ADVERTISEMENT

New Coach Choices

Listen shit stain. I paid for every dime of my college, I have been working since 12, and am sick of old white racist POS like you.

Crean in the stretch of 3 years had around 10 player incidents resulting in arrest. Every other week on ESPN.com was another headline of IU players getting arrested. Hanner got arrested multiple times, once for driving the wrong way down Kirkwood while absolutely hammered and could have killed your grand daughter. Emmit and Davis played drunk frogger on 17th street and they were close to killing one another while drunk. Hanner after getting kicked out, came back and continued to party with the new recruits (TB) and got arrested again. How bout the WHITE EYE that Crean left? Where is the rage over that?

Not one ****ing arrest under Sampson. You think we aren't gonna read about Hanner getting deported soon? Bassett went down the wrong road AFTER he left IU, while he was here he got high and won basketball games. Didn't undermine his coach, that were the players under Crean. Like your captain (yogi) trying to get in to Kilroys underage little 5 week. NO RESPECT for the university or coach.

Where is your rage for the thugs under Crean you racist POS.
What did Yogi do?

I could have spelled it out more I guess. Older white people that are racist towards blacks I believe deserve to die.

How exactly is calling out a scum bag coach who brought in dirt ball players racist? If it makes you feel better I think Urban Meyer and Art Briles are absolute scum bags as well. Being a scum bag isn't limited to race. You're the perfect example.

What did Yogi do?

Went to Kilroys during little 5 week and got arrested for using a fake ID.

How much do you have to not give a F about your coach to go out to the biggest bar in Bloomington when the entire campus knows who you are and how old you are?

Reactions: Remain
I could have spelled it out more I guess. Older white people that are racist towards blacks I believe deserve to die.

If you want to say that racist people should die, then say that racist people should die.

But you make a fool of yourself when you decry (what you perceive to be) racism in one sentence -- and then go on to wish death upon a race of people.

when people do what you are doing it is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stretch to try to act like hypocrisy.

What exactly am I doing....other than pointing out the comically absurd juxtaposition of the two thoughts you expressed?

They are just getting away from the point at hand, and this is there way of arguing it. Really dislike this play, and happens a lot today.

Dude, you're the one who brought race into this. Nobody else here did. You realize that, don't you?

I guess you're just assuming other people really had race in mind when talking about Kevin Wilson, Kelvin Sampson, and others -- but just weren't actually saying it. But that's (at best) awfully presumptuous, isn't it? Don't inject race into something where it wasn't an issue and then go on a rant about racists.....particularly while wishing death upon a race.

Did you have yourself a bender last night, or something?

Tried to get into a bar before he was 21. Right up there with trafficking cocaine and being shot at a gang-affiliated party while in high school.

Do you have any idea what Trafficing means old man???? You think Eli had a few lbs of cocain up his ass coming from Columbia???? Jesus you are stupid and would have no clue the difference between a lb of sugar and cocaine. Stop throwing these words around like you have a clue.

If you want to say that racist people should die, then say that racist people should die.

But you make a fool of yourself when you decry (what you perceive to be) racism in one sentence -- and then go on to wish death upon a race of people.

What exactly am I doing....other than pointing out the comically absurd juxtaposition of the two thoughts you expressed?

Dude, you're the one who brought race into this. Nobody else here did. You realize that, don't you?

I guess you're just assuming other people really had race in mind when talking about Kevin Wilson, Kelvin Sampson, and others -- but just weren't actually saying it. But that's (at best) awfully presumptuous, isn't it? Don't inject race into something where it wasn't an issue and then go on a rant about racists.....particularly while wishing death upon a race.

Did you have yourself a bender last night, or something?
Over the past few months, the poster I was referring to has displayed multiple displays of racism. Particuallty when talking about Sampson. The criticism he gives him and his players are so blatantly racist it deserved to be called out. I also feel there is a large portion of the IU fanbase that has similar views. I really get annoyed because I was at IU at the time of Sampson and knew almost all the players. To act like what they were doing on and off the court was worse than what Creans players were doing is ludacris. To call them thugs and scum is wrong. Very wrong.

Do you have any idea what Trafficing means old man???? You think Eli had a few lbs of cocain up his ass coming from Columbia???? Jesus you are stupid and would have no clue the difference between a lb of sugar and cocaine. Stop throwing these words around like you have a clue.

You have your players mixed up dude. Bud Mackey, an IU recruit under Sampson, committed to IU while facing felony cocaine trafficking charges. He's currently serving 15-20 in Federal prison.

Eli Holman was the kid from California who punched out a referee during a game and was suspended his senior season who was later shot during a drive by.

But yes, lets compare that to someone trying to get into a bar underage and some drinking and driving incidents and pass it off as racism for not making the correlation.

You're almost too dumb to argue with.

How much do you have to not give a F about your coach to go out to the biggest bar in Bloomington when the entire campus knows who you are and how old you are?

Seriously?

I think you'd have a hard time finding somebody -- athlete or not -- who didn't do one thing or another to drink underage (or at least go to a bar looking for fun and companionship) while they were in college. Tim Tebow, maybe?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Seriously?

I think you'd have a hard time finding somebody -- athlete or not -- who didn't do one thing or another to drink underage (or at least go to a bar looking for fun and companionship) while they were in college. Tim Tebow, maybe?
Yogi was on the front page of the college bball section of ESPN.com for his arrest, along with all the other arrests we had in that time frame. It was easily the worse case of arrests by any team in the country and I dont think any school since has had anything close to it either. I am on ESPN.com every day, there are arrests stories from time to time on there, but nowhere near what we had going on at drunkU under Crean.

Over the past few months, the poster I was referring to has displayed multiple displays of racism. Particuallty when talking about Sampson. The criticism he gives him and his players are so blatantly racist it deserved to be called out.

Can you provide a couple examples where his racism was put on display? I mean, I don't have any more tolerance for racism than anybody else does. But it's not the kind of thing where you can just make an assumption.....and being critical of a coach or anybody else who happens to be black (RIP George Carlin) doesn't clear the bar.

Over the past few months, the poster I was referring to has displayed multiple displays of racism. Particuallty when talking about Sampson. The criticism he gives him and his players are so blatantly racist it deserved to be called out. I also feel there is a large portion of the IU fanbase that has similar views. I really get annoyed because I was at IU at the time of Sampson and knew almost all the players. To act like what they were doing on and off the court was worse than what Creans players were doing is ludacris. To call them thugs and scum is wrong. Very wrong.
You called him racist for pointing out the wrongdoings of Sampson players, but then you pointed out the wrongdoings of Crean players (all of whom were African American).

The one good thing about Archie is that he doesn’t have a culture of drugs or arrests that the previous two coaches had.

People tend to forget Herbert was the IU President then and clearly was in Davis' corner. This was not a cut and dried situation. Public perception may agree with you, but it certainly wasn't a sure thing.

Two totally different situations. Would be interesting if we ever get to hear Wilson's point of view of how things went down.

That's clever. I'll have to remember that one. It still doesn't change the fact Davis was not fired from IU and stepped down on his own accord. As I replied above, with Herbert around at that time, MD may have lasted another season or more, despite what the fans wanted or believed.
It was a sure thing. He was leaving. He chose his mode of exit. Adam Herbert’s skin color wasn’t germane to that situation.

Can you provide a couple examples where his racism was put on display? I mean, I don't have any more tolerance for racism than anybody else does. But it's not the kind of thing where you can just make an assumption.....and being critical of a coach or anybody else who happens to be black (RIP George Carlin) doesn't clear the bar.

I can give you a lot of examples about his views on Sampson compared to other coaches we have had. I dont think I have heard him speak on Davis. Good point on an isolated incident, I could be reaching there, and just assuming that the reason he is overly critical of Sampson is because he is black. Is he racist? Ya, Id bet on it, and you probably would to if you had a gun to your head. But, in Indiana there has been and still is a ton of racism out there about Sampson in particular. So it can be said to people in general that feel that way if you like. That guy deserves any insult flung his way, dont feel bad for him.

This is the furthest Sean has had to reach since his old elephant walking days at the frat.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
I can give you a lot of examples about his views on Sampson compared to other coaches we have had. I dont think I have heard him speak on Davis. Good point on an isolated incident, I could be reaching there, and just assuming that the reason he is overly critical of Sampson is because he is black. Is he racist? Ya, Id bet on it, and you probably would to if you had a gun to your head. But, in Indiana there has been and still is a ton of racism out there about Sampson in particular. So it can be said to people in general that feel that way if you like. That guy deserves any insult flung his way, dont feel bad for him.

I'm overly critical of Sampson because he was a dirt bag who set IU's program back a decade. He should have never been hired in the first place. Forgive me for calling a spade a spade.

I'm overly critical of Sampson because he was a dirt bag who set IU's program back a decade. He should have never been hired in the first place. Forgive me for calling a spade a spade.

I mean if that doest clear it up for you @crazed_hoosier2

Just answer me yes or no all I need from you Crazed. I have a gun to your head you get it wrong you die. Is he racist?

That way you cant take it as being racist against old white folks. but lets be real, when people do what you are doing it is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stretch to try to act like hypocrisy. They are just getting away from the point at hand, and this is there way of arguing it. Really dislike this play, and happens a lot today.
You must be a dumbass Nigerian! Outside of sports what do black people as a whole bring to society? I’ll tell you, nothing good!!! The world would be a better place without them!!! I feel bad for the food o es but way way way too many bad ones. Small percent of the population but commit all the violent crimes and most live off the government and steal. IM me cav if you ever wanna meet up sometime to “talk”

Oh and @crazed_hoosier2 exhibit A of the racism that still runs rapid through Indiana. Some dude just made a sn and said that..... Holly piss.

Even before I got the "(RIP George Carlin)" part I read happens to be black in his voice lol

Just answer me yes or no all I need from you Crazed. I have a gun to your head you get it wrong you die. Is he racist?
If he were racist wouldn’t he be railing on Davis as well? The majority of the IU fan base (and college basketball in general) agree that Sampson is a sleazeball. He’s in the same category as Rick Pitino, Greg Marshall, and Bruce Pearl.

I’m not Crazed, but I’ll answer your question. I have seen nothing from CG to suggest he is racist. I have seen racist comments from you in this thread however by suggesting that all “old white people” need to die.

I don’t know him. So I don’t know.

But that comment certainly isn’t inculpatory evidence. How do you think it is....because he used the phrase “calling a spade a spade”? You realize that’s an old turn of phrase that has absolutely zero to do with race, right?

Do you also think that the ancient Hebrew word “amen” is gender exclusive?

So if he’s critical of Sampson, but defends Wilson, that’s ipso facto because of their respective races?

What if the reverse were true?

And to be fair, I'm not defending Wilson's behavior or character, simply defending that he was a "botched" hire. He did elevate Indiana's football program and I don't think you can argue otherwise. But his forced resignation was warranted and shouldn't be defended.

If he were racist wouldn’t he be railing on Davis as well? The majority of the IU fan base (and college basketball in general) agree that Sampson is a sleazeball. He’s in the same category as Rick Pitino, Greg Marshall, and Bruce Pearl.

I’m not Crazed, but I’ll answer your question. I have seen nothing from CG to suggest he is racist. I have seen racist comments from you in this thread however by suggesting that all “old white people” need to die.

What is there to say about Davis? Nice guy, admired the tough position he was put in but ultimately proved to be in over his head and was subsequently fired. I didn't like nor necessarily agree with his coaching style, but he didn't embarrass the university the way Sampson did.

And to be fair, I'm not defending Wilson's behavior or character, simply defending that he was a "botched" hire. He did elevate Indiana's football program and I don't think you can argue otherwise. But his forced resignation was warranted and shouldn't be defended.

So noted.

Speaking of botched things, this thread has crossed the threshold. I think I’ll bow out of this circus. To be honest, Cavanagh should probably get a timeout from the mods. It’s beyond the pale to be slandering other posters the way he did you here.

But that comment certainly isn’t inculpatory evidence. How do you think it is....because he used the phrase “calling a spade a spade”? You realize that’s an old turn of phrase that has absolutely zero to do with race, right?

Who uses call a spade a spade in that post?????? You have to be kidding me right?

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
What is there to say about Davis? Nice guy, admired the tough position he was put in but ultimately proved to be in over his head and was subsequently fired. I didn't like nor necessarily agree with his coaching style, but he didn't embarrass the university the way Sampson did.

Did Crean embarrass the University like Sampson?

C'mon. Asking Sean to do anything involving some kind of critical thinking is like attempting to do a puzzle in the dark.

Waste of time.

This whole thread is fantasy.

We have multiple votes for another fake orange used car salesman, then an overrated chronic drunk that just got fired from a mid major for being a raving asshole, a coach who bought his players really ugly prostitutes that was fired for cheating, and a legacy rape enabler whose personality is so toxic, unbearable and narcissistic that he was fired for it.

*eyeroll*

The more games we lose the dumber this fanbase becomes. Miller better get his sh*t together or these guys will need drool bibs and safety helmets to post, if they don't already.
lol !!!!

Who uses call a spade a spade in that post?????? You have to be kidding me right?

No, I’m not kidding you.

Listen, just because you think you detect a veiled racist meaning in something doesn’t mean that meaning was being conveyed. It could’ve been, to be sure. But you have to keep in mind that not everybody sees race — or, at least, has that in the front of their minds — when they look at people.

If you do, I guess that’s fine. But that would explain why you make a connection between his choice of words there and race — because you’re thinking “black guy” when he mentions Sampson, when he very likely wasn’t thinking that at all.

One of the most common misconceptions in mankind, IMO, is the presumption that other people think the same way we do.

Did Crean embarrass the University like Sampson?

Crean's demeaner and brazen behavior on the sideline were embarrassing enough. But unlike Sampson, Crean's players went to class, graduated, and a few alcohol related incidents doesn't change that fact.

Speaking of botched things, this thread has crossed the threshold. I think I’ll bow out of this circus. To be honest, Cavanagh should probably get a timeout from the mods. It’s beyond the pale to be slandering other posters the way he did you here.

Appreciate the support. Fortunately, I don't think many, if any, take anything Sean says seriously. And why would they? Dude is an abject clown who doesn't know his ass from his face. He'll grow up one day. Maybe.

If you had any insight into the AD, it was very clearly a botched hire in that the very things that led to his separation from the University were widely known to be issues at his time of hire. Not sure how you missed this, other than you didn’t follow the program closely or have any knowledge of the college football coaching world.

Crean's demeaner and brazen behavior on the sideline were embarrassing enough. But unlike Sampson, Crean's players went to class, graduated, and a few alcohol related incidents doesn't change that fact.
Someone nearly died on his watch, too.

Even before I got the "(RIP George Carlin)" part I read happens to be black in his voice lol

I don’t think it’s possible to use that phrase without tipping your hat to Carlin. I get why it exists — and Carlin was right that it’s utterly obnoxious. But I’m afraid it’s sometimes necessary in this Orwellian world.

I mean, there is somebody here actually suggesting — with a straight face — that using a phrase “calling a spade a spade” in the context of a black person is necessarily indicative of racist intent. That’s where we’ve gotten.

It’s like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone sometimes.

Anyone that uses call a spade a spade in a race debate about a black person is either the most dense person alive or a blatant racist. You choose.

Sean....this wasn't a race debate until you made it one. Period. That's your own doing. Sampson is what he is, a dirt bag who has left multiple schools on NCAA probation. That is fact. His skin color is irrelevant. Bruce Pearl, a white coach, is about to lead a second school to NCAA sanctions. I too think he is a dirt bag with the color of his skin being irrelevant. Hope this clears things up for you. But I doubt it.

Anyone that uses call a spade a spade in a race debate about a black person is either the most dense person alive or a blatant racist. You choose.

False choice.

There are two other options.

3) It might also be a person who literally makes no connection between the two things, isn’t obsessed with race, but isn’t generally dense.

4) It might also be a person who isn’t racist, is aware of the accidental connection between that phrase and a racist epithet, has no racist intent at all, but still likes tweaking people who are going to leap to that tortured conclusion and go bonkers over it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT