ADVERTISEMENT

Next year a new coach would get

This post is stupid. Replace Archie with any coach and I bet it’s the same results. We have guards who can’t shoot! They never will! Wouldn’t matter who we have on the sideline!

This post is stupid. Replace Archie with any coach and I bet it’s the same results. We have guards who can’t shoot! They never will! Wouldn’t matter who we have on the sideline!
Just not a smart comment. Take the blinders off. Archie owns these results.

Reactions: BigMobe
Correction, we have more than two guards who can’t . . .

It’s a multiple choice answer.

It was a joke. Lighten up. At this point I’d probably take Pitino. cheaters don’t get punished anymore regardless. Wade , Miller, etc.

Reactions: IUgradman
There is no one lighter than me. Pitino would be a big boy hire and and would guarantee championships. And he’d love to stick it to Louisville. He will have won titles at UK, UL, and IU. Can you imagine?

IU had the chance to get him in 2004 or thereabouts and passed. Idiots.

Reactions: IUgradman
He’s winning big in Greece too now. He’s unbelievable. But prolly not good enough for IU. Lol.

That's a nice dream.... but Pitino isn't going to ever coach college ball again. Could have hired him 15+ years ago. Could have hired Cal in 2006 (or 2008)

In 2020, Indiana is not even close to a desirable job for a big name coach. The next guy will likely be the reigning Horizon League Coach of the Year.

Last edited:
TJD
BRUNK
DURHAM
SMITH
ANDERSON
HUNTER
PHIN
FRANKLIN
LEAL
GERONIMO
GALLOWAY
THOMPSON

that’s a tournament team.

coaches don’t make shots. Bottom line is our guards aren’t consistent enough. That doesn’t change next year. Leak and Galloway may end up being good, but how many 3 stars come in and have an immediate impact?

That's a nice dream.... but Pitino isn't going to ever coach college ball again. Could have hired him 15+ years ago. Could have hired Cal in 2006 (or 2008)

In 2020, Indiana is not even close to a desirable job for a big name coach. The next guy will likely be the reigning Horizon League Coach of the Year.
Oh here they come emerging from their fox holes

In 2020, Indiana is not even close to a desirable job for a big name coach. The next guy will likely be the reigning Horizon League Coach of the Year.[/QUOTE

Im beginning to realize iu is incapable of making a good bbal hire. Crean had some bright moments compared to archie but overall was an average coach. Archie is a lower tier big ten coach. Our best chance to still get a big name was the sampson hire. Wemessed that up also when we could ofc had beilein. I think we are doomed.

Im beginning to realize iu is incapable of making a good bbal hire. Crean had some bright moments compared to archie but overall was an average coach. Archie is a lower tier big ten coach. Our best chance to still get a big name was the sampson hire. We messed that up also when we could of had beilein. I think we are doomed.

Im beginning to realize iu is incapable of making a good bbal hire. Crean had some bright moments compared to archie but overall was an average coach. Archie is a lower tier big ten coach. Our best chance to still get a big name was the sampson hire. We messed that up also when we could of had beilein. I think we are doomed.

Crean's recruiting was better than Archie's for the first handful of years.... then it fell off a cliff.... which is still having repercussions upon the program.

He's a joke of an actual coach.... as you can see by his results this year, even with the #1 NBA pick on his team this season.

Crean's recruiting was better than Archie's for the first handful of years.... then it fell off a cliff.... which is still having repercussions upon the program.

He's a joke of an actual coach.... as you can see by his results this year, even with the #1 NBA pick on his team this season.
It didnt fall off a cliff. There were horrible recruits but he got bryant and JBJ still later on. Archies recruiting is is going downhill fast though imo.

This is basketball dude not football u only need one good class to get it going Texas Tech has practically turned over their roster and Purdue’s recruits that just kicked the shit out of us are not that good

This is basketball dude not football u only need one good class to get it going Texas Tech has practically turned over their roster and Purdue’s recruits that just kicked the shit out of us are not that good
Archies signature class has so far been underwhelming.

Archies signature class has so far been underwhelming.
Here’s a glaring example; Race Thompson has been with Archie now 3 years. Granted he’s had injuries, but he should know “the system” and at the very least by able to get guys in the right positions, he looks like a lost freshman.

Last years implosion has had a huge impact too. It killed all the new coach recruiting momentum.

We were final two to three on a few really good recruits for this year and that may have been the defining factor. Also, unless the recruits were familiar with IU, (ie Green and Durham) all they saw was the returning minutes at the 1 and 2 spot. Why take a chance to sit the bench on a possible losing team? I'm hoping it's just a matter of having bad personnel/chemistry and everything changes next year but right now .. not looking good.

I'm severely tired of the Green experiment. If he hasn't gotten it by now.... "frogs can't fly" .... no matter how much you teach them. We're going to need a confident and experienced Franklin next year, might as well let him take his lumps now. Coach needs to change the lineup, this rotation is NOT working. Get Hunter and Franklin on the floor, get them experience.

Painter three years in a row changed his and it's worked each time. Improvise, adjust, adapt..

Last edited:
It didnt fall off a cliff. There were horrible recruits but he got bryant and JBJ still later on. Archies recruiting is is going downhill fast though imo.

His last two classes were terrible. Worse by far than any of the 3 classes Archie has signed.

If you weren't a perennial ****tard with your head buried deeply in your ass..... you'd know I've been critical of Archie's recruiting and commented that it'll be his downfall here.

Last years implosion has had a huge impact too. It killed all the new coach recruiting momentum.

We were final two to three on a few really good recruits for this year and that may have been the defining factor. Also, unless the recruits were familiar with IU, (ie Green and Durham) all they saw was the returning minutes at the 1 and 2 spot. Why take a chance to sit the bench on a possible losing team? I'm hoping it's just a matter of having bad personnel/chemistry and everything changes next year but right now .. not looking good.

I'm severely tired of the Green experiment. If he hasn't gotten it by now.... "frogs can't fly" .... no matter how much you teach them. We're going to need a confident and experienced Franklin next year, might as well let him take his lumps now. Coach needs to change the lineup, this rotation is NOT working. Get Hunter and Franklin on the floor, get them experience.

Painter three years in a row changed his and it's worked each time. Improvise, adjust, adapt..

Obviously in hindsight Archie would have done things a lot differently. We've been stuck in this purgatory world all 3 seasons... where it wasn't a clear they were going to really suck.... where you could just burn it down and play young guys from the start. Rather they were teams that were always kinda bubblish tourney hopes..... so he kept riding the same guys, trying to win the 'next' game. Injuries with the guys he recruited hasn't helped either.

He's obviously going to be back next year.... but it's going to be a pressure cooker year for him, most certainly. We will also know what kind of '21 class was signed.

I always assumed he'd get 5 years no matter what.... but now think that only 4 are a sure thing.... if things keep going as they are.

If you weren't a perennial ****tard with your head buried deeply in your ass..... you'd know I've been critical of Archie's recruiting and commented that it'll be his downfall here.
You do critique incorrectly. You have to throw a tantrum and make irrational hyperbolic statements, and then repeat them daily and especially after losses. Supply no reasoning or thought for the hyperbolic statements, just scream like a butthurt lil bitch and make a bunch of unprovable subjective claims and call for a lynch mob.

Obviously in hindsight Archie would have done things a lot differently. We've been stuck in this purgatory world all 3 seasons... where it wasn't a clear they were going to really suck.... where you could just burn it down and play young guys from the start. Rather they were teams that were always kinda bubblish tourney hopes..... so he kept riding the same guys, trying to win the 'next' game. Injuries with the guys he recruited hasn't helped either.

He's obviously going to be back next year.... but it's going to be a pressure cooker year for him, most certainly. We will also know what kind of '21 class was signed.

I always assumed he'd get 5 years no matter what.... but now think that only 4 are a sure thing.... if things keep going as they are.
Great another year badgering with you and the other apologists about the inevitable

There is no one lighter than me. Pitino would be a big boy hire and and would guarantee championships. And he’d love to stick it to Louisville. He will have won titles at UK, UL, and IU. Can you imagine?

IU had the chance to get him in 2004 or thereabouts and passed. Idiots.

Exhibit A in how ridiculous some people are. That anyone would suggest hiring Pitino as the answer is telling. He is the antithesis of our heritage.

His coaches paid for whores.

Please spare me the alibi he was unaware.

All the more sad on the day Coach Knight comes back. I'm not a Knight apologist, but his integrity in running a clean program is beyond reproach.

While "Just win, baby" is OK for the Raiders, Sampson, Pitino et al, it just isn't the way we do things.

I'm not happy with our situation either, but I don't ever want us to sacrifice integrity for success.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Exhibit A in how ridiculous some people are. That anyone would suggest hiring Pitino as the answer is telling. He is the antithesis of our heritage.

His coaches paid for whores.

Please spare me the alibi he was unaware.

All the more sad on the day Coach Knight comes back. I'm not a Knight apologist, but his integrity in running a clean program is beyond reproach.

While "Just win, baby" is OK for the Raiders, Sampson, Pitino et al, it just isn't the way we do things.

I'm not happy with our situation either, but I don't ever want us to sacrifice integrity for success.
“I’m not a Knight apologist“-are you effin kidding me. Why in the heck do you characterize yourself in this way? Knight is worth 20 of you. People need to be apologists that people like you are IU fans.

Then why hasn’t he recruited some? That’s part of his job, this is year three and the 2nd straight year his team has quit on him.

In the end it’s about results and it’s been nothing but disappointments since he’s been here. If things keep going as they are it will be time to look elsewhere at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Wanna win championships immediately? Yes? Then hire Pitino.

I would agree with that, he was largely cleared by those charged as the only coach that really did delegate so much he didn't know what was going on. Is that good, no, but I doubt he or Sampson would make that mistake again if given a 2nd chance. I personally prefer Matta, no ethics issues and a proven record of recruiting and winning, plus he's instantly available assuming he's healthy and would want it. He's not that old either.

Nope, and it's that kind of thinking that has us where we are today … discussing the next coach over bball, because you and the rest of the Kool Aid drinkers finally see the writing on the wall. Recruiting is dead and will be more dead if he get's another year to hope and pray we make the NCAAT, should not happen, it's brand damage and just bad ROI, Negotiate a buyout! You act as if there's some IU accountant making these decisions! I think the fan loyalty, the media coverage, and the shitshow play on display at home, against your arch rival on a historic day will finally get the BOT and big donors pushing for change.

You do critique incorrectly. You have to throw a tantrum and make irrational hyperbolic statements, and then repeat them daily and especially after losses. Supply no reasoning or thought for the hyperbolic statements, just scream like a butthurt lil bitch and make a bunch of unprovable subjective claims and call for a lynch mob.

Oh, your comments sound so PC of being offended by being called a retard. FU, you are, I'm sorry "mentally challenged"

He ain't getting shit, a new AD and rightfully so will negotiate a buyout after we miss the tourney, FG declines NIT to spare embarrassment AGAIN!, and not own another predictable dumpster fire next year, new AD can at least say "we gonna suck, but I'm going to fix it". IMO, it should be Matta if he wants it, there's no timing issue other than being behind on a shitty recruiting class. If we're in a new situation by month's end, there's maybe time to gain ground with someone competent in charge.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT