ADVERTISEMENT

new commit

Love the Hoosier Huddle because they miraculously managed to get the state of Indiana logo centered...;)

Does anyone know if Powell becomes part of the TEAM: A) immediately; B) at the start of the Spring semester; or C) not until the start of Fall Camp...?

Last edited:
Powell is a very good get for IU OL with his size and experience. It will be an adjustment for him playing in the B1G with the size on opposing DLs he will face. Now we just need Cronk to come back and play the open guard spot to solidify the 2020 OL.

Reactions: Sassy61 and Jssanto
I went and watched some Stanford highlights trying to catch his #55. He played well on the few highlights I saw. Can anyone dig up footage of him?? Thanks!

Reactions: vesuvius13
Powell is a very good get for IU OL with his size and experience. It will be an adjustment for him playing in the B1G with the size on opposing DLs he will face. Now we just need Cronk to come back and play the open guard spot to solidify the 2020 OL.
Interesting that the article mentioned we lost Stepanakert and Littlejohn to graduation. They did not mention Cronk. I doubt the article has inside info, but I hope it means they know Cronk coming is back

Reactions: vesuvius13 and td75
Interesting that the article mentioned we lost Stepanakert and Littlejohn to graduation. They did not mention Cronk. I doubt the article has inside info, but I hope it means they know Cronk coming is back

I just think most people assume it's more likely than not that Cronk returns. We could be wrong of course but I have blindly slotted him in on the OL next year. It just seems like too much fun in B-Town to want to leave the way he did. He can also drastically improve his draft stock by showing how great of a guard he is going to be.

Last edited:
I just think most people assume it's more likely than not that Cronk returns. We could be wrong of course but I have blindly slotted him in on the OL next year. It just seems like too much fun in B-Town to want to leave the way he did. He can also drastically improve his draft stock by showing how great of a guard he is going to be.
If his position in the NFL is guard I would completely agree with coming back for one year. Especially since we might be even better next year. On the other hand if the NFL tells him he is a second round draft pick now the money may be hard to turn down

If his position in the NFL is guard I would completely agree with coming back for one year. Especially since we might be even better next year. On the other hand if the NFL tells him he is a second round draft pick now the money may be hard to turn down

He isn’t a 2nd round pick right now. He wouldn’t even be drafted.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack

Oh for sure but.....he wasn't projected to go in round 2 before the injury. The highest I had seen was round 3 by one person before the season and most were round 5 or later. With the injury, I am guessing a round 5 pick would be the absolute best case scenario but not necessarily likely. We'll see though, if he is able to get the looks higher, he will get that feedback and then for sure he should leave.

Love the Hoosier Huddle because they miraculously managed to get the state of Indiana logo centered...;)

Does anyone know if Powell becomes part of the TEAM: A) immediately; B) at the start of the Spring semester; or C) not until the start of Fall Camp...?
I saw a misshapen Indiana. Looking at that is like hearing someone say University of Indiana - it’s grating. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT