ADVERTISEMENT

New Low, Even for Trump

I'm also only slowly realizing how many functional professional adults really don't pay any real attention to meaningful news, don't really care about news or day to day politics, and reach very shallow conclusions based on the limited info they do take in.
They aren't nearly as scary as those that are fully engaged and still think Trump is doing just fine. They walk among us.

We are fast approaching (read: passed a while ago) the point where anyone who still supports Trump can only be doing so because they are just bad people.

I think you are underestimating their ability to enjoy such vulgar behaviour. He is their visualisation of their social 'club' to beat up the establishment people for all their frustrations, ills or hatred towards the world. That could last a while.

I think you are underestimating their ability to enjoy such vulgar behaviour. He is their visualisation of their social 'club' to beat up the establishment people for all their frustrations, ills or hatred towards the world. That could last a while.

It's not only the "establishment"...

I would argue they enjoy watching brown and black people beaten on the streets as entertainment.

This stuff appeals to the UFC, WWE, NASCAR crowd that voted for Donnie

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa

Definitely seems like it should be looked into, since I doubt multiple White House aides did this on their own.

Just going to hang this here for lack of a better spot ....

Everyone always poo-poos internet discourse because people say all sorts of stuff they'd never say to others' faces. That's a reasonable complaint and people do launch the worst dreck at one another because of the anonymity.

But I also think it's fair to say that that same anonymity has a real upside too and for the same reason. People say things 'out loud' online that they'd never say 'out loud' if they were actually face to face with people. It allows for more candor, it allows for reasonable confrontation and dispute that wouldn't happen if polite people were in the same room, and, perhaps most importantly, it allows a little more transparency as to how people think. In real life, people are less sharing and it's sometimes harder to discern what someone knows, how they reached conclusions, etc. But online, people let a lot more hang out there and it's revealing as to their real thinking.
There are limits to this because I would have punched people in the throat if people said to my face what they've said here like anonymous cowards. I doubt they would have said it to my face however.

This seems about right:

The president has at last done the unthinkable: He has insulted a morning television personality in crude and ghastly terms and I must — in consequence of this hideous and vile breach of the dignity of the office — withdraw none of my support from his legislative agenda. (If you can call it a legislative agenda and not a ragtag collection of bad ideas quickly stapled together with a dead pigeon in the middle.)

His remark about Mika Brzezinski is absolutely shameful and I do not stand with him, except insofar as it is necessary to stand with him so that we can make sure infants get access to pesticides, as the Founders would have wished.

I am shocked and appalled by his behavior. And I am not afraid to say so. At a fundraiser. For him. Before asking for more donations.

Everything else the president has done is fine — the continued attacks on the media’s legitimacy, the carelessness toward history and diplomacy, the harmful rhetoric about Muslims, the — well, it is all fine. This is too much, though, and I am putting my foot down, here, on my way to vote against icebergs.

. . . By God, this is not what George Washington would have wanted, and I am thus withdrawing my support for everything but the legislation Trump would like us to pass. His words are a shame, but it is too important that we end health insurance for indigent seniors in Ohio.

. . . I join my voice with the voices of my colleagues to say this “isn’t normal,” is “beneath the dignity of the office,” is “inappropriate,” is “unhinged” and “unpresidential.” Also, it is a distraction from the legislation we are now working on to force the elderly to fight each other with tridents in order to obtain prescription medication.

. . . “It is deplorable that the president called all women in America [unprintable] [unspeakables],” I will boldly observe, on my way to vote for his bill to replace the entire social safety net with a dead raccoon in a brown paper bag. “I do not stand with him.”

Not at all. Except in every way that counts.​

This is getting sadder n sadder by the day. The office of POTUS getting dragged into the gutter.

Prestige is diminishing by the day.

Seriously. .. there is something not right with this old geezer:
It scares me that he is the head of the most powerful nation on earth! He has the small finger to touch the Doomsday button after all! Did Stanley Kubrick see it coming half a century ago?:(

On second thought, if he spends so much time arguing with and trashing everybody who is at least half critical of him, he may not have time to destroy the earth!:eek:

Broke all the records for 'amazingness.' Literally everything this man says is BS.

Yah... and only been six months.

What happens to most sane folks after a couple of years of this shite? Will you be broken, angry or ignoring whats going on in DC?

Yah... and only been six months.

What happens to most sane folks after a couple of years of this shite? Will you be broken, angry or ignoring whats going on in DC?

Good question. If this becomes the new normal in America, I'll probably leave (while that's still an option).

Good question. If this becomes the new normal in America, I'll probably leave (while that's still an option).

There is only so much of it people can take. If you just look at our small but intelligent sample size here, the views or reactions have changed gradually -- fairly firmed up now. Two bunker-harden like bubbles. Angerheads versus the Believers

And as I said, its only been six months.

I can see the WC being quite hostile or very silent in a year's time.

The resistance within is starting...
Attacking Sessions -- The Senate Pubs aren't liking this. He's a member of their club, and hasn't done anything except what's legally required (and proper).

Going after Mueller -- That's going to get a bunch of them up in arms. It's Nixonian, and likely to cost them votes. Bigly. But would they move to impeach? Doubtful.

Military policy via Twitter -- This is going over like a turd in the punchbowl. You don't fvck with the military just to score crass political points.

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT