ADVERTISEMENT

News to starve your soul

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
14-year old Morgyn Arnold, who has Down syndrome, sat with her junior high cheerleading team, of which she was a member and manager, for a photo. After the photo session was over, Morgyn left, and the folks in charge had the rest of the girls reassemble for a new photo. This second photo was used in the yearbook and for the team's publicity. Morgyn's name wasn't even included as a member of the team.

By all accounts, this wasn't bullying from the team. Apparently, the other girls love Morgyn, and she loves them. She was excluded because the adults in charge - for whatever reason passing understanding - felt that the school would be better served by not having Morgyn highlighted as a member of the team.

I'm trying not to rush to judgment, but I recall a few weeks ago when I was lambasted for suggesting that someone might deservedly burn in hell, and right now, I'm having difficulty with the idea that such a punishment might not be rightly justified.

14-year old Morgyn Arnold, who has Down syndrome, sat with her junior high cheerleading team, of which she was a member and manager, for a photo. After the photo session was over, Morgyn left, and the folks in charge had the rest of the girls reassemble for a new photo. This second photo was used in the yearbook and for the team's publicity. Morgyn's name wasn't even included as a member of the team.

By all accounts, this wasn't bullying from the team. Apparently, the other girls love Morgyn, and she loves them. She was excluded because the adults in charge - for whatever reason passing understanding - felt that the school would be better served by not having Morgyn highlighted as a member of the team.

I'm trying not to rush to judgment, but I recall a few weeks ago when I was lambasted for suggesting that someone might deservedly burn in hell, and right now, I'm having difficulty with the idea that such a punishment might not be rightly justified.
It was a different scenario for whom you hoped would burn in hell and I was chastised for calling out people that called posters tards

Not from me, you weren't. The R- and T-words, and all their variations, have long been banned on this forum.
Good for you on that , I think it was hidden in libt*rds that I posted about and didnt like someone using. I am not religious but kinda thought saying that to VPM was a bit much, agree to disagree ..............

Good for you on that , I think it was hidden in libt*rds that I posted about and didnt like someone using. I am not religious but kinda thought saying that to VPM was a bit much, agree to disagree ..............
If someone got away with saying "libt***" it was only because the mods didn't see it. They are pretty absent nowadays. This is a mostly unmoderated forum. But that will not stand, I can promise that.

Reactions: Crayfish57
If someone got away with saying "libt***" it was only because the mods didn't see it. They are pretty absent nowadays. This is a mostly unmoderated forum. But that will not stand, I can promise that.
It was actually and I might be wrong a liberal calling conservatives t**** and when I objected the other poster came up with but you guys say............I never have and never will. If someone wants to call me stupid or whatever never bothers me . I just don't like names being used like that I know some people that have dealt with people that havent been as fortunate in life that all of us that post on here have been and hey we agree on something!

It was actually and I might be wrong a liberal calling conservatives t**** and when I objected the other poster came up with but you guys say............I never have and never will. If someone wants to call me stupid or whatever never bothers me . I just don't like names being used like that I know some people that have dealt with people that havent been as fortunate in life that all of us that post on here have been and hey we agree on something!
We have a few rules on this forum that have developed organically. We used to have more. It used to be wrong to refer to any prominent person by a derogatory nickname. You used to get deleted for saying "Shrub" or "Obummer." It also used to be wrong to attack women for their looks. Used to be an offense to call SHS fat or Michelle Obama ugly. We've let those slide, apparently. Free expression and all that.

But we all still hold that there is no excuse for the blank-tard formulation. If a mod sees that, he'll delete it. I don't even mod this forum, anymore, and if I see it, I'll delete it. We have some standards, still.

I was very dismayed when I read this story, as it is so unlike anything my family and our son have ever experienced. But I suppose the closest things I can recall were all from adults rather than other kids (worst probably was a teacher). But even those were nothing like this.

Very bad look from all involved. Hopefully the other girls involved (only in jr. high) will learn from this and become decent people. Not trying to make excuses or contradict my harsh stance for punishing those that knowingly make terrible decisions, but I'm trying to see the glass half full.

ADVERTISEMENT