ADVERTISEMENT

Next 5 are almost guaranteed losses

go_iu

All-Big Ten
Feb 22, 2004
What does that say when you expect to lose them and to Iowa at home because they are the better team. We need to give this another year? I bet the fan loyalty that they would retain by cutting him loose and inspiring hope is more than his buyout. Hell, I as a lifelong fan won't even pay for cable just to watch this shit ball

Reactions: bailey777
I think Minnesota at home at home might be only game left that we have a real shot of winning.

That's actually a road game per the schedule, hence the 9pm tipoff, I think the only one of these next 5 at home is Iowa, who will probably trounce us. They are ranked and the way we're playing and they way they've beaten us recently, I just don't see a win.

That's actually a road game per the schedule, hence the 9pm tipoff, I think the only one of these next 5 at home is Iowa, who will probably trounce us. They are ranked and the way we're playing and they way they've beaten us recently, I just don't see a win.

We play minn home and away

I thought about putting "at the end of the season" when I said that about Minnesota, but was too lazy to edit it and add that part in.

I have been on the fence regarding Archie.
Now, I am fine with losing out if it gets a new coach.
As I often say, I sure can be wrong, but he does not seem to “have “ the team.
I do not see the motivation to “go through a wall for the coach”.

The only possible win is iowa but I dont see it. They will probably make 15 threes.

The only possible win is iowa but I dont see it. They will probably make 15 threes.

I'm guessing your right, because we play this stupid packline garbage, regardless of matchups, that gives up easy 3's when everybody can make them nowadays, hell when unguarded or not heavily guarded, I'd probably make 80% at 50 . Wouldn't it be smarter to draw their shots towards TJD and Brunk

I'm guessing your right, because we play this stupid packline garbage, regardless of matchups, that gives up easy 3's when everybody can make them nowadays, hell when unguarded or not heavily guarded, I'd probably make 80% at 50 . Wouldn't it be smarter to draw their shots towards TJD and Brunk
Packline seems like a 1970's defense

Packline seems like a 1970's defense

Not seems like, it is, no 3 pts make them shoot jumpers is exactly what it is. I don't watch UVA much, because I hate that slow down brand of ball, somehow it still works for them, they must modify it somehow

I hope we don’t win another game. Whatever it takes to get rid of this guy. Maybe he’ll leave on his own.

Not seems like, it is, no 3 pts make them shoot jumpers is exactly what it is. I don't watch UVA much, because I hate that slow down brand of ball, somehow it still works for them, they must modify it somehow

Unless I'm mis-remembering (which is a possibility) Tony Bennett's father Dick (who was heavily influenced by coach Knight) invented the pack-line. It's a good defense with the right personnel and taught correctly. I think IU's pack-line is a modified version, which may also work... it just isn't with this group and staff.

Reactions: MrBing
Unless I'm mis-remembering (which is a possibility) Tony Bennett's father Dick (who was heavily influenced by coach Knight) invented the pack-line. It's a good defense with the right personnel and taught correctly. I think IU's pack-line is a modified version, which may also work... it just isn't with this group and staff.
The packline is just like any other defense it depends who is coaching it. Does anyone play a zone better than Syracuse??? Just cause Lil Arch is using the packline like Tony Bennett doesn't mean we are going to get Kenpom numbers in the top 10 (Which Tony had by year 3) in fact if not played perfectly the packline sucks which is what we are seeing with IU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT