ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Wright's evaluation of Joe Burrow

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
He's FS1's analyst....concerning Burrow he tweeted last night: "I don't think Joe Burrow is the best QB coming out this year....(he likes Tua better).....I don't know what Joe Burrow does great".

What?

He's FS1's analyst....concerning Burrow he tweeted last night: "I don't think Joe Burrow is the best QB coming out this year....(he likes Tua better).....I don't know what Joe Burrow does great".

What?

Guys who lose the stat battles but win the games are the best.

Burrow just fits in. Leads. Gets it done one way or another. Plays smart, but doesn't overthink it. Doesn't try to do what he knows he can't do. Takes a advantage when its there. Feed the studs.

"Just win baby."

Al Davis would sign him in a heartbeat.

Guys who lose the stat battles but win the games are the best.

Burrow just fits in. Leads. Gets it done one way or another. Plays smart, but doesn't overthink it. Doesn't try to do what he knows he can't do. Takes a advantage when its there. Feed the studs.

"Just win baby."

Al Davis would sign him in a heartbeat.

5 years ago the guy might have had a point.......Burrow likes to throw on the move and to run for first downs. He doesn't fit the Brady/Manning model, but the college game has come to the pros, in part. He really fits the Rogers/Lock/Wilson dynamic....especially Rogers, I would think.

Funny was just talking to some guys at lunch about Joe Burrow and they said the same thing about Burrow being a 2* coming out of high school. I had to correct them just as I was corrected, We are getting misinformation down here in Florida. Lol.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Classic example of an analyst who can’t admit that they were wrong, and/or wanting to get attention. Tua isn’t in the same stratosphere.

Funny was just talking to some guys at lunch about Joe Burrow and they said the same thing about Burrow being a 2* coming out of high school. I had to correct them just as I was corrected, We are getting misinformation down here in Florida. Lol.

But you were right about the 'weak arm' business. There was a story about UM testing Burrow by telling him he threw like a girl. That was interesting because I have heard people say that about PR. Burrow said Meyer would sometimes insult his QBs to see if they were tough enough to survive.....

Burrow said that after his freshman year he went to a QB guru type and worked to strengthen his arm......successfully.

I personally think 'strong arm' considerations are somewhat overrated.....not as important as having a 'feel' about moving around in the pocket, like vintage Brady/Manning, toughness, and flat out speed/escape ability.

I was amazed at how LSU locked down Clemson’s receivers. They made Lawrence look very pedestrian.

The guy is an absolute stud running the ball though.........I understand not running him a lot during the year, but I think Clemson should have run him even more last night. He's so big & strong he can take some serious hits.......reminds me of Luck......bigger and faster than the LBs.

Herbstreit said he was a 2* on the telecast, when in fact was a 4*.

I like Tua also, but you can't deny Burrow's abilities after the season he just had. I think they can both have good NFL careers, actually.

I like Tua also, but you can't deny Burrow's abilities after the season he just had. I think they can both have good NFL careers, actually.
If there is going to be the conversation of QB ready talent I think it is Burrow 100%. With the way the NFL is going though in terms of QB "prototype" I see a Tua asset being used. Do I personally think Tua himself will be good in the NFL not entirely. I would personally pick Hurts over Tua in that case.

What?

Nick wright is a physical evolution guy .. if you have a QB who can make all the throws, wright doesn’t care unless he’s 6’4” running a 4.5.

This is a guy who thinks Michael Jordan would be less effective in today’s league because of the athletes in today’s game (a game with no rim protecting centers), even though

1) Jordan has the highest vertical leap in pre draft (48”)
2) when Jordan played everyone knew you guarded him with a small guard to cut off his dribble.. if you put a big leaper like Richard dumas on him.. you learned pretty quickly that that was a terrible idea.

At 1:16 - here’s your big leaper guarding Jordan lol

Reactions: RBB89
If there is going to be the conversation of QB ready talent I think it is Burrow 100%. With the way the NFL is going though in terms of QB "prototype" I see a Tua asset being used. Do I personally think Tua himself will be good in the NFL not entirely. I would personally pick Hurts over Tua in that case.
Correct if I am wrong. I think Tua has had two big injuries in college and has a smaller frame. He mentioned that with the hip injury he is going to have to rotate differently. I do not know if he will come back and be good or even great. But the injury does change my plan. I take OL at 5.

ADVERTISEMENT