ADVERTISEMENT

Name a few of your favorite politicians (past or present)

NPT

Aug 28, 2001
  • Dick Lugar
  • Lee Hamilton (indiana representative)
  • Former governor Lamn (Colorado)
  • Reagan
  • Sam Nunn (Senator from Georgia if I recall correctly)
  • Joe Manchin (Only present day one that I can tolerate)

Reactions: hoot1
A sample...

Past: MI Congressman Paul Henry, MN Senator Paul Wellstone, IL Senator Paul Simon, TX Congresswoman Barbara Jordan

Current: Obamas (both Barack and Michelle), MN Senator Amy Klobuchar, OH Senator Sherrod Brown, MD Governor Larry Hogan, GA Stacey Abrams

Last edited:
I will echo Lugar and Hamilton. I liked John Anderson back in the day. I liked Tsongas and Rudman for working together to form The Concord Coalition.

I see you have Lamm, I briefly met him. I was doing advance scouting for him in Illinois, finding places he could go to and address a crowd for Hart. I also met Kemp. He was at a GOP event in Indy at a hotel. They had the meeting rooms until noon, then a science conference I was working for had the rooms and I had to get our stuff setup. His speech ran late, then he went around and shook hands and talked. He came over and shook my hand and asked what I thought. I told him I wasn't one of the donors, he said that didn't matter. We had a very short but nice conversation. I would put him on the list.

I will echo Lugar and Hamilton. I liked John Anderson back in the day. I liked Tsongas and Rudman for working together to form The Concord Coalition.

I see you have Lamm, I briefly met him. I was doing advance scouting for him in Illinois, finding places he could go to and address a crowd for Hart. I also met Kemp. He was at a GOP event in Indy at a hotel. They had the meeting rooms until noon, then a science conference I was working for had the rooms and I had to get our stuff setup. His speech ran late, then he went around and shook hands and talked. He came over and shook my hand and asked what I thought. I told him I wasn't one of the donors, he said that didn't matter. We had a very short but nice conversation. I would put him on the list.
I once shared a broken elevator with eagleton. It wasn’t flush with the floor when it stopped. I said “that’s scary.” And he goes “F*cking building’s falling apart” and spit on the floor as he walked out

11515.jpg

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Obama
Lugar
Paul Simon (IL Senator, not musician)
Al Franken
Murkowski
Biden
Bill Clinton
HW Bush
Jimmy Carter (great human being)
McCain
Bernie
Jon Tester
Birch Bayh (was always at our 4th of July parade)

Reactions: Circlejoe
I admire people with spines. I'll go with two current House members: Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, and the Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.
You limited yourself to very few. :) Most are just robots following what their leader says to do.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Obama
Lugar
Al Franken
Murkowski
Biden
Bill Clinton
HW Bush
McCain
Bernie
Jon Tester
Bill Clinton was a very likable guy who I think would be fun to meet ... even if I didn't think he had very high morals. I drove to TX several years ago and happen to stop in Hope, AR to spend the night. I didn't know that was Clinton's home town until I stopped so I had to drive by and see him boyhood home.

I always wonder if people like that ever go back to their home town.

• Dick Lugar
  • Lee Hamilton (indiana representative)
  • Former governor Lamn (Colorado)
  • Reagan
  • Sam Nunn (Senator from Georgia if I recall correctly)
  • Joe Manchin (Only present day one that I can tolerate)

--JFK
--Hubert Humphrey--"I'm pleased as punch". Hard to dislike
--Birch Bayh--"Hey look him over"
--I agree with Nunn & Manchin
--Gerald Ford

I once shared a broken elevator with eagleton. It wasn’t flush with the floor when it stopped. I said “that’s scary.” And he goes “F*cking building’s falling apart” and spit on the floor as he walked out

He had problems around electricity.

Lee was an impressive guy; however, he was a master at voting one way in DC and presenting a different image back home. Bidenish.
A Democrat holding the 9th district for as long as he did (1965 to 1999), you know that he had some charisma.

A Democrat holding the 9th district for as long as he did (1965 to 1999), you know that he had some charisma.
I think he was very intelligent. I just saw him on PBS with his brother and someone asking him questions. I would normally NEVER EVER waste my time watch a politician but I sat and watched that interview.

Obama
Lugar
Al Franken
Murkowski
Biden
Bill Clinton
HW Bush
McCain
Bernie
Jon Tester
Gerald Ford was a competent Jimmy Carter.

Lincoln
Teddy Roosevelt
Frank Roosevelt
Churchill
Sam Rayburn
Eisenhower
JFK
RFK
Richard Daley
Reagan
Biden
MLK
Obama
LaGuardia
Mario Cuomo
Jerry Brown(older version)

Bill Clinton was a very likable guy who I think would be fun to meet ... even if I didn't think he had very high morals. I drove to TX several years ago and happen to stop in Hope, AR to spend the night. I didn't know that was Clinton's home town until I stopped so I had to drive by and see him boyhood home.

I always wonder if people like that ever go back to their home town.
Short story.

Late 90's myself and couple friends driving down to Dallas for a weekend. I'm passed out in the backseat. We're stopping for gas somewhere in central(ish) Arkansas. I was told we were near Hope. I advised this was where Bill Clinton was from.

As I begin to look around i realize the gas station is literally off a dirt road off the highway. The truck next to me has a dead animal in the bed. Recently dead.

I go inside b/c i have to piss. Behind the counter is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my entire life (in person that is). I was stunned. Like, I stopped moving.

This Cletus looking dude with a neckbeard and a belly hanging under his too small shirt comes out from an office or something and grabs her around the waist, leans in and kisses her. She returns this in kind.

I take a piss and leave.

5'7". Brunette. Gorgeous.

That gene pool was already shrinking back then. Can't imagine it now.

In Eden Park in Cincy there's a marker concerning him.......probably .5% of the population knows who in the hell he was.
Are you referring to the Capitoline Wolf statue in Eden Park? It was given to the city by Mussolini, in honor of Cincinnatus, but I do not think it even mentions him by name. However, there is a statue of Cincinnatus downtown along the Ohio River. I would bet at least a fourth of Cincinnati residents have some knowledge of who Cincinnatus was. Outside of Cincinnati, your 0.5% estimate is way too high.

Cincinnatus (Sawyer Point Park):

SP-Cincinnatus-0335340.jpg

The Capitoline Wolf in Eden Park:

800px-Capitoline_she-wolf_-_Eden_Park%2C_Cincinnati_-_DSC03903.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT