ADVERTISEMENT

No Announcement today / Alleged Stevens called a team meeting

It needs to get done. We can claim the national news while we sit on our butts and let others use our locker rooms.

I never believed an announcement would come during the tournament weekend. IU will want that announcement to get maximum media play (to help recruiting) and it might get somewhat buried among the stories about the tournament. So if there was to be announcement (on anyone) it won't be while NCAA games are being played. Also, the non-announcement points to neither Matta or Beilein getting the job as either of them could be announced now. Not to say it still couldn't be one of them, but less likely. That makes the choice someone who is encumbered by NCAA tournament games and/or needing to get out of an existing contract.

So this is why I think Stevens may be in play, the question is does Brad see that he will still be the Celtic's coach in five or six years? Highly doubtful, but he will be IU's coach in five or six years. If the money is similar, wouldn't any logical person take the opportunity at the longer duration probability? I think Brad's time in Boston is short and I think Brad thinks his time in Boston is short. From that one perspective, the IU job has to be of interest now when perhaps it wasn't in the past. Plus, the players have probably tuned him out (like IU's players tuned out Archie) and that is the kiss of death in the NBA.
Sounds really promising.
An underacheiving NBA coach that fans are drooling over who has lost his team.

The figure I heard was a 7-year deal worth $49 million. If Brad doesn’t take that, then move on. That’s absolutely a killer deal for a coach coming into a very mediocre program. Turn the Brinks truck around and head southwest to Texas.

Funny just a few blogs and news articles bring out the trolls. How sad that people take the time to make a new account just to comment.

Funny just a few blogs and news articles bring out the trolls. How sad that people take the time to make a new account just to comment.
I think they’re just poking fun at the uninformed fans who, absent any evidence, nonetheless determined that Stevens was IU bound. It was the textbook version of a group self-punk, and there were bound to be some knowledgable bystanders who would pop in, along with the trolls who want to point and laugh.

ADVERTISEMENT