Dec 23, 2020
Fellow Hoosiers

Can we all agree that the new line up should be
Tjd
race
Franklin
Galloway
Lander

and I still aint gave up on Rob or Al tho I know some of yall have. I also not given up on Arch. yes, im a fan of him but can admit that results have not been great so far. but please at least give the man till the end of the season before running him out. Just get into the big Dance and anything can happen. And of right now the experts all of the Hoosiers in the big Dance. Hell, i seen where Iowa lost last night and they is one of the best teams in this entire country.

Only other thing i'd wish Arch would do is maybe have a dress code. Lander and galloway both need haircuts. Lander lookin a bit like Marge simpson and Galloway like the Teen wolf. Im prob older then lots of you but my coach had us all get crew cuts. Look good and play good. Please keep the faith

Last edited:
Fellow Hoosiers

Tjd
race
Franklin
Galloway
Lander

and I still aint gave up on Rob or Al tho I know some of yall have. I also not given up on Arch. yes, im a fan of him but can admit that results have not been great so far. but please at least give the man till the end of the season before running him out. Just get into the big Dance and anything can happen. And of right now the experts all of the Hoosiers in the big Dance. Hell, i seen where Iowa lost last night and they is one of the best teams in this entire country.

Only other thing i'd wish Arch would do is maybe have a dress code. Lander and galloway both need haircuts. Lander lookin a bit like Marge simpson and Galloway like the Teen wolf. Im prob older then lots of you but my coach had us all get crew cuts. Look good and play good. Please keep the faith
Marge Simpson and Teen Wolf. Thanks for the laugh. That’s pretty funny. It’s obvious our offensive production from our guards is torrid. However, plugging in lander in place of RP, in my opinion, is not going to help. Whatever he may give us offensively, he is going to erase it on the defensive side. In archies system, we run our offfense through our defense. I don’t think it would hurt at all to plug trey into the starting lineup. Kid is tough and I personally enjoy his game. He is tough and is always seeming to make plays / things happen. But hey, if we see another performance like we have been seeing all season, then why not change it? That would just be very atypical of Archie to remove a senior and junior guard and replace with freshman. Archie, unless my memory is off, from what I can recall doesn’t change his starting lineups unless forced to due to injury / illness, ie non-performance related.

Last edited:
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
Archie, unless my memory is off, from what I can recall doesn’t change his starting lineups unless forced to due to injury / illness, ie a non-performe related.

That’s how I see it as well. He can change substitution pattern and minutes quite easily.

2 things to keep in mind for the freshmen:

- non conference was short, fewer games and not all those extra cupcakes. So, less time to experiment

- OTOH, there are no true road games. We don’t have to worry about the shock of throwing kids into crazy B10 arenas. With no fans it’s much easier to trust a freshman when they aren’t playing at home.

Fellow Hoosiers

Tjd
race
Franklin
Galloway
Lander

I agree. It may even hurt us in the short term, but I think we have seen the ceiling of Al and RP. I would even use Geronimo and Leal off the bench.
I can be wrong, to me, it seems 20-21 is a mediocre team. Let the fresh play, take some lumps, and look at 21-22.

Fellow Hoosiers

Tjd
race
Franklin
Galloway
Lander

I'm thinking more Troy Bolton from High School Musical

Archie won’t change a freaking thing. This is the most predictable coach we’ve ever had. Same lineup. Same offense. Same defense. Same recruiting strategy. Someone needs to tell this jerk he’s not in Dayton anymore.

Reactions: OrlandoHoosier
Marge Simpson and Teen Wolf. Thanks for the laugh. That’s pretty funny. It’s obvious our offensive production from our guards is torrid. However, plugging in lander in place of RP, in my opinion, is not going to help. Whatever he may give us offensively, he is going to erase it on the defensive side. In archies system, we run our offfense through our defense. I don’t think it would hurt at all to plug trey into the starting lineup. Kid is tough and I personally enjoy his game. He is tough and is always seeming to make plays / things happen. But hey, if we see another performance like we have been seeing all season, then why not change it? That would just be very atypical of Archie to remove a senior and junior guard and replace with freshman. Archie, unless my memory is off, from what I can recall doesn’t change his starting lineups unless forced to due to injury / illness, ie a non-performe related.

What would it hurt? Starting Lander over Phinisee might get us 12th place instead of 11th. Lol. At least Lander might have a future. Phinisee is terrible.

What would it hurt? Starting Lander over Phinisee might get us 12th place instead of 11th. Lol. At least Lander might have a future. Phinisee is terrible.
Other than what I pointed out in defense, if we look ahead, it would likely lead to RP transferring next season. Leaving us with less depth at the guard spot . Perhaps that’s not a bad thing, but in that situation it would make Archie find players for spots he wasn’t prepared for next season. Perhaps that player is Stewart?🤔

Fellow Hoosiers

Tjd
race
Franklin
Galloway
Lander

I think you’ll start to see some tweaking of rotations, but Miller likes to distribute minutes in a pretty set way, and I doubt you’ll see that change. We just don’t have the horses, especially if we get into foul trouble up front and / or teams take away our most reliable offensive weapon. We’re just too thin at too many spots.

Tjd
race
Franklin
Galloway
Lander
Lander is too much of a liability on D, but Galloway should start in place of Durham

Fellas, who starts doesn’t matter it’s about minutes. Only guy not getting many minutes is Lander and we still suck.

Other than what I pointed out in defense, if we look ahead, it would likely lead to RP transferring next season. Leaving us with less depth at the guard spot . Perhaps that’s not a bad thing, but in that situation it would make Archie find players for spots he wasn’t prepared for next season. Perhaps that player is Stewart?🤔
Remember we add Stewart.

we need shooting.

i'd like to see Leal at least given a chance.

one thing Knight did that i liked was give all incoming players meaningful minutes in meaningful games early on, to see how they performed in games rather than just practice, and not have them shell shocked if thrust into a big situation..

some guys play better when the curtain goes up, and some the opposite, and good to know who is who.

we also need great free throw shooters on the floor at winning time, which is a huge weakness for us now.

Phinisee transferring is a “win.” I wish half the roster would leave because it would force Archie to take Grad Transfers that would probably be a lot better.

we need shooting.

one thing Knight did that i liked was give all incoming players meaningful minutes in meaningful games early on, to see how they performed in games rather than just practice, and not have them shell shocked if thrust into a big situation..

some guys play better when the curtain goes up, and some the opposite, and good to know who is who.

we also need great free throw shooters on the floor at winning time, which is a huge weakness for us now.

Knight. Now that’s a basketball coach.

we need shooting.

Have you not seen what young guys do in early games? pUKes are 1-5.
Also those early games you talk about with CBK were non-conference games against weak teams.

Reactions: proper golfer
Welp it happened. Without RP, the pace was fantastic and the ball was moving fast. RP comes in and the game slows and we see the all too familiar stand around the three point line and pass the ball with no intention but to simply pass the ball game. Hate to pick on him as I do believe he has so much more to bring than what we are seeing. But he needs to stay on the bench until he shows he can make the team better.

Welp it happened. Without RP, the pace was fantastic and the ball was moving fast. RP comes in and the game slows and we see the all too familiar stand around the three point line and pass the ball with no intention but to simply pass the ball game. Hate to pick on him as I do believe he has so much more to bring than what we are seeing. But he needs to stay on the bench until he shows he can make the team better.

Mental block.... no confidence

Reactions: T.M.P.
Mental block.... no confidence
I hope that's all it is. While we are at it, take AD out of the game too and put in any other player today. He is a weak defender and cannot get to the rim without falling down. He should have been pulled after his dumba** and 1 foul.

Have you not seen what young guys do in early games? pUKes are 1-5.
Also those early games you talk about with CBK were non-conference games against weak teams.

obviously you didn't follow bball back then.

IU didn't sched like they do now.

like i said, meaningful minutes in meaningful games.

Archie won’t change a freaking thing. This is the most predictable coach we’ve ever had. Same lineup. Same offense. Same defense. Same recruiting strategy. Someone needs to tell this jerk he’s not in Dayton anymore.
You got that right! Archie making the necessary changes needed would be like admitting he was wrong and I don't think we will ever see that out of him. BYW, you forgot same press conferences too. I am tired of his BS and wish he would go somewhere else.

Fellow Hoosiers

Tjd
race
Franklin
Galloway
Lander

I don't care if they grow their hair to their ass if we win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT