ADVERTISEMENT

ND game....

bsmitty08

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2004
A lot of talk about DJ vs Yogi but I think the biggest matchup is IU defending Auguste(14.4pts and 10.4 rebs) and Colson(9pts and 7.2 Rebs.. One is long and athletic and Colson is a bruiser in the paint. Also ND has some quality shooters that we better close out on...
Vasturia: 44% from 3
DJ: 42.9% from 3
Beachum 43.3% from 3

Will be a high scoring game in my opinion with it coming down to who is shooting well from 3. If this was at IU I would say IU by 10 but Crean's road and Neutral site woes will continue and I say ND 87-82

A lot of talk about DJ vs Yogi but I think the biggest matchup is IU defending Auguste(14.4pts and 10.4 rebs) and Colson(9pts and 7.2 Rebs.. One is long and athletic and Colson is a bruiser in the paint. Also ND has some quality shooters that we better close out on...
Beachum 43.3% from 3

Will be a high scoring game in my opinion with it coming down to who is shooting well from 3. If this was at IU I would say IU by 10 but Crean's road and Neutral site woes will continue and I say ND 87-82
IU will keep it close for a half and actually play good D - for a while.

But like we've seen all too often, it is never sustained. ND 91-69

DJ vs Yogi is a JOKE.

DJ is a true point.....Yogi is a selfish ballhog. He takes shots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot. Is an extremely ineffective defender.

I'd love for someone to calculate the assist % from Yogi that isn't passing to someone shooting a 28 foot 3 pointer (which in my opinion should only count as half an assist, because it requires no strategy or skill). He almost never drives and hits an open man around the basket because if Yogi is near the basket he has to shoot it so he can keep his point average up.

This team is embarrassing in every way, mostly in that they don't play as a team, just a group of selfish individuals. Even their off court actions reflect this (although thankfully no arrests or drug incidents for awhile)

Before the season started, I had IU in this game without even THINKING, but after watching more pathetic and unchanged Crean Ball (handoffs followed by 3 pointers, no defense, babies who are afraid of contact), I switched to ND. I picked ND in the matchup this week, even though I badly want Mike Brey to eat it after his comments.

But my faith in Crean or these players to respond to anything outside of a joint or an NBA scout, is virtually zero at this point. They could earn 10 Faith Points today if they beat ND.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Beachum 43.3% from 3

Agreed. We lose by 12.

I'd say ND by 22-25 points today.
Our interior is woeful.

Yogi and Troy are turnover machines.
Crean will pace frenetically, get the team playing out of control as usual.

Of the 4 teams there today, IU has the most overrated personnel.

It's a big day for ctc. His main boy Fred will be seated right behind the bench. Bank it.

DJ vs Yogi is a JOKE.

DJ is a true point.....Yogi is a selfish ballhog. He takes shots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot. Is an extremely ineffective defender.

I'd love for someone to calculate the assist % from Yogi that isn't passing to someone shooting a 28 foot 3 pointer (which in my opinion should only count as half an assist, because it requires no strategy or skill). He almost never drives and hits an open man around the basket because if Yogi is near the basket he has to shoot it so he can keep his point average up.

This team is embarrassing in every way, mostly in that they don't play as a team, just a group of selfish individuals. Even their off court actions reflect this (although thankfully no arrests or drug incidents for awhile)

Before the season started, I had IU in this game without even THINKING, but after watching more pathetic and unchanged Crean Ball (handoffs followed by 3 pointers, no defense, babies who are afraid of contact), I switched to ND. I picked ND in the matchup this week, even though I badly want Mike Brey to eat it after his comments.

But my faith in Crean or these players to respond to anything outside of a joint or an NBA scout, is virtually zero at this point. They could earn 10 Faith Points today if they beat ND.
With all due respect sir I believe this will be our finest hour.

It is pathetic life. Wishing your team loose to prove a point. Not a winning mentality !! I will go with real winners view ,Mark Cuban
IU winning or loosing today's game does not prove anything. Crean had IU no one for 12 weeks and won big ten out right !! This is big! Bigger than 3 final four and not winning it.

Sad people with sad views !!

I don't understand the negativity. Despite what we think of Crean, We rank with them on offense and are on paper a better defensive team. The game will hinge on who plays better D and shoots the ball like any other game.

My only question is will we come to play? I am sure ND will be ready. Let's make Brey eat his words. If this team has any pride, they will want to prove they can beat a instate D1 program.

Reactions: Hoosier North
Showing that the haters were wrong about this game is our finest hour today. Tell me: was your own prediction about today's game right or wrong?
It was wrong...we had a really nice come back but let's not act like we played a quality basketball game. We played well for about 6 minutes. We are still a renegade, poorly coached team

Reactions: ndaustin
You and Smitty were are both on top of your game!

I certainly was....good to see the team respond in the 2nd half. I have to say: I was shocked at the Jekyll and Hyde performance today. I expected more Mr. Hyde in the 2nd half.

Us haters "gonna hate!"

Never confuse my sense of extreme doubt with this squad and support level.
Some of us like to use past performance as future predictors.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
I certainly was....good to see the team respond in the 2nd half. I have to say: I was shocked at the Jekyll and Hyde performance today. I expected more Mr. Hyde in the 2nd half.

Us haters "gonna hate!"

Never confuse my sense of extreme doubt with this squad and support level.
Some of us like to use past performance as future predictors.
Past performance? Don't forget this one: objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

It was wrong...we had a really nice come back but let's not act like we played a quality basketball game. We played well for about 6 minutes. We are still a renegade, poorly coached team
I am wrong but. Are you kidding me????? I hope this team ends up closing a lot of mouths around here.

I am wrong but. Are you kidding me????? I hope this team ends up closing a lot of mouths around here.
I want IU to win so I hope we win every game. Question for you......do you think this program is ran well and is coached well? The mouths you hoping they shut just want a quality basketball program and we are not getting their with CtC

I want IU to win so I hope we win every game. Question for you......do you think this program is ran well and is coached well? The mouths you hoping they shut just want a quality basketball program and we are not getting their with CtC

'there' not 'their'. Spelling sure isn't your strength

'there' not 'their'. Spelling sure isn't your strength

Really? You want to be the Grammar/Spelling Nazi on a message board? His point was pretty clear. Not like his sentence structure was rambling and disjointed to where the message was hard to understand.

Now, if you have issue with his position and want to counter it, fine - but it's pretty universally agreed that when you have to resort to grading someone's post for grammatical errors you have nothing else to add . . .

Reactions: bsmitty08
Solid win vs an NCAA tourney team. Nothing more. Nothing less. Might have found something out about our kids yesterday. Will be interesting to see how often our zone is used moving forward.

Just like with anything though. I never get so low after a loss (Maui) or very high after a win like yesterday. Let the season play itself out and judge at the end.

Solid win vs an NCAA tourney team. Nothing more. Nothing less. Might have found something out about our kids yesterday. Will be interesting to see how often our zone is used moving forward.

Just like with anything though. I never get so low after a loss (Maui) or very high after a win like yesterday. Let the season play itself out and judge at the end.
Agree but do you think they will be a tourney team? ACC will be pretty competitive.

Agree but do you think they will be a tourney team? ACC will be pretty competitive.
ND problem is depth.

They were handing us our ass until they just flat got worn out. If anybody could've given them anything they would beat us by 10+.

IU had to come from behind to beat a decent team with one excellent player in Jackson.

Very exciting in the moment but not a good outing overall. This team has serious shortcomings particularly on the defensive side and is sorely lacking leadership. They will win some exciting games in the league but not be consistent enough to be in the mix for the title.

This team has already and will continue to underachieve their talent level.

Congrats to the IU crowd yesterday. Was not sure what the turnout would be but it was nearly as good as the previous events.

ND problem is depth.

They were handing us our ass until they just flat got worn out. If anybody could've given them anything they would beat us by 10+.
Yes and if we had played half way decent in the 1st half we would have won by 15+... The game is 40 minutes and we won. Still a lot of room for improvement but a win is a win. We'll see how it goes for this team as we get into the Big 10. I may have my questions about the direction of the program but it always feels much better to win a game, especially in the Crossroads vs. losing.

Yes and if we had played half way decent in the 1st half we would have won by 15+... The game is 40 minutes and we won. Still a lot of room for improvement but a win is a win. We'll see how it goes for this team as we get into the Big 10. I may have my questions about the direction of the program but it always feels much better to win a game, especially in the Crossroads vs. losing.
Am I glad we won? Yes.

Do I feel good about the long-term prospects of this team going forward? Not at all. We had to have hot shooting against a gassed opponent to come back to win. And if we're relying on shooting alone to win games were gonna be in big trouble in the B1G.

Bsh*itty and his band of half-wits. What a crew!

This board is an embarrassment to the university.

I was impressed that it only took Crean having three McDonald's All Americans to beat ND on a neutral court. Absolutely amazing coaching there.

The answer is no but why do we keep berating Crean and the team when nothing is going to happen until the season is over? Why not sit back and watch the season unfold and relieve a little tension from our lives.

Really? You want to be the Grammar/Spelling Nazi on a message board? His point was pretty clear. Not like his sentence structure was rambling and disjointed to where the message was hard to understand.

Now, if you have issue with his position and want to counter it, fine - but it's pretty universally agreed that when you have to resort to grading someone's post for grammatical errors you have nothing else to add . . .

You are a little schmuck

You actually use McDonalds All Americans as a measure of IU? Too funny.

Says the guy who finds reasons to accept mediocrity. Now McDonald's All Americans don't count. There will always be a reason to lose to someone. Always a reason to not win the conference. Always a reason to either not make the tourney or not get passed the sweet 16. How did you so eloquently put it? Oh, "too funny".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT