Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
Was 2-3 prior to the draft with these games:

1. Lost at home to Gtwn 70-86
2. Lost at Wake 78-88
3. Lost at home to Furman 62-70
4. Beat Elon at home unimpessively 81-70
5. Beat Toledo on a neutral floor 98-93
This post was edited on 2/20 1:07 PM by Satchmoreif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

you never know

I thought about Vandy in the 10th but those games and what looked like a well balanced SEC East scared me away.

They started the SEC losing two of their first three, one to Auburn and one to Georgia. They have come a heck of a long way.

The don't have a very good RPI but don't see how you can deny them now with that win over Florida.

Stallings is a good coach.

Guess we should have given him more credit. I remember emailing CJ about what he thought of some of the presumed bottom teams in the SEC. He had Vandy rated somewhat high among the lower SEC teams until that home loss to Furman. Then he soured on them too.

It's kind of interesting to look at some of the teams, and how they were doing at draft time. On the flip side, Wichita looked awesome but they ended up being only a .500 team.

Just goes to show you how tough it is to predict. I'm only really kicking myself about 2 teams; SMU and Wi-Mil.

There were enough red flags discussed in my Athlon about SMU, so I should've known better. Just got too carried away with a few good early results.

And I had frickin' Wright St as a team to take at the 7-8 turn, but changed my mind at the last moment on a whim. No way I could have predicted Wright to do this well, but I've had good luck with Wright in the past. If I'd taken Wright I'd be third and just a few wins out of first. I'd likely be flipped in the standings with CJ if I made that move.

My whim picks have historically been bad. Dayton was sort of one too. They're not awful, just a little below average. But if I'd taken the team off my chart for the 4th round (Cal), I would be no better off.

This post was edited on 2/21 8:05 AM by Satchmoreif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT