ADVERTISEMENT

New IU podcast with Mike DeBord...

Friends with Hep - he's OK in my book.

If Karma or guardian angels exist, Hep is ours. I really believe that.

You all will think I'm crazy, but in the second half of the 2007 Bucket game, a lone dove flew from the north end zone, above our seats on Entry 9, Row 45, to the south end - the same direction we would kick the winning FG.. I looked at my nephew and said it's a sign from Hep - we're going to win. We did.

Great interview. I just feel like the pieces are in place.

When first hired, he faced some "ageism" questions. But I think he's proven himself very capable, and the trust Coach Allen has given him has to build confidence, and the new Offensive coaches seem very good. I think the Xs and Os will be very strong. But if being honest: the question marks are around: O-line effectiveness, QB play and what RB's will step up. I have good faith in TE's and WR's. Here's hoping they can make it happen in 2017!

Friends with Hep - he's OK in my book.

If Karma or guardian angels exist, Hep is ours. I really believe that.

You all will think I'm crazy, but in the second half of the 2007 Bucket game, a lone dove flew from the north end zone, above our seats on Entry 9, Row 45, to the south end - the same direction we would kick the winning FG.. I looked at my nephew and said it's a sign from Hep - we're going to win. We did.

Great interview. I just feel like the pieces are in place.

During that PU game, me and my family made our way down from our seats, went under the stands, through the press room and out onto the field for the last 10 minutes of the game. The press were showing my father their press passes when they passed by him but he was 3 sheets to the wind. He would just nod with approval and wave them on. He went on to hug Hep's wife as soon as the game ended and everyone started storming the field. It was a funny 20 minute span in my life but definitely something I won't forget.

Reactions: ESalum86 and RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT