ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Final Fours

For me it was 92. That team was on fire in the tournament clicking on all cylinders. Then they went to Minneapolis and the whistles started blowing.
yes, Wasnt Pat Graham redshirting that year or not playing much? Shame his diabetes cut his playing time short. He was the Mr Basketball of that class and could really shoot. There were so many great players on that team. My prime years of watching

Eight years...what are you talking about? Knight took IU to the Final Four in his 2nd season, the Spring of '73. We lost to eventual NCAA champ UCLA in St. Louis on a controversial charging call that went against Downing instead of Walton. The two best teams played each other in the afternoon. We beat a good Providence team for third place on Monday by the score of 97-79. Do the names Ernie DiGregorio, Kevin Stacom and Marvin Barnes for Providence ring a bell? They were tough and we killed 'em. UCLA went on to win the Final Monday night game against Memphis in another lopsided score, 87-66. In this game, Walton set a tournament record for field goal percentage by making 21-22 shots, 44 points.

Not sure how much those really count. I was going to post the same thing about RMK but knew this would come up. No chance a Service Academy was ever going to sniff a final four. I know David Robinson but that is an anomaly that never happened before and never will again. RMK was close to hanging 5-8 banners instead of 3

Believe the caveat was P5 school.
If Beilein's 21 years can include Cansius, then Army counts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT