ADVERTISEMENT

Next

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
Might be for not but I'm going to go in all positive for these next two games. There is no reason we should lose to Northwestern and Ohio State is at home. If we win both maybe there is some hope. I do think we need to win both before going to Rutgers and Nebraska. Win one of those and we are 4-3. One can hope I guess.

We will likely be slight dogs v. OSU and @ Rutgers. But, not prohibitively so. It would be nice if they showed something.

Reactions: kkott
We will likely be slight dogs v. OSU and @ Rutgers. But, not prohibitively so. It would be nice if they showed something.
Won't happen...…….lose a tough one to Ohio State, get blown out at Rutgers, Rutgers is freaking good have watched them several times.

Might be for not but I'm going to go in all positive for these next two games. There is no reason we should lose to Northwestern and Ohio State is at home. If we win both maybe there is some hope. I do think we need to win both before going to Rutgers and Nebraska. Win one of those and we are 4-3. One can hope I guess.
I respect that. They have a lot of opportunities. My confidence is shaken, but this season is still wide open.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with our team (lack of confidence and belief), has infected our entire program and fanbase. I never bought in that this team should be 8th or worse in conference and not make the Dance. Based on recruiting rankings, this team is talented enough to be in the top half of the conference and I think they could be if they would just start believing they are good and acting like it... as WI has shown. I think the chronic lack of confidence affects their shooting (FG and FT), and turnovers a ton. I don't know who I see being the leader and catalyst other than TJD, but if someone will start to show some confidence, "dog" and leadership I think they could still rally. We should beat NW and 2 of 3 of OSU at home or Rutgers/NB on the road. Your thoughts and reasoning are dead on. Don't dip expectations: we're IU dammit, at some point we need to start playing like it.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with our team (lack of confidence and belief), has infected our entire program and fanbase. I never bought in that this team should be 8th or worse in conference and not make the Dance. Based on recruiting rankings, this team is talented enough to be in the top half of the conference and I think they could be if they would just start believing they are good and acting like it... as WI has shown. I think the chronic lack of confidence affects their shooting (FG and FT), and turnovers a ton. I don't know who I see being the leader and catalyst other than TJD, but if someone will start to show some confidence, "dog" and leadership I think they could still rally. We should beat NW and 2 of 3 of OSU at home or Rutgers/NB on the road. Your thoughts and reasoning are dead on. Don't dip expectations: we're IU dammit, at some point we need to start playing like it.
"Confidence, good players have it bad players don't" Bob Knight quote.

Would be nice to just take care of business and just blow Northwestern out at home by at least 15 to 20 points. If this becomes a 1-2 possession game late, you will see this team tighten up for sure along with Assembly Hall crowd. If we win the next 2 Im sure there will be idiots trolling that we are "back" prematurely and will jinx us.

Would be nice to just take care of business and just blow Northwestern out at home by at least 15 to 20 points. If this becomes a 1-2 possession game late, you will see this team tighten up for sure along with Assembly Hall crowd. If we win the next 2 Im sure there will be idiots trolling that we are "back" prematurely and will jinx us.

Northwestern is as bad or worse than most of the cupcakes we've already played. we'll win. osu at home will be a huge game for us. win it and there's hope.

Northwestern is as bad or worse than most of the cupcakes we've already played. we'll win. osu at home will be a huge game for us. win it and there's hope.

I don't know their players by name, but I know they (OSU) were missing a key player recently. Anyone know if he's projected to be back? The guy that has plagued us has been Wesson. He's not very athletic, but he knows how to use his body. If our bigs can help contain him, that would be a huge help. That PG they got that we were after has been great too. Again, we need our guards to step up and make his day a hard one.

Reactions: MrBing
They usually show up and say that they love shutting up the haters as if any of us are rooting for the team to lose. Then we lose they disappear.

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
They’ll have a walk-on come in and drain like 8 threes. Losing to NW last year may have cost us the NCAA Tournament. All because some bum named “Falzon”, played the only good game of his career. I’m still sour.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT