ADVERTISEMENT

Next Group of Recruits

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
So who are our last 3 or 4 scholarships going to?

• My list starts with these 3:
  • 1) Sampson at C
  • 2) Hall at T
  • 3) Moore at Slot/KR/PR/+
Next 4 would be Basitda at LB, Cunningham at RB/LB, and Charlton if he's still available at DE and/or Linder at C (a one year grad-transfer)...

Looks like we are in on another 12 (and there's most likely more that I haven't read about) or so, that I haven't listed for those last three plus spots so the final February finish should be quite interesting.

Last edited:

• 1) Sampson at C
  • 2) Hall at T
  • 3) J Patterson at T/G
Next 4 would be Basitda at LB, Cunningham at RB/LB, and Charlton if he's still available at DE and/or Linder at C (a one year grad-transfer)...

Looks like we are in on another 12 (and there's most likely more that I haven't read about) or so, that I haven't listed for those last three plus spots so the final February finish should be quite interesting.

I'd save the 4th for a transfer to be named later ;)

Someone said Charlton signed with FIU....

I’ll take the linemen....

So, theoretically, we have 3 to give...

Should be interesting... How many days does this "Early Signing Period" last? [I seriously don't recall].

If I'm one of the 15 or so guys actually interested in playing here I'd be scrambling to sign early...

So, theoretically, we have 3 to give...

Should be interesting... How many days does this "Early Signing Period" las
t? [I seriously don't recall].

If I'm one of the 15 or so guys actually interested in playing here I'd be scrambling to sign early...

2 more days

Reactions: 76-1
Way I see it our needs are:
an Unstoppable, Slot Receiver/Kick Returner;
another Offensive Lineman;
and an Inside Linbacker...

Should be interesting to see if we end up with them...

Way I see it our needs are:
an Unstoppable, Slot Receiver/Kick Returner;
another Offensive Lineman;
and an Inside Linbacker...

Should be interesting to see if we end up with them...

Sounds like Taylor may fill one of those slots. Return guy was one of the things that Allen said they talked about.

Sounds like Taylor may fill one of those slots. Return guy was one of the things that Allen said they talked about.

Taylor may end up as a CB. He wants to play in the NFL and knows his best shot at that is as a CB. Smart young man.

Rondale Moore fits the Slot perfectly and could be the unstoppable KR we need.

I think the one minor surprise yesterday was when Dallas Craddieth signed early with Iowa. He was going to take visits to IU and Illinois but just pulled the trigger. He had said for a while that he was going to be a Feb signee. I think Iowa was the heavy lean regardless.
Now, D.J Johnson, the Indiana CB from Indy, was going to sign early with Iowa but held off. He has been talking to LSU and I project he flips there.

Taylor may end up as a CB. He wants to play in the NFL and knows his best shot at that is as a CB. Smart young man.

Yes, that was also what Allen said along with returns.

• 1) Sampson at C
  • 2) Hall at T

I will assume we have 3 spots left. My guess is

1. Linder
2. Sampson
3. Unknown grad transfer next summer.

• 1) Sampson at C
  • 2) Hall at T

FWIW, I saw Allen on BTN yesterday, and the only position he specifically mentioned as one where we are still looking was safety.......said he was pretty satisfied with CB position.

I'm not saying safety is only position where we may add.....just saying it was the only position he specifically mentioned as a concern.

On the Randy Charlton situation, IU has not officially confirmed his signing. As far as I know, the only thing we have to go on is his twitter message yesterday that he was committing......rivals and 247 still list him as a verbal commit......I know Peegs said he was committed, but that was based on his twitter message. anybody out there know different?

Might need to mix in another WR or 2 now. Big hit in depth with #1 and #7 leaving.

Rondale Moore is going to Purdue

Now, D.J Johnson, the Indiana CB from Indy, was going to sign early with Iowa but held off. He has been talking to LSU and I project he flips there.
He already signed with Iowa, but asked the school to not release the info until after his signing ceremony. Same with Julius Brents.

This has been well known. Did someone actually suggest Johnson wasn’t going to Iowa?
Hey Ewerz, Ord , BigRed , did you see where the TE Torres, you were whining about us not getting, ended up ? LOL, I’ll give you a hint not Iowa.

Hey Ewerz, Ord , BigRed , did you see where the TE Torres, you were whining about us not getting, ended up ? LOL
Not sure why you linked my post, but I assume you’re talking about the kid who de-committed from Iowa and went to WMU? What does that have to do with DJ?

Uh huh, you know what you said about Torres, and pretty sure most on here do too, I’ll leave it at that, LOL.
I didn’t say a word about Torres. He de-committed a week or two ago. This was about DJ and his alleged move to LSU. I think you’re lost.

• 1) Sampson at C
  • 2) Hall at T

Looks like Moores interest/availability was someone's idea of a joke at Rivals (it was a good one;)), so my revised wish list looks like this:

• Sampson at C
  • Hall at T
  • Cunningham at LB/RB or Best Available

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT