump is similarly positioned and that's what makes him an insipid wingnut on the issue.

England comes in last in your list and it isn't even close!

Why should I have a problem living next to Haitians or Somalians?

England comes in last in your list and it isn't even close!

Why should I have a problem living next to Haitians or Somalians?
Because it would lower your home value ;)

Last edited:
So much for the merit-based immigration bs that some of my cooler brethren have been suggesting that the Trump administration and its supporters are after.

If all you can tell me is that the immigrants moving next door to me come from England, Norway, Haiti, and Somalia, I couldn't tell you who I would choose. I know assholes from England, Norway, and Haiti (the only Somalians I know are way cool) and I know super cool people from all four. If you can't tell me which one I'm getting, then I can't tell you who I'd choose and hoos ain't no liar. If you make a choice based on country, you're a dumbass who doesn't get out much. Trump is similarly positioned and that's what makes him an insipid wingnut on the issue.

You missed the point moron.

A true merit-based immigration plan would not discriminate against people from England and Norway in favor of people from shithole countries. That discrimination has come about entirely to satisfy political and SJW agendas, thanks to a lying drunk named Ted Kennedy.

Immigration policy should be based on what the immigrant can bring to the country, not what the country can do for the immigrant or the stinking corrupt Democratic Party.

Reactions: Lucy01
You missed the point moron.

A true merit-based immigration plan would not discriminate against people from England and Norway in favor of people from shithole countries. That discrimination has come about entirely to satisfy political and SJW agendas, thanks to a lying drunk named Ted Kennedy.

Immigration policy should be based on what the immigrant can bring to the country, not what the country can do for the immigrant or the stinking corrupt Democratic Party.

Did someone post a link to the Cooler on Der Sturmer? Oh Joy...:eek:

Reactions: twenty02

No one wanted to live next to the Germans, or Irish, or Italians in the 1800s. They were the Haitians of their day. Things were so bad for the Irish that the draft riots in NYC were caused by Irish being convinced they were lower on the totem pole than the newly freed slaves would be. But here's the thing, we still let the Germans, Irish, and Italians into the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT