ADVERTISEMENT

New Preferred Walk-on

This was the Luke Brown role that I thought was a need for IU, perimeter shooting, FT shooting from a preferred walk-on that could play a role as a shooter off the bench. From the video that are different players, Luke is a better ballhandler and passer, and a better FT shooter 90%, even though Sebastian is a 82% FT shooter. I think Sebastian is a better finisher on drives at the rim with either hand and is faster. Not quicker but faster. Commically, I noticed the HS gym stands in California looked tiny, like a Middle School gym in Indiana. I've seen more people at AAU Tournaments in Indiana. IU also brings in perimeter shooting in the 2020 class in Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, and likely Lander. Al may have his minutes cut by B1G play as he has struggled with careless turnovers, low BB IQ drives, letting his man get by him on D, and streaky perimeter shooting. The only thing consistent with Al has been good FT shooting. I think Galloway and Leal both have more long term upside than Al, are taller. Leal is a better shooter, and Galloway is a much better defender and better full court playmaker with higher BB IQ. IU guards got a big boost in 2020, and Sebastian may play a role if his 50% FT shooting continues at IU. That is a weapon that IU has not had under Archie. Lander is the best PG in the country in 2021, and is looking to reclassify to 2020.

Last edited:
This was the Luke Brown role that I thought was a need for IU, perimeter shooting, FT shooting from a preferred walk-on that could play a role as a shooter off the bench. From the video that are different players, Luke is a better ballhandler and passer, and a better FT shooter 90%, even though Sebastian is a 82% FT shooter. I think Sebastian is a better finisher on drives at the rim with either hand and is faster. Not quicker but faster. Commically, I noticed the HS gym stands in California looked tiny, like a Middle School gym in Indiana. I've seen more people at AAU Tournaments in Indiana.

Yeah, it looks like he gives great effort, but he doesn't look athletic enough to me from the videos to garner PT. Still, a shooter and g practice player that works is valuable. Not sure I've ever seen anyone use that many underhand layups and finger rolls, but that probably wouldn't fly in the B10 either. I like the effort though and even in a walkon, we can use all the shooters we can get.

Yeah, it looks like he gives great effort, but he doesn't look athletic enough to me from the videos to garner PT. Still, a shooter and g practice player that works is valuable. Not sure I've ever seen anyone use that many underhand layups and finger rolls, but that probably wouldn't fly in the B10 either. I like the effort though and even in a walkon, we can use all the shooters we can get.
Looks like the go-to-guy when we need a lay-up....

Welcome to the Hoosiers...hopefully hard work and play earns a scholarship one day!

Looks like the go-to-guy when we need a lay-up....

Welcome to the Hoosiers...hopefully hard work and play earns a scholarship one day!

I love the effort and nothing wrong with taking what the D gives you and going to the rack! Frankly it's something I wish/hope Damezi and Jerome look for alot more. 80% FT, 50% on FG/3s and 20ppg... he's done OK for himself and sounds like what a PWO should be used for.

Reactions: cryano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT