ADVERTISEMENT

New TE coach

Based on hearing it from people with connections

Personally, I'd much rather see him as one or the other, not both.

Safety play was hit or miss the last couple of years and both that position and the Special Teams needs to get better by September. This kind of move seems a bit shakey at best...

If true, that's a head scratcher...

I'd only be on board if we brought in a top recruiter at a position where he can help... OL??? --- DE????

Safety play was hit or miss the last couple of years and both that position and the Special Teams needs to get better by September. This kind of move seems a bit shakey at best...

I'd only be on board if we brought in a top recruiter at a position where he can help... OL??? --- DE????
Totally agree. Football has specialized so much & as we know the kicking game can determine wins or losses.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and mk23
lee-corso-sucks.jpeg

Reactions: vesuvius13

Never said that he would stay as safeties coach!

Did I miss something?
TOS on Friday was dropping hints about the remaining two coaching spots. Wright fit right in to the description of what CTA is looking for.

Regarding the now-remaining one spot, one poster over there, based on the above-mentioned hints, speculated (I think that is all it was) that CTA might be planning to move Coach Teegardin to special teams and bring in Jason Jones (currently at FAU) to coach DBs. Probably would upset the "hiring his friends" crowd (you can hear Jones speak specifically about CTA in the following clip) . . .

. . . but I would be thrilled with CTA hiring this friend. FAU led the country this year in a statistic where our D needs big improvement in 2020 . . . INTs.
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/457

TOS on Friday was dropping hints about the remaining two coaching spots. Wright fit right in to the description of what CTA is looking for.

Regarding the now-remaining one spot, one poster over there, based on the above-mentioned hints, speculated (I think that is all it was) that CTA might be planning to move Coach Teegardin to special teams and bring in Jason Jones (currently at FAU) to coach DBs. Probably would upset the "hiring his friends" crowd (you can hear Jones speak specifically about CTA in the following clip) . . .

. . . but I would be thrilled with CTA hiring this friend. FAU led the country this year in a statistic where our D needs big improvement in 2020 . . . INTs.

That might work.

I was hoping for a home run at the Special Teams slot but the Safety position needs help too.

I could live with that. Hate to keep seeing money saving moves. Had hoped we were past that stage.

Coach T to Special Teams Coordinator is technically a “promotion” but I’d be very interested in seeing a top DB coach come in who I presume can recruit well too.

But Coach T will have a bigger spotlight on him in that role. Hopefully he can be successful there.

What about Chase Dutra as safeties coach? I believe he just joined the staff at Rutgers.

TOS?

I like Jason Jones bio. Looks like a great fit with our staff assuming CTA moves Coach T into the ST position. I like the move.

I like Jason Jones bio. Looks like a great fit with our staff assuming CTA moves Coach T into the ST position. I like the move.
Again, as far as I know, it's just speculation by one fan; however, Jones does neatly fit the possible-preferred profile that was mentioned by TOS on Friday: Florida/southeastern US roots and coaching connection to CTA.

Watch this film clip of CTA while an assistant at Ole Miss. Impressive. Thnx.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT