ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA draw today 1:00

GeddyHoosier

All-Big Ten
Feb 1, 2006
Let's talk NCAA tournament. IU is in with the automatic qualifier for winning the BIG tournament. The top 16 teams get seeded and a first round bye (48 team tourney). The projected draw a few weeks ago had IU #10. Since then they have won the Big Ten regular season and tournament with a good road win over Maryland to add to the resume and a win via PK over Michigan.

Virginia is the likely #1 seed. Other teams ahead of IU are probably Clemson, Georgetown, Stanford, Washington and a few others. I'm guessing somewhere between 6 and 9. #8 would mean a likely road match at Virginia in the round of 8. We'll find out this afternoon!

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
IU gets # 5 seed. Hosts winner of Kentucky vs. Loyola (Ill). Wake Forest the #4 seed.
Very favorable draw imo. the top half of this bracket has virginia and smu. i saw smu play duke and was super impressed by smu. crazy good team.

A potential match with Kentucky on Sunday worries me. I attended the Oct 9th IU-UK match and the Cats were the better team much of that night. It ended in a 0-0 draw. I don't want to play Michigan or Maryland again-should we get that far.

Reactions: snowling
ADVERTISEMENT