ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Sudfeld

bdhman

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2002
Lots of criticism about Carson Wentz play the last two weeks. What I don’t get is all the pundits speculating it might be time for Jalen Hurts. Perhaps situationally, but I don’t see Hurts as an NFL quarterback. Moreover, what about Nate Sudfeld? When healthy, he’s looked good for Philly. Go Hoosiers

Lots of criticism about Carson Wentz play the last two weeks. What I don’t get is all the pundits speculating it might be time for Jalen Hurts. Perhaps situationally, but I don’t see Hurts as an NFL quarterback. Moreover, what about Nate Sudfeld? When healthy, he’s looked good for Philly. Go Hoosiers
I never understood either. He looks good when hes out on the field

Reactions: vesuvius13
My only assumption is maybe in practice they have seen enough to believe he is but a solid backup. Who knows, I was sort of hoping the Colts would get him for a bag of peanuts and see how things shook out.

Nate just needs a shot. He's looked pretty good when he's played. Hurts is a big name and one of those guys with lots of potential so he is going to get the hype over a guy like Nate who has basically been riding the pine for a few years. Trent Green sat for many years before he got a chance to show what he could do. It's too bad that Nate got hurt at the start of last season because if I recall correctly, he was in line to start the first several games of that season while Wentz recovered from injury.

i know this is somewhat unfair because Hurts hasn't played a Down in the NFL. However from what i saw of him in College, i would think he could be anywhere from Jacoby Brisset on the low end and maybe Cam Newton on the high Side. He has always been on great teams with great players surrounding him and has never had to "carry" a team. That's why I can't see him as another Russell Wilson.

Sudfeld isn't flashy. He's effective but he's not got a cannon or he's not electric on his feet. Many times, the NFL gets caught up in flashy things that sell tickets vs an average guy that is solid and wins games. Looks like Philly has fallen in love with flashy things rather than common sense. They are hardly the first franchise to do that. Maybe Sudfeld will get his chance somewhere to prove his worth. Like most, I'm not a big fan of Hurts as a pro style QB. He was a very good college QB, but lacks the finesse and vertical ability to be very effective. I know the NFL is starting to go more toward dual threat QBs, but every Dual in the NFL can still sling it, and Hurts isn't the passer he needs to be. That has disaster written all over it.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT