ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA projections...

Baseball America has us back in the field of 64 after leaving us out in their last one. They have us as a 2-seed in the Louisville regional, with the host having the top seed.

from out to a 2-seed? How long since that previous projection?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
NCAA likes story lines.... I’ll say it first, IU in the Starkville regional 😂. I think IU is a likely 3/4 seed, if they win the Big regular season and tournament then 2 seed.

NCAA likes story lines.... I’ll say it first, IU in the Starkville regional 😂. I think IU is a likely 3/4 seed, if they win the Big regular season and tournament then 2 seed.
IU Cannot be a 4 seed. 4 seeds are exclusively for Mid Majors who win their conference tournament or if you have a situation where a .500 power conference teams wins their conference tournament much like IU did in 09.

With no Big Ten Tournament and the regular season champ getting the auto bid, IU will only get in if they win the Big Ten or as an at large bid, both of which would you give you a 2 or 3 seed.

IU could win out and will NOT get a 1 based on their numbers. No matter what happens, IU will be a 2 seed, 3 seed or out of tournament.

Best bet is to hope they get Notre Dame, Louisville, Nashville or at Least Knoxville or Pittsburgh for a Regional close by. They will not be hosting and did not put in a bid per Mercer (It won't matter though as their is zero chance they get a 1 seed anyways no matter what they do).

Reactions: Irregulars
IU Cannot be a 4 seed. 4 seeds are exclusively for Mid Majors who win their conference tournament or if you have a situation where a .500 power conference teams wins their conference tournament much like IU did in 09.

With no Big Ten Tournament and the regular season champ getting the auto bid, IU will only get in if they win the Big Ten or as an at large bid, both of which would you give you a 2 or 3 seed.

IU could win out and will NOT get a 1 based on their numbers. No matter what happens, IU will be a 2 seed, 3 seed or out of tournament.

Best bet is to hope they get Notre Dame, Louisville, Nashville or at Least Knoxville or Pittsburgh for a Regional close by. They will not be hosting and did not put in a bid per Mercer (It won't matter though as their is zero chance they get a 1 seed anyways no matter what they do).
I’d agree that a 4 seed is very unlikely, but it’s not impossible. This is a very weird year, and what the committee values in most years may be difficult to measure this year with each leagues rules adjustments. I agree 2/3 seed is the likely result.

If IU wins the BIG, I would say those geographical locations you mention are very much in play. If they finish 2/3, I’d be willing to bet the committee is going to put them in an unfavorable geographical location to test them, much like they did with Michigan in 2019 putting them out west at UCLA.

Even if IU had a season worthy of hosting a regional, the NCAA would not give them one because of their "no fans" policy this season.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Louisville is not allowing fans either but is a potential regional host, right? or do I have that wrong?
According to the article I saw about the Louisville coach criticizing the attendance policy there, they are allowing fans to attend games at 20 pct of capacity. Here is a quote from that article:

"According to 247Sports, Louisville’s attendance for baseball is at 20%, and that’s not something McDonell is pumped about."

Their stadium holds 4,000 fans, so they are allowing 800 fans a game there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT