ADVERTISEMENT

New FBI Investigation

This one is only over 300 million, not 12 million. 300 million is peanuts, right?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/30/politics/whitefish-energy-holdings-contract-fbi/index.html

Mr. Zinke better have a lawyer on call. Looks like he's next up for the slammer.

And we’re supposed to believe the owner of Whitefish and Zinke are only “acquaintances”? The owner of a business and an R congressman from the same town of 7,000 people are only “acquaintances”? I suppose these guys are used to people buying bridges.

And what the hell is up with that provision in the contract about the government not being able to look into expenses or profits of the company? I tell ya, for a party that likes to investigate others over and over and over, they sure don’t like being investigated. I don’t care if that sort of provision is a common thing in government contracts, there’s no way that should ever be in there. I don’t give a damn who has the contract.

Reactions: cosmickid
This one is only over 300 million, not 12 million. 300 million is peanuts, right?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/30/politics/whitefish-energy-holdings-contract-fbi/index.html

Mr. Zinke better have a lawyer on call. Looks like he's next up for the slammer.
How could Zinke possibly be able to get the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority to award a contract to that company? Did the federal government have role at all in that contracting process? Haven't seen it in any article on this. There may well be some wrongdoing here, and if there was, I hope they find it. However, there is zero evidence that I've seen that the wrongdoing is by anyone in the federal government. If there is I hope they find it, but right now you appear to be engaged in partisan wishful thinking.

How could Zinke possibly be able to get the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority to award a contract to that company? Did the federal government have role at all in that contracting process? Haven't seen it in any article on this. There may well be some wrongdoing here, and if there was, I hope they find it. However, there is zero evidence that I've seen that the wrongdoing is by anyone in the federal government. If there is I hope they find it, but right now you appear to be engaged in partisan wishful thinking.

Apparently he's already under congressional investigation for his spending habits.

https://thinkprogress.org/zinke-scandals-papertrail-26c2e725f345/

About this power company, he is neighbors of the owner and his own son even worked for one of this guy's companies before. They are family friends. And we are supposed to believe he had no role in this? Please explain, how exactly does a 2 man operation land a contract of this magnitude? The owner was also a major Trump donor. I'll bet it comes out that Zinke introduced this corp to PR officials and we can guess what kind of shenanigans may have taken place in order to land the contract with a no-bid process.

Apparently he's already under congressional investigation for his spending habits.

https://thinkprogress.org/zinke-scandals-papertrail-26c2e725f345/

About this power company, he is neighbors of the owner and his own son even worked for one of this guy's companies before. They are family friends. And we are supposed to believe he had no role in this? Please explain, how exactly does a 2 man operation land a contract of this magnitude? The owner was also a major Trump donor. I'll bet it comes out that Zinke introduced this corp to PR officials and we can guess what kind of shenanigans may have taken place in order to land the contract with a no-bid process.
That's a heck of a coincidence, but how could he possibly make, or even influence, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority to award that contract? At this point thinking there must be a connection is just wishful thinking. If Zinke has done anything illegal or unethical concerning anything I hope he pays the appropriate price. I don't care whether he's a D or an R.

By the way, no bid contracts are common in emergencies. The regular government contracting process takes weeks to many months (I've been involved in several) and doesn't work for emergencies.

That's a heck of a coincidence, but how could he possibly make, or even influence, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority to award that contract? At this point thinking there must be a connection is just wishful thinking. If Zinke has done anything illegal or unethical concerning anything I hope he pays the appropriate price. I don't care whether he's a D or an R.

Well, we will find out soon enough. Perhaps, Zinke connected the two and then money/benefits were passed under the table to some Puerto Rico officials. That's the FBIs job to find out.

By the way, no bid contracts are common in emergencies. The regular government contracting process takes weeks to many months (I've been involved in several) and doesn't work for emergencies.

Fair. But this kind of emergency contract would normally go to people who have handled these jobs before and have the manpower to do it? Not a 2 man shop, who up until their firing only had 350 people on the ground. They were completely unqualified and the contract prices were exorbitant. Something smells from high hell.

Watchdog slams Zinke for failing to document travel
The interior secretary has been asked for documentation for his and his wife's travel.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/16/ryan-zinke-wife-travel-investigation-167054

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke failed to properly document his travel, the agency's watchdog said Thursday, preventing it from determining whether he had violated government rules.

Zinke has come under scrutiny for mixing taxpayer-funded travel with political activities, as well as taking military or private planes rather than flying commercial, and the investigation by Interior's Office of Inspector General seeks to clarify whether all procedures were correctly followed.

Last edited:

This is the same guy who supposedly was booted out of the SEALs for being creative with his expense reports.

He should have been a LEOPARD instead.

Before you get worked up in a frenzy, there is quite a bit missing in the story to even draw a conclusion. I have signed many a contract with the Government. We don’t know if this was a sole source contract, open bid....so many ways this could be explained..... furthermore, as far as the price goes, I am sure that the government had no idea what it would cost to repair the work on the island. Most of the time you will not until you get in the field and start pulling things out. In the end, a SMART contractor is not going to allow himself to get into a contract that requires him to front the cost of the repair and then sue the government for payment only to negotiate 75% of your costs being reimbursed..... a contractor in the past would do that because they knew they would get paid. Not anymore.

Reactions: Lucy01
I don' t know the contract worked. I can tell that the administration failed. Jose Garces provided almost more meals in the first four weeks than the US government.

The contractor delivered 50k meals out 30 MM. That is 30 MMq

I do know that, initially the repair contract was signed before the landfall

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT