ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
I would say this is our best remaining chance for a road win on paper. Given the four games after are brutal its almost a must win imo if we hope to make the tourney. I just don't see us winning out at home so we have to get a road win or two.

I would say this is our best remaining chance for a road win on paper. Given the four games after are brutal its almost a must win imo if we hope to make the tourney. I just don't see us winning out at home so we have to get a road win or two.

Unless we play them like we did at home. If that happens we lose by 20 all day long. Nebraska scored 90 damn points on our court.

Reactions: cryano

Starting with NU, we mostly play 2 home then 2 away, and so on. Thus, 2 of our next 3 are at home, with Nebraska being the easiest road game we have this year. So, yes, it’s our best chance of a road game on paper.

it’s still looking like this team will have a better conference record than last year. And last years team was awful but managed to win at the Breslin Center (toughest game period on paper).

This is such a frustrating team with its Jekyll and Hyde personality. Consistency will be key for how the conference shakes out. We should win the next 3 games. It would suck not to.

Starting with NU, we mostly play 2 home then 2 away, and so on. Thus, 2 of our next 3 are at home, with Nebraska being the easiest road game we have this year. So, yes, it’s our best chance of a road game on paper.

it’s still looking like this team will have a better conference record than last year. And last years team was awful but managed to win at the Breslin Center (toughest game period on paper).

This is such a frustrating team with its Jekyll and Hyde personality. Consistency will be key for how the conference shakes out. We should win the next 3 games. It would suck not to.
I just don't see IU as a NCAA Tournament team after last night's dismal offensive performance.

Reactions: Florida4IU
Nebraska has a better coach than we do. This IU team is an NIT team. You can kiss Lander and Kaufman goodbye.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Our UConn win was basically a road win, but seems like a long time ago. The mental toughness of this team has taken a hit for the second year in a row. Nebraska is a must win or this team could repeat last years meltdown of effort and confidence.

Nebraska will show Archie's ability to lead this program. If he can't get this team ready and have them show up for a winnable game, his prospects for the future are dimmed.

The president of the I Association texted my son as the game ended that Archie must go. She was a member of one of the early women's teams that made a Final 4 appearance in the 70's. We have become good friends with her and her husband over the years and shares tickets with us when she can't go. She has said that Glass leaving would not prevent the school from removing Archie if the year goes bad. Major donors and boosters have come forward with the message that they are prepared to assume the buyout this year if necessary.

This won't be like UE here in Evansville that will keep bad Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, and Basketball coaches until their contracts are up to avoid buying out the remaining years. The money is ready to spend at IU.

Do I think it is time? I believe Archie can be successful at IU. I don't believe the players share his approach to the game. He missed that in his recruiting. The players that would fight hard and not give up might not be the 5 and high 4 star players. It might take strong players with something to prove.

I have seen too many years of the type of play we have seen lately. If Archie can turn this group around, he deserves a lot of credit. He built this. It isn't a completely finished job, but it is far enough along to see team leadership and a culture of toughness is lacking and I don't see signs of anything changing. I would not criticize a move in a new direction. If players leave, fine. We probably need some to leave.

NB is altitudally challenged. Your guy Brunk should have a great game against them, if you can get the ball inside

Reactions: gmhowes
This game is it.....if you think Izzo is gonna let lil Archie get him again ya crazy, then Maryland after Sparty hangover loss then on road yikes. If they lose to Nebraska (and who actually thinks they’ll just go in there and kill them) it’s over for lil Arch oh yea and Bulk Alwaysmall

I bet it will be another game in the Big Ten that counts as one win or one loss, and does not guarantee a win or loss for the next game. We are 13-4 (3-3) in the conference. We have proven we aren’t a dominant team, but we have also proven we can play with good teams. Just sit back and watch the games. We will have plenty to talk about in March.

Last edited:
This game is it.....if you think Izzo is gonna let lil Archie get him again ya crazy, then Maryland after Sparty hangover loss then on road yikes. If they lose to Nebraska (and who actually thinks they’ll just go in there and kill them) it’s over for lil Arch oh yea and Bulk Alwaysmall
Are you 14?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT