ADVERTISEMENT

News to feed your soul

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
In a little less than two hours, Chris Nikic will complete the Ironman triathlon in Florida. Chris is a young man who happens to have Down syndrome.

Don’t tell me something is impossible or that you can’t do it. Just don’t.

Last edited:
I've completed two of these beasts (Ironman triathlon). I know what it's like. While finishing those races are very memorable, my time spent at the magic hour, the last hour of the race as people try to finish under the 17 hour cut-off, are two of the greatest experiences in my life.

I am also the father of a 17 yo who happens to have Down syndrome. A young man who never lets his disability or barriers keep him from succeeding.

What Chris Nikic is doing is utterly amazing. This story is incredibly inspirational. I am in awe. I will lose it when he crosses that finish line.

I've completed two of these beasts (Ironman triathlon). I know what it's like. While finishing those races are very memorable, my time spent at the magic hour, the last hour of the race as people try to finish under the 17 hour cut-off, are two of the greatest experiences in my life.

I am also the father of a 17 yo who happens to have Down syndrome. A young man who never lets his disability or barriers keep him from succeeding.

What Chris Nikic is doing is utterly amazing. This story is incredibly inspirational. I am in awe. I will lose it when he crosses that finish line.
Thanks for sharing. One of the coolest things I’ve heard. And kudos noodle. Amazing to you. I wanted to do one in my younger days but was a weak swimmer. Could run forever, bike, but the damn swimming.

Reactions: Noodle
I've been watching the live feed from the finish line. It is so weird with no crowd. Has to be even tougher for the competitors as the crowd typically buoys you along the last mile or two.

(I've been a swimmer for almost 50 years (30 years competitively) so that was the "easy" part of the race for me.)

I've been watching the live feed from the finish line. It is so weird with no crowd. Has to be even tougher for the competitors as the crowd typically buoys you along the last mile or two.

(I've been a swimmer for almost 50 years (30 years competitively) so that was the "easy" part of the race for me.)
Wow. Very cool. No backstroke allowed and my anchor build and lousy form would exhaust my legs. Iron men are incredible. That’s a neat thing to say you’ve done Noodle. Fla has a whole sprint series that’s a blast. It hits all the cool spots

Wil is 17? Wow, I feel old.

• Love
Reactions: Noodle
ADVERTISEMENT