ADVERTISEMENT

Next QB?

He should be QB1 just for the name.
Given that the buyout will be $20 million next December, maybe Allen isn’t thinking of it as a make or break season. Dolson as well…
Maybe not but even with that big of a buyout I just can’t see how Allen could survive another 4-8 season.
If that happens and he survives it will prove once and for all the school has no desire to succeed in football.

Maybe not but even with that big of a buyout I just can’t see how Allen could survive another 4-8 season.
If that happens and he survives it will prove once and for all the school has no desire to succeed in football.
I would hope that 1) Allen turns things back around or 2) if he can’t achieve a turnaround then he might be willing to accept a negotiated settlement like Chryst

I would hope that 1) Allen turns things back around or 2) if he can’t achieve a turnaround then he might be willing to accept a negotiated settlement like Chryst
We pulled in very good transfer players to go with two very good classes that will be JRs and soph, I hope the season around turns around. Life is very tough this season, we have to wait and see how it goes. I really like the OL coach he hired and I hope he turns the defense over to Coach Wilt and he turns into a great DC like Wommack was because of coach Wilt seems enthusiastic. I didn't like the things he did on defense that couldn't stop offenses of course they were getting worn out by 3 and outs by Bazelak. Once he said they need QBs that could run and Bazlak went to the MAC to play.

Last edited:
We pulled in very good transfer players to go with two very good classes that will be JRs and soph, I hope the season around turns around. Life is very tough this season, we have to wait and see how it goes. I really like the OL coach he hired and I hope he turns the defense over to Coach Wilt and he turns into a great DC like Wommack was because of coach Wilt seems enthusiastic. I didn't like the things he did on defense that couldn't stop offenses of course they were getting worn out by 3 and outs by Bazelak. Once he said they need QBs that could run and Bazlak went to the MAC to play.
Largely agree, although having to open with tOSU again is total b.s. IMO

To me, it depends on how the 4-8 would play out. Meaning are we competitive in most of the 8 games or are they 50-point beat downs? If we end up with 8 losses and the OSU and UM games are 14-17 and competitive into the 4th, PSU similar and the other losses are 10 or less, that is GREAT progress and shows we are headed in the right direction, if we go through another year where we are completely noncompetitive in the losses, that is another story

To me, it depends on how the 4-8 would play out. Meaning are we competitive in most of the 8 games or are they 50-point beat downs? If we end up with 8 losses and the OSU and UM games are 14-17 and competitive into the 4th, PSU similar and the other losses are 10 or less, that is GREAT progress and shows we are headed in the right direction, if we go through another year where we are completely noncompetitive in the losses, that is another story
I agree last season was better than the record showed. IU was close to winning more games and played the tough teams through the 3rd quarter. We will have to see how the transfers change the team to go along with very good players in the Sophomore class and Junior class. IU is not ready to challenge the big boys yet but they could create upsets in the B1G. It is based on the confidence the team plays and if they do this year could be different than the past couple of years.

Agreed. We obviously weren’t able to compete very effectively against good teams last year, and the quarterback situation is concerning, to say the least. Defensively, we have a lot to address, as well, and we lost a reliable kicker on special teams. Spring practice should be revealing in many ways.

He is also of the leaders in the nation in yardage but not invited to the Heisman awards.

Penix also avoided injury which puts the focus on IU's field and I hope IU looks to see what the problem is with the field.
So the field is being blamed for upper body injuries now? Or a leg injury that happens OOBs? At an away game?

Tough crowd.

I agree last season was better than the record showed. IU was close to winning more games and played the tough teams through the 3rd quarter. We will have to see how the transfers change the team to go along with very good players in the Sophomore class and Junior class. IU is not ready to challenge the big boys yet but they could create upsets in the B1G. It is based on the confidence the team plays and if they do this year could be different than the past couple of years.
Not unlike the past few seasons...much to learn in the first two games.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT