ADVERTISEMENT

My wife had to be hospitalized Wednesday.

largemouth

All-American
Feb 3, 2004
She contracted pneumonia. Like me she's old, 71. I don't know when she'll be released, or how we will manage her recovery at home. She does not have the flu or symptoms, nor do I.

I'm certain we will have some help with an in home nursing service. Which leads to more and more contact with people who may be sick themselves.

Needless to say, I'm worried

She contracted pneumonia. Like me she's old, 71. I don't know when she'll be released, or how we will manage her recovery at home. She does not have the flu or symptoms, nor do I.

I'm certain we will have some help with an in home nursing service. Which leads to more and more contact with people who may be sick themselves.

Will be praying for you both ... these are very unique times.

Silver Lining: Better now than later, medical facilities aren't yet overwhelmed to the point where she can't receive care.
Hoping for the best!

Hang in there buddy. The endless stream of news, all of it made to sound as dire as possible, can get to you, and I can't imagine how much more so if you have a loved one hospitalized right now. Take all the reasonable precautions you can, and try and let go of the rest. Worry will only harm you, and maybe even her if she senses it in you. Try and take some time for yourself, exercise or take a walk and be there for her. Maybe read a book together, or get a recorded book and listen together. The less contact you have with others, the less of a threat you are to her, so keep your focus there. 71 doesn't seem as old as it used to my friend!

PS, if all else fails, there's this:

5e5a25982ff39448c0e46b8648b7a922.gif

There are no covid19 cases at the hospital where my wife is, according to a woman who is head of nursing there.:)
We live in the middle of Florida in Highlands Co., so that may help the situation here, hopefully.

I hope they get her well enough to get home. The virus is coming to every county with any population at all if it's not already there, in large part because there are dumbasses in denial like VPM all over. Also, if you know anyone who has been sick, or you are keeping up with things, it's extremely difficult to get the CV test right now in most places. Guess what: without the test, there can't be a verified case of CV, so the #s we're seeing, imo, are probably about 1/4-1/5 of the folks who actually have symptoms, and that # is probably 1/4-1/5 of the folks who are carrying it and don't yet have symptoms, or are asymptomatic or immune.

Thoughts and prayers to you and Mrs Largemouth.

Like Brockway said, the silver lining is if you are going to get it then it is definitely better to get it early than later, before the system is overwhelmed. Hopefully she can get better and home before you have that additional worry. Hang in there buddy!

I hope she can be quarantined because the virus hits people hard who have pre conditions. I just prayed for her,you, and your family.

Reactions: 76-1
There are no covid19 cases at the hospital where my wife is, according to a woman who is head of nursing there.:)
We live in the middle of Florida in Highlands Co., so that may help the situation here, hopefully.
That's good news. Hoping and praying for the best.

How's your wife doing?

I talked to her nurse about 5:00 and learned that she tested negative for the virus.
I wasn't told that they has tested her, but it makes perfect sense. This will be her fifth night in ICU. At this time I don't know when she'll come home.

I talked to her nurse about 5:00 and learned that she tested negative for the virus.
I wasn't told that they has tested her, but it makes perfect sense. This will be her fifth night in ICU. At this time I don't know when she'll come home.

The main thing is that she knows you are there. Hang in there my friend.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. That has to suck having a loved one in the hospital and you can't visit.

On a related note, with all these husbands and wives being in close quarters for weeks at a time, this would seem to be a great time to be a divorce lawyer. I'm thinking by July there's going to be a lot of additional business for them.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. That has to suck having a loved one in the hospital and you can't visit.

On a related note, with all these husbands and wives being in close quarters for weeks at a time, this would seem to be a great time to be a divorce lawyer. I'm thinking by July there's going to be a lot of additional business for them.
True, my wife and I have had a good run. I hope there are a few more chapters to our story, eh?

Last edited:
I'm just waiting to be told when I can pick her up and go home. YAY
Make sure she has street clothes. A few years ago, my mom had to be taken to the hospital for a respiratory episode via ambulance. When it was time for her to come home, I got the call. No one bothered to tell me to bring her some clothes, so I ended up driving through Lafayette in broad daylight with mom in her nightgown as a passenger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT