ADVERTISEMENT

News to make your soul think

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
My family is pretty hunkered down these days. Hockey, swimming and basketball are shut down indefinitely. But my son still has school and we obviously need to go to the store occasionally, etc. We wear masks all the time, and are going stir crazy sitting at home. But our masks aren’t nearly as useful if you aren’t wearing one. You’ll see me or my wife, and we won’t look like we’re at risk. But you don’t know who that food in our cart is for. You don’t know who we’ll be putting to bed later that night

Please, wear a mask. It’s not hard.

My family is pretty hunkered down these days. Hockey, swimming and basketball are shut down indefinitely. But my son still has school and we obviously need to go to the store occasionally, etc. We wear masks all the time, and are going stir crazy sitting at home. But our masks aren’t nearly as useful if you aren’t wearing one. You’ll see me or my wife, and we won’t look like we’re at risk. But you don’t know who that food in our cart is for. You don’t know who we’ll be putting to bed later that night

Have you heard or read anything in terms of efficacy of the vaccines or side effects among those with DS or other IDD? I have no reason to think they would necessarily be different, but I'm just curious if any experts have an opinion.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Agree, my mother-in-law is 96, lives alone but doesn’t drive. My wife does her shopping and drives her when she needs to go out. The thing that is incomprehensible to me is that people don’t seem to stop and think that this isn’t necessarily about them, but their actions could kill someone 2 or 3 infections down the line.

Have you heard or read anything in terms of efficacy of the vaccines or side effects among those with DS or other IDD? I have no reason to think they would necessarily be different, but I'm just curious if any experts have an opinion.
I have not, and I doubt there would be any significant concerns. There are none with other vaccines that I am aware of.

Food for thought: I am “my soul.”

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT