ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA FB Coaching Salaries

Always interesting to see...... IU at #14 in the Big.... dead last.... however, I think we have the better coach than some in front of us. But it is interesting to see we are still at the bottom. I’d like to see the assistants pay in comparison.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Always interesting to see...... IU at #14 in the Big.... dead last.... however, I think we have the better coach than some in front of us. But it is interesting to see we are still at the bottom. I’d like to see the assistants pay in comparison.
Here's how I look at this. When you're buying something, you don't want to pay a dollar more than you have to. Maybe CTA is a bargain. We'll have a better idea about this by season's end, I think.

And from the coach's perspective, I wouldn't shed too many tears. At $1.8 M, he's not having any trouble paying his bills. And a 7+ win season probably gets him an extension and a nice bump in pay.

And from the coach's perspective, I wouldn't shed too many tears. At $1.8 M, he's not having any trouble paying his bills. And a 7+ win season probably gets him an extension and a nice bump in pay.
Bonuses under the current contract as well. Not the whole $1.56M, of course, but no doubt some nice coin.

Not surprised or concerned about TA's place on this list. Hopefully he is, or becomes, a better coach than some ahead of him. Time will tell. No doubt bonuses/extension forthcoming if he gets IU where we all want it to be.

Considering less than a year before getting the gig, he was an unknown, even to die-hard IU football fans (unless from New Castle or a Ben Davis/Indy HS football follower). When he came as DC, his resume wasn't that of "gotta get this guy, future HC material." He was hired as a good DC. Fred's "extensive search" (TIC) ended up in TA's promotion. Hoping his gamble pays off. We will see as the program evolves.

This ranking is a concern because we can't filter out coach Allen's lack of experience causing this low pay or is it IU's historical low football coaching pay. It would be nice to see how our assistant coaching pay ranks in the B1G.

This ranking is a concern because we can't filter out coach Allen's lack of experience causing this low pay or is it IU's historical low football coaching pay. It would be nice to see how our assistant coaching pay ranks in the B1G.

The assistant coaching pay is published somewhere. It was within the last year. IU wasn't too bad compared to the rest of the B1G. And it probably went up with the new OC. I will find it and post. Allen will get bumped to the middle of the pack in the B1G if we make a bowl IMO.

I did a quick scan, so I may have missed something, but I believe CTA is the lowest paid power 5 head coach. I don't think he's earned top salary at this point but do think he should be rewarded if he is able to get this program to win consistently. The assistant coach pool is critical, as others have said - not sure what we're ponying up for that group.

The next time IU looks to find a new coach and/or new assistants, I hope the vault is wide open.

A 7-9 win season should motivate Glass to increase Tom's salary. Tom has an excellent shot at winning a whole bunch of games this year, and the next couple of years for that matter.

If Tom were to deliver two or three big seasons, we would need to hang on for dear life!!! Allen would be a wanted man!

A 7-9 win season should motivate Glass to increase Tom's salary. Tom has an excellent shot at winning a whole bunch of games this year, and the next couple of years for that matter.

If Tom were to deliver two or three big seasons, we would need to hang on for dear life!!! Allen would be a wanted man!
I hope IU wants him more than anyone else and ponies up to keep him at IU.

Reactions: IU Fan 1989
the bigger issue is that there is no cap on pay.

Even though I question the need for such high pay, I have to wonder why there should be a cap. The market will set the limit based on money schools are earning from football.

Hell let's just put him in the h o f. In reality TA has won one game in 2 1/2 seasons when it mattered and that was a struggling Md. If you think IU plays like a well coached team then rewatch the Md game. Let's just say the penalties were off the chart and the game was at best ugly. No team is going to win many B1G games playing like that.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Hell let's just put him in the h o f. In reality TA has won one game in 2 1/2 seasons when it mattered and that was a struggling Md. If you think IU plays like a well coached team then rewatch the Md game. Let's just say the penalties were off the chart and the game was at best ugly. No team is going to win many B1G games playing like that.

And the Maryland coach makes $2.5M. About 25% more. It the going rate.

Here's how I look at this. When you're buying something, you don't want to pay a dollar more than you have to. Maybe CTA is a bargain. We'll have a better idea about this by season's end, I think.

I agree. Plus he may have a university paid car or two, a salary for the tv show, salary for the radio show, university paid speaker fee every time he speaks anywhere. Steve Spurier had a life time Augusta golf membership included in his South Carolina contract.
I am not against there incomes, I have trouble with the stress as a fan, cannot imagine being a coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT