ADVERTISEMENT

Need Advice on putting a cat down (NSFL)

MillerTime

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2003
39°10,- 86°31
Please do not read this if you are a lil bitch...

I have an outdoor cat that comes and goes as she pleases. Yesterday my Honey Boo Boo comes limping home with what appears to be a hip or leg injury. She cant climb up on the couch or anything higher than a couple inches off the ground. She just sits in the same position all day and cries (wails) whenever she gets up and tries to walk. I need to figure out a humane way to put her down without spending hundred($) at the Vet. When I put my dog down last year it cost me over $900 (xRays, morphine, etc). Is there an inexpensive but humane method?
This may upset some of you, (I already gave you fair warning) .... but last night I tried suffocating her by placing the cat in a trash bag and tied it shut. Of course she screamed the whole time and I felt horrible for doing it. This morning I go outside to the trash bin only to find out she escaped the trash bag (teeth and nails, I guess) and was just sitting there staring at me. Now I feel even worse, but kinda relieved at the same time. I just gave her some food but she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday morning. I wont let her back inside the house and she's just sitting at the back door meow'ing. I thought about giving her to the Humane Society but they wont take her. Another thought is *gasp* shovel-to-the-back-of-the-head but I don't think I can live with that. I'll gladly give her up to anyone of you who wants a sweet, loving cat with a messed-up leg...

This post was edited on 11/21 1:15 PM by Mystery Donor

Assuming you are serious, wtf is the matter with you?

Euthanasia is $140 most places. Drop her off at my house and I'll take care of it humanely for you.

Jesus dude.

Besides, your cat probably has a very treatable issue.

This post was edited on 11/21 12:53 PM by UTFO

Holy Chit!

Are you seriously asking this question? If you're not careful, that cat my kill you in your sleep.

Pony up and take it to the vet...

Not sure why the Humane Society wouldn't take her...

they get a lot of sick animals. I would take her to the vet if I was closer, probably a condition that could be fixed with some vet care.

trust me, I already had nightmares last night

I woke up and checked the back door thinking she came back. When I saw her alive this morning my heart dropped

Why don't you take her to a vet and get her treated???

Get Care Credit. It's 12 months, no interest. For all you know she might just need anti-inflammatories. Talk to UTFO. His wife will give you some good advice. In the mean time, split an Ibuprofen tablet in half, give her one in the morning and one in the evening.

You're going to kill your cat, when all she might have is a ligament/tendon damage, a pinched nerve or something going on in her hip.

People go to jail

for the stuff you describe doing.

Sometimes the OTF is a great place to hang out. This is not one of those times. Take your pet to an animal hospital and pay the toll - as a pet owner, that's your responsibility.

I'm gonna go throw up. F'in people.

Chit, after all you have done or thought of, why not just put the

damn thing in the microwave.....

Just give the cat some time. Animals heal a lot faster than humans. If the cat is still in pain all of today, then give it some meds.

Reactions: MillerTime
her left hind leg is pointing outward instead of forward

and she's been in obvious pain for the past 24 hours. She may have internal bleeding, as I touched her tummy she attacked me. Usually I stroke her and she purrrs like good ol pussy. When I do it now she's just stoic... no real reaction and she bites & hisses at me if I go anywhere below her shoulders. I think she may have been hit or run over?

I don't know how much clearer I can say this, I'm not spending gobs of money on her. I got her free and can give her up without a blink

This post was edited on 11/21 6:35 PM by Mystery Donor

"I got her free & can give her up without a blink." You sound like a pimp.*

nt

You should post this on Facebook.

And see how long it takes for an angry mob to from outside your house.

He knows not to put the pussy on a pedestal

party0010.r191677.gif

I am with you I value my pet...

like a family memeber/ kid. However I have growen up with farmers and they have a different take on how they views pets and animals. Most will do everything they can to keep them healthy but if once becomes very sick they don't waste to much time to go grab the shot gun/ rifle. Heck most would kill their dog if it killed any of their live stock. I do understand where some people come from but blatant abuse is uncalled for.

Yep. I worked with a guy who grew up on a farm.

He told me that when he was a kid if their cat had a litter his job was to "put the kittens in a gunny sack and throw them into the river." Made it sound like a normal chore on the farm.

Are you an idiot?

Cat's have 9 lives. You have to kill the other 8 now.
chairshot.r191677.gif

f'n lowhangingfruit.

I guess so

My thinkin was I'm a rookie at this killin biz, so maybe some veteran rednecks on the OTF would be able to help me out... boy was I wrong

UTFO, if you paypal money to an address titled boudit00, there will

be scammers on this board every day with tales of sick cats. Hell, this is 2 in 2 days already.

Come to think of it, I have a pet giraffe that needs a $15K neck surgery. Any takers?

Red Box. A lot of CVS, Walgreens, McDonalds, etc. have them.

Just follow the instructions for Return.

On the bright side, you're about to get paid. Don't forget to add in a

little extra for your "pain and suffering." Or just tell UTFO it's for your "loss of consortium." He's a lawyer; he will know what your talking about.

Put it in a bag (no rice), along with a couple bricks.

Tie bag. Throw bag with cat and bricks inside it into river of your choosing. Problem solved. I would never have the heart to do something like that but after what you've tried, it is probably the most humane thing to do other than take it to the vet.

This post was edited on 11/21 1:26 PM by IU40IU

The humane society will euthanize her for $15 or so.*

d

Do You Know Any Serial Killers?

They love animals...sort of.
Sorry for the luck.
Take it to a vet.
I'll give $20 to The Cause - for the fix or the put down.
Hate to see animals suffer.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Yeah, but who could he mail it to, who would kill it for him?

C'mon...think!
mad0018.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT