ADVERTISEMENT

Next QB?

That is what we needed so if Jackson or Lowry shows they are very good QBs we don't need more QBs. Sorsby didn't look good on the field so if he can improve maybe he will be good on the field.
They’re still looking for an experienced quarterback who can compete to start. We’re way too thin there right now.

Reactions: red hornet
Just for depth purposes, Blaze McKibbin from California has been added as a walkon QB. He is on campus and enrolled. Started his career at Fresno State. For a 4th string/5th string guy, seems like a nice addition.
Did he play for Deboer? I'm thinking Deboer recommended us to him?

So what your saying is that he is finally given up on playing time?
Their starter is one of the top quarterbacks in college football and a likely future first round draft pick. The other guys up there are highly recruited kids with loads of potential and a high desire to get on the field as soon as possible. I would think JT, at his third P5 program, understands the Daisy chain pretty well.

Reactions: Tegray1
Former Fresno St. QB Blaze KcKibbin twitter feed says QB at IU.

Can't complain about him as a walk-on. Odd that he is yet another Pro-Style QB after Allen said he wanted to go dual threat moving forward. Maybe just meant someone that could at least escape the pocket a little.

He has good height at QB at 6'5.

It brings experience to a room full of diaper dandies even if unlikely to see the field.

Can't complain about him as a walk-on. Odd that he is yet another Pro-Style QB after Allen said he wanted to go dual threat moving forward. Maybe just meant someone that could at least escape the pocket a little.

He has good height at QB at 6'5.

It brings experience to a room full of diaper dandies even if unlikely to see the field.
He's probably here mainly to run the scout team, not operate Bell's offense.

But if he ends up on the 2 deeps, we're in big trouble.

Let's hope for scout team.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Their starter is one of the top quarterbacks in college football and a likely future first round draft pick. The other guys up there are highly recruited kids with loads of potential and a high desire to get on the field as soon as possible. I would think JT, at his third P5 program, understands the Daisy chain pretty well.
Pretty sure he is just chasing some hardware not really playing time. I don't really see what else he can offer Michigan.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Pretty sure he is just chasing some hardware not really playing time. I don't really see what else he can offer Michigan.
Quality depth and experience never hurts when you’re practicing and preparing, especially at the quarterback position. Would guess that a former quarterback and current coach like Harbaugh understands that value quite well. As a one year guy, there’s no downside to having that guy on your roster, and the upside in knowledge and experience is a huge plus.

3 unproven QB's seems like a risk because you're not sure what you have. And it could backfire on CTA if they are not good, injured, out from an unforeseen incident. I hope that he gets a more proven QB as insurance but I do hope one of young guys turns out to be good.

5-star freshmen with 4-5 ⭐️ linemen blocking for them.

3 unproven QB's seems like a risk because you're not sure what you have. And it could backfire on CTA if they are not good, injured, out from an unforeseen incident. I hope that he gets a more proven QB as insurance but I do hope one of young guys turns out to be good.
How could it be any worse than the last 2 seasons? At any rate, they are not going to bring in a quality "experienced starter". I'm happy with the way they have recruited the position and I think they should work with what they have. 2 sophomores essentially, along with a solid freshman qb makes me optimistic. As Vesuvius has pointed out several times, the OL is going to make strides and benefit the qb room greatly. I'm under the assumption that we will be a run-first team moving forward and that qb room will grow over the year. My hunch tells me that Jackson is the guy and will be pushed by the incoming freshman qb.
They need to start playing complementary football, the defense needs to improve (i think we did this offseason bringing in the Dline players that we have so far, couple more quality bodies here would help), and they need to run the ball better. Another thing they need to do better, when in field goal range, start taking the points and stop going for it on 4th down all the time.... hurts the team in the long-run.... morale, points, momentum.
just some of my rambling thoughts..

I think posters are missing what coach is saying. IU can't get another QB in before Spring Practice so coaches will evaluate after that to see where they need to go. Maybe they will decide they are happy with what they have or maybe they will work on getting an experienced QB in after Spring Practice.

I think posters are missing what coach is saying. IU can't get another QB in before Spring Practice so coaches will evaluate after that to see where they need to go. Maybe they will decide they are happy with what they have or maybe they will work on getting an experienced QB in after Spring Practice.
It could also be that IU needs a scout team QB that can mimic a pocket type passer and this is that guy.

I read where CTA was going to visit Chance Nolan but never heard any follow up.

He's making millions at Washington.
He is also of the leaders in the nation in yardage but not invited to the Heisman awards.

Penix also avoided injury which puts the focus on IU's field and I hope IU looks to see what the problem is with the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and red hornet
Allen has decided to roll the dice on a Freshman and a redshirt Freshman in a make or break season.
I think Jackson and Lowry have a chance to be good but to expect them to be ready this year seems to be asking a lot,I hope I’m wrong.
Given that the buyout will be $20 million next December, maybe Allen isn’t thinking of it as a make or break season. Dolson as well…

Reactions: DANC and 82hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT