ADVERTISEMENT

No immigrants from "sh1thole countries"

No one wanted to live next to the Germans, or Irish, or Italians in the 1800s. They were the Haitians of their day. Things were so bad for the Irish that the draft riots in NYC were caused by Irish being convinced they were lower on the totem pole than the newly freed slaves would be. But here's the thing, we still let the Germans, Irish, and Italians into the country.

Immigration prior to the 1920s was driven by economics. The country had plenty of extra space and also a need for low-skilled but willing industrial labor. Immigrants before the mid-1920s were essentially grist for the mill. There was no social safety net.

Today we have a surplus of low and no-skilled labor, and a significant safety net. A sane immigration policy under these circumstances would be to admit only people who could be expected to be self-supporting within a reasonable period of time. And not their entire flipping extended family. By what right do you expect productive people to support chains of dependent families?

Immigration as you describe it came to a grinding halt in the mid-1920s. For 40 years there was little or no net immigration. The goal for 40 years was assimilation. You know, the old melting pot.

In the mid-1960s the devious lying drunk Ted Kennedy hoodwinked the clueless GOP and the goal became to flip states to the Democrat column under the guise of cultural diversity. As a result, for the last 50 years the top 10 countries of origin have been all from Asia or 3rd world countries. Trump, with all his faults, which are many, understands the Demos' game and is the first GOP president with enough balls to challenge them. For this reason, the hard Left is relentlessly seeking his destruction.

Immigration prior to the 1920s was driven by economics. The country had plenty of extra space and also a need for low-skilled but willing industrial labor. Immigrants before the mid-1920s were essentially grist for the mill. There was no social safety net.

Today we have a surplus of low and no-skilled labor, and a significant safety net. A sane immigration policy under these circumstances would be to admit only people who could be expected to be self-supporting within a reasonable period of time. And not their entire flipping extended family. By what right do you expect productive people to support chains of dependent families?

Immigration as you describe it came to a grinding halt in the mid-1920s. For 40 years there was little or no net immigration. The goal for 40 years was assimilation. You know, the old melting pot.

In the mid-1960s the devious lying drunk Ted Kennedy hoodwinked the clueless GOP and the goal became to flip states to the Democrat column under the guise of cultural diversity. As a result, for the last 50 years the top 10 countries of origin have been all from Asia or 3rd world countries. Trump, with all his faults, which are many, understands the Demos' game and is the first GOP president with enough balls to challenge them. For this reason, the hard Left is relentlessly seeking his destruction.
I think your post was the most truthful and reasonable post that’s been on the Cooler in along time!

There's some tin foil hat stuff in there. :eek:

Reactions: Zizkov
I’d love to have a count of every GOP President or Candidate that has been called a racist.... like many words today, when over used and thrown about haphazardly they lose there meaning and impact. It has become part of the noise now in the background....

Reactions: Lucy01

Shorter mushroom: "We need more white immigrants."

Reactions: sglowrider
I’d love to have a count of every GOP President or Candidate that has been called a racist.... like many words today, when over used and thrown about haphazardly they lose there meaning and impact. It has become part of the noise now in the background....

It's been effective, that's why it's done. The Democrats want to win elections. The MSM wants to call the shots. The cultural marxists want to destroy western civilization. Trump's vulgarity and willingness to take on the PC culture has been essential to the survival of free speech and free thought. Freedom of speech is hell of a lot more fragile than people think. Consider the Canadian and Europeon hate speech codes. We are the 1st amendment away from that BS here. And the 1st amendment is only as strong as an educated citizenry.

Shorter mushroom: "We need more white immigrants."

And Indians and Chinese and Jews, all of whom have been more successful than Whites in this country.

What I don't want is for our kids to have to have to debate the pros and cons of the prosecution of female genital mutilation and rape grooming, as they presently do in the UK. Culture matters.

You missed the point moron.

A true merit-based immigration plan would not discriminate against people from England and Norway in favor of people from shithole countries. That discrimination has come about entirely to satisfy political and SJW agendas, thanks to a lying drunk named Ted Kennedy.

Immigration policy should be based on what the immigrant can bring to the country, not what the country can do for the immigrant or the stinking corrupt Democratic Party.

Welcome to the Cooler, mushroomgod! It's disappointing to find yet another wingnut who talks out of both sides of their mouth, but I guess it's good that we get to shine light on the inanity you spout. You claim to want immigration policy,

"based on what the immigrant can bring to the country"

but offered a hypothetical immigration decsion where we knew nothing about what the immigrant could bring to the country except that,

"the immigrants were to be randomly chosen from the general populations of England, Norway, Haiti, and Somalia".

Once you offered that no one should choose people from Haiti or Somalia, other posters are necessarily left with only one conclusion - you think people from England and Norway necessarily bring value to the country while people from Haiti and Somalia don't. That's not only insipid...it's un-American. The special education teacher at my daughter's school is Haitian. I often work with a Somalian sound crew who are exceptional at what they do. Your policy would deprive our nation of their excellence. You don't want merit-based immigration. What you want is ugly.

The rest of your tinfoil hat silliness is the kind of stupid hatred that makes me feel badly for you. I hope you find peace and serenity someday. Good luck to you.

Welcome to the Cooler, mushroomgod! It's disappointing to find yet another wingnut who talks out of both sides of their mouth, but I guess it's good that we get to shine light on the inanity you spout. You claim to want immigration policy,

but offered a hypothetical immigration decsion where we knew nothing about what the immigrant could bring to the country except that,

"the immigrants were to be randomly chosen from the general populations of England, Norway, Haiti, and Somalia".

Once you offered that no one should choose people from Haiti or Somalia, other posters are necessarily left with only one conclusion - you think people from England and Norway necessarily bring value to the country while people from Haiti and Somalia don't. That's not only insipid...it's un-American. The special education teacher at my daughter's school is Haitian. I often work with a Somalian sound crew who are exceptional at what they do. Your policy would deprive our nation of their excellence. You don't want merit-based immigration. What you want is ugly.

The rest of your tinfoil hat silliness is the kind of stupid hatred that makes me feel badly for you. I hope you find peace and serenity someday. Good luck to you.
That was rude:confused:

You could try to make a legitimate argument for your policy idea....without the foaming at the mouth partisanship, if you are actually able. Based upon your first few posts, I'm not real confident.

There's some tin foil hat stuff in there. :eek:

Its actually quite depressing. The level of parochialism and ignorance can be quite shocking at the WC.
Its like things have not changed at all from my experiences in the Hoosier State.
Sad.

Last edited:
Its actually quite depreasing. The level of parochialism and ignorance can be quite shocking at the WC.
Its like things have not changed at all from my experiences in the Hoosier State.
Sad.
It never will, as one of my friends says about Indiana, "It is the middle finger from the south".

Are you really this stupid? And intellectually lazy?

My point was that the average Englishmen or Norwegian, having grown up in societies with western traditions and values, would be a better fit than the average Haitian or Somalian.or other Hellhole resident. It was kind of a test, because if you disagree with that point you are either a Leftest nut or a liar. That is not to say that there aren't worthy individuals from Haiti or Somalia.......that's why people need to be viewed as individuals It is you cultural marxists who are preoccupied with race. Why the hell else would people from Haiti or Somalia be prioritized?

Reactions: 76-1

Stop nominating and electing racists if you want people to stop calling them racists.

Stop nominating and electing racists if you want people to stop calling them racists.

Hack, they have nothing and know nothing else but to call their opponents racist. They offer no facts or logic, nor do they respond to facts or logic. They only name call. They are the new fascists

Are you really this stupid? And intellectually lazy?

My point was that the average Englishmen or Norwegian, having grown up in societies with western traditions and values, would be a better fit than the average Haitian or Somalian.or other Hellhole resident. It was kind of a test, because if you disagree with that point you are either a Leftest nut or a liar. That is not to say that there aren't worthy individuals from Haiti or Somalia.......that's why people need to be viewed as individuals It is you cultural marxists who are preoccupied with race. Why the hell else would people from Haiti or Somalia be prioritized?

I know it hurts to have your words quoted back to you, but that's what happens when you pose stupid immigration hypotheticals that in no way involve the abilities of individuals and try to claim that you champion merit-based immigration. Sucks to be you. It's kind of like when a new poster throws out a bunch of insults and then whines like a little snowflake about other people name-calling. Ain't nothing new about your fascism, bro. It's vintage.

Mushroomgod and Hoosier Hack, you two are definitely not racists. Welcome to the cooler. You will find there are a few other definitely not racist posters here, that will make you comfortable.

I know it hurts to have your words quoted back to you, but that's what happens when you pose stupid immigration hypotheticals that in no way involve the abilities of individuals and try to claim that you champion merit-based immigration. Sucks to be you. It's kind of like when a new poster throws out a bunch of insults and then whines like a little snowflake about other people name-calling. Ain't nothing new about your fascism, bro. It's vintage.

Thanks, but it doesn't hurt at all. You haven't answered a single question I posed, and you've distorted what I wrote. If you have any intellectual curiosity or integrity at all, you might want to reread the thread. I don't expect that from you.

Mushroomgod and Hoosier Hack, you two are definitely not racists. Welcome to the cooler. You will find there are a few other definitely not racist posters here, that will make you comfortable.
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but thanks either way.... I understand I’m in Indian Country on here but thought I’d check it out.

Sglowrider be honest.... where you living now? Or should I ask which coast? I lived outside Indiana for many a year. As soon as I had the opportunity I ran back to raise my kids.... best place in my opinion

Thanks, but it doesn't hurt at all. You haven't answered a single question I posed, and you've distorted what I wrote. If you have any intellectual curiosity or integrity at all, you might want to reread the thread. I don't expect that from you.

I get that it sucks to have your posts repeated back to you so that you are confronted with their idiocy. Life is tough, but maybe it will help you develop some self-awareness and allow you to consider the topic of the thread more thoughtfully. There's always hope!

And feel free to repose any legitimately intellectually curious questions you have. If I glossed over them amidst the tinfoil silliness you were posting, I apologize and am happy to answer them now.

I get that it sucks to have your posts repeated back to you so that you are confronted with their idiocy. Life is tough, but maybe it will help you develop some self-awareness and allow you to consider the topic of the thread more thoughtfully. There's always hope!

And feel free to repose any legitimately intellectually curious questions you have. If I glossed over them amidst the tinfoil silliness you were posting, I apologize and am happy to answer them now.

The questions are in my threads......you have not answered any, nor have disputed any facts or history I cited, nor have you made any coherent argument. You are a waste ot time.

The questions are in my threads......you have not answered any, nor have disputed any facts or history I cited, nor have you made any coherent argument. You are a waste ot time.

Gee...I guess you don't want answers to your questions. That's cool. If you change your mind, feel free to repose the ones you sincerely want answers to. I'm here to help. But, if you aren't sincerely interested in answers, good luck with the anger management.

Gee...I guess you don't want answers to your questions. That's cool. If you change your mind, feel free to repose the ones you sincerely want answers to. I'm here to help. But, if you aren't sincerely interested in answers, good luck with the anger management.

You haven't fully or honestly taken on any question I've asked to this point, so asking additional questions would appear to be a waste of my time. That said, if I do pose specific questions relating to immigration, do you promise to fully answer all of them to the best of your limited ability?

Anger management... now that is funny.... a Lib who thinks a GOP’er has anger issues .... clean up your own back yard first ANTIFA.... people who hate baseball... geez the media. The dislike/hatred is palpable....

Hack, they have nothing and know nothing else but to call their opponents racist. They offer no facts or logic, nor do they respond to facts or logic. They only name call. They are the new fascists

I call racists racists. If you feel I’m speaking to you, well, that’s on you.

Anger management... now that is funny.... a Lib who thinks a GOP’er has anger issues .... clean up your own back yard first ANTIFA.... people who hate baseball... geez the media. The dislike/hatred is palpable....

Republicans should clean their own house of neo Nazis and KKK members who support their party. There’s some reason that particular party is appealing to those particular folks. Let me see....

You haven't fully or honestly taken on any question I've asked to this point, so asking additional questions would appear to be a waste of my time. That said, if I do pose specific questions relating to immigration, do you promise to fully answer all of them to the best of your limited ability?

In the time you spent being angry and unhinged, you could have already asked the questions. In the meantime, pose some sincere immigration questions and I promise to answer. See, I'm already answering questions! I hope this helps lessen your rage.

Reactions: sglowrider
I am now thankful for the cooler. It has made me realize true self awareness. Shroomlord and the hack sound like me 20 yrs ago, and when I get that special cheap vodka (which I only get to excersize self denial) (isn't that a lent thing?, hmm I'm not even Catholic).

Ok the cooler is, well cool man.

I am now thankful for the cooler. It has made me realize true self awareness. Shroomlord and the hack sound like me 20 yrs ago, and when I get that special cheap vodka (which I only get to excersize self denial) (isn't that a lent thing?, hmm I'm not even Catholic).

Ok the cooler is, well cool man.

You sound more like the two newbies than you think

Reactions: Circlejoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT