ADVERTISEMENT

New Heights and Weights

I'd love that but I'm seeing late first round. Either way an NBA player.
Ok, then he will have no problem guarding Trey Kaufman then. Good to hear.

When I think NBA wing, I'm thinking Bobby Wilkerson, Calbert Cheaney, or OG Anunoby. And all of those guys won Big Ten Championships.

Last edited:
Ok, then he will have no problem guarding Trey Kaufman then. Good to hear.

When I think NBA wing, I'm thinking Bobby Wilkerson, Calbert Cheaney, or OG Anunoby. And all of those guys won Big Ten Championships.
Woody?
Doubt Mbako will be guarding TKR much, except on help. Guessing that will fall to Reanu/Ballo, although Mbako might be equipped to do it.

Reactions: Cavanagh
I recognize I am not a great evaluator of individual talent, but I have not seen anything about MM that makes me think he is an NBA pro.
He started hitting open, stand still 3 pt shots last season. But the rest of his game needs serious development to be in the NBA.
I hope you are correct and he proves me wrong. A better offensive scheme from the coaching staff would help with that.

Reactions: ulrey
MM improved quite a bit last season. It will be very interesting to see what he's like after six more months of work. Obviously, he was a terrible defender to start last year -- so slow with no instincts. He was getting closer to serviceable at the end of the year, but he needs more work. His size and shooting ability (even if not all the way realized) should work for the league.

I think he will make it to the NBA eventually. Could be end of this season, or maybe he needs another. Just depends on the improvement trajectory. If he goes pro he needs a decent contract to top the NIL he gets -- two-way deals aren't close, and if he is improving at IU he may as well stay until his contract prospects are better.

To be clear I'm just talking about getting to the NBA, having much of a career is whole other thing and he needs to get a lot better to do that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT