ADVERTISEMENT

Nixon

toastedbread

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2006
I was thinking earlier today that Nixon is possibly the most underrated Prez in history. He would be far left by today's standards. Dozens of accomplishments that stand the test of time. Genius, visionary. In today's politics, watergate is the equivalent of a fly on your ass. My how times have changed.

Reactions: Digressions
I was thinking earlier today that Nixon is possibly the most underrated Prez in history. He would be far left by today's standards. Dozens of accomplishments that stand the test of time. Genius, visionary. In today's politics, watergate is the equivalent of a fly on your ass. My how times have changed.
He's another fascinating character in our nation's past, as I observed Grant to be in another thread. Such a dichotomy between brilliance and paranoia.

Those were the days....Nixon, Hoover,& BeBe

Nixon-rebozo-hoover.jpg

Not to be contrary, but if Nixon is a great president then Sosa and McGwire belong in Cooperstown.

Reactions: Circlejoe
But they will never get there along with Rose. Some things just won't be forgiven. OTOH
McGwire's rookie season without the dope? was something to behold.

Oh, I know it will never happen. But it should. Rose should be there, too. Hell, if it were up to me, Shoeless Joe would be in.

Bonds, Clemens? Not a traditionalist eh. I don't think they should be in or they should all be in, one extreme or the other. Either way makes sense to me, but I don't like to see cheaters prosper.

Apologies to Toasted for the digression.

Bonds, Clemens? Not a traditionalist eh. I don't think they should be in or they should all be in, one extreme or the other. Either way makes sense to me, but I don't like to see cheaters prosper.

Apologies to Toasted for the digression.
All of 'em. If their performance was worthy, put 'em in, I say.

Definitely not a traditionalist on this point, I recognize that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT