ADVERTISEMENT

Next years likely lineup

So no Galloway in your rotation. Do you have him transferring or his game declining immensely next season? Or was it just an oversight?
Complete over sight!!!! One of my favorite players. I knew it looked different for some reason

Thank you!!

Reactions: Falky22
I must need to go back and watch the games where Trayce looked good bringing the ball up and igniting the offense. All I can remember is him either bouncing it off his legs trying to go too fast, throwing it erratically to any teammate who is in the neighborhood, or simply getting it knocked away by any guard on the other team. Maybe I missed something.

Reactions: iubhounds
I must need to go back and watch the games where Trayce looked good bringing the ball up and igniting the offense. All I can remember is him either bouncing it off his legs trying to go too fast, throwing it erratically to any teammate who is in the neighborhood, or simply getting it knocked away by any guard on the other team. Maybe I missed something.
You did. He had 10 assists. Most coming from the wing. He also brought the ball up.

Leaving: Thompson, Johnson, Kopp
Incoming: Cupps, Newton, Transfer Center

Starters:
JHS
Galloway
Bates
Reneau
TJD

Second Unit:
Cupps
Gunn
Banks
Geronimo
Transfer Center

Bench:
Duncomb
Newton
Leal

Last edited:
Leaving: Thompson, Johnson, Kopp
Incoming: Cupps, Newton, Transfer Center

Starters:
JHS
Galloway
Bates
Reneau
TJD

Second Unit:
Cupps
Gunn
Banks
Geronimo
Transfer Center

Bench:
Duncomb
Newton
Leal
interesting line-up
i actually think there is a good chance TJD stays for one more year of NIL. and if so, i don't think MR starts with him. i might replace MR with Gunn in the line-up. i also think its more likely JHS is gone and headed to the NBA. so much upside to him. his perimeter shooting is already good and will likely get better over time.
the transfer portal will be key. PG and big forward.

Looks like Woodson gotta bunch of work to do We see alot visits..Let's see some high level commitments..On the order of JHS..
That or be much better in the portal...

I fully expect JHS to go pro next year. He will develop much more rapidly with X injured, he’s a 6’5 PG, and NBA drafts on potential along with talent. Mike Conley was not thought of as an NBA prospect until very late in his freshman year so it’s a bit early to think JHS would be coming back. Speaking of, if IU plays 34 games I thought I read X could redshirt. Well we would need a PG if JHS leaves, and X might need another year to show talent (overseas pays well). He too could garner NIL funds…

I fully expect JHS to go pro next year. He will develop much more rapidly with X injured, he’s a 6’5 PG, and NBA drafts on potential along with talent. Mike Conley was not thought of as an NBA prospect until very late in his freshman year so it’s a bit early to think JHS would be coming back. Speaking of, if IU plays 34 games I thought I read X could redshirt. Well we would need a PG if JHS leaves, and X might need another year to show talent (overseas pays well). He too could garner NIL funds…
If IU plays 34 games, it would probably mean X IS in the lineup. We need him to come back this season. This was meant to be our year, not the following one. Remember all the preseason excitement? It seems like a distant memory now, doesn't it. IU deserves better.

If IU plays 34 games, it would probably mean X IS in the lineup. We need him to come back this season. This was meant to be our year, not the following one. Remember all the preseason excitement? It seems like a distant memory now, doesn't it. IU deserves better.

IU has 31 games scheduled this season. Win one game in conference tournament or the (presumptive) NCAA tournament and that would be 34 games.

My enthusiasm has always been having two outstanding PGs. I’m afraid X, even if he comes back, will be nowhere near physically where he needs to be, and frankly it may be in HIS best interest to have ability to showcase his abilities next season rather than limp through a few games this season.

IU has 31 games scheduled this season. Win one game in conference tournament or the (presumptive) NCAA tournament and that would be 34 games.

My enthusiasm has always been having two outstanding PGs. I’m afraid X, even if he comes back, will be nowhere near physically where he needs to be, and frankly it may be in HIS best interest to have ability to showcase his abilities next season rather than limp through a few games this season.
I know what you're saying, but think you're probably dreaming when you think he will be in candy stripes next season. A lot will happen between this season and next, but your scenario, no matter how well intended, won't be one of those happening things.

I know what you're saying, but think you're probably dreaming when you think he will be in candy stripes next season. A lot will happen between this season and next, but your scenario, no matter how well intended, won't be one of those happening things.
The injury really is brutal timing for X - he has talent he’d like to showcase for professional teams (lots of $ overseas) but won’t be able to play at all until, I’m guessing, March. He can possibly return to IU next year and be the floor general with a good backstory of working hard and coming back strong after an injury. He can earn significant NIL money, and IU needs a PG from the portal (Cupps cannot do it alone); X is already familiar with Woody and the system.

I’d agree with the wish he comes back strong this season; it just seems unlikely it’s possible he can.

The injury really is brutal timing for X - he has talent he’d like to showcase for professional teams (lots of $ overseas) but won’t be able to play at all until, I’m guessing, March. He can possibly return to IU next year and be the floor general with a good backstory of working hard and coming back strong after an injury. He can earn significant NIL money, and IU needs a PG from the portal (Cupps cannot do it alone); X is already familiar with Woody and the system.

I’d agree with the wish he comes back strong this season; it just seems unlikely it’s possible he can.
I remember preseason talk, it was generally accepted there were going to be three players we could not afford to lose due to injury...TJD, X, and JHS. It's not even Christmas and all three have already lost time. Well, if X is out for the season, at least it happened early and we have plenty of time to adjust to the new strategy in his absence, whether its affect be good or bad ultimately.

Reactions: Jfats
Fans that keep wanting all these retreads which is what TJD / Thompson and Johnson are.imo
Are killing any progress forward..Woodson is getting a bunch of visits from 4 & 5 stars .
I want to see some verbals by them...That or be better in the portal..

No Zach Edey, yet it been said he's probably player of the year up to at least this point?
It’s a list from some random minister who lives in South Africa. I dont think I’d put much stock in this list.

I haven’t seen JHS name on any NBA Mock Drafts .
Agreed. JHS has shown he has talent, but he makes too many bad decisions with the ball. Plus, he hasn't shown he can generate an opportunity at the end of the shot clock. He's good and will likely be fantastic next year, but he won't see a pro lineup anytime soon.

Yup.

X, Miller, Race will have all exhausted their eligibility, I believe.

TJD is gonna go pro, I'm sure. And I don't think its a stretch, at all, that JHS is going pro as well.

Jordan is speculation, for sure.

We're obviously going to have to bring in transfers or late signees, and we have a pretty good idea of who'll leave.
I think Woodson said it best when he described JHS and MR as "kids that know how to win". He is having to teach a team that has a history of losing and what it takes to win. He keeps saying, "I gotta get them over the hump," which translates to, "I gotta get them to play harder when it matters most". I think he'll likely be happy to see the old-school work ethic leave the building as he's bringing in winners who understand the discipline needed to win.

IU like every other high major program recruits elite high school players. They have almost all been playing basketball year-round since they were young kids. How do they not "know how to win" by the time they get to college?

Did we eve here what exactly the injury is and how long he is out? Broken foot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT