ADVERTISEMENT

My uneducated opinion of the cooler.

Is that the title of your biography? It would really fit well.
I thought yesterday we were getting along quite well, Cray, but today you have gone back to being too quick with the personal insults. I was simply pointing out to you that your insult of Hickory was particularly lame, since all you were doing was repeating his own insult back to him.

I thought yesterday we were getting along quite well, Cray, but today you have gone back to being too quick with the personal insults. I was simply pointing out to you that your insult of Hickory was particularly lame, since all you were doing was repeating his own insult back to him.
Really and you did and continue to do the same. Apparently self reflection isn't your strong suit .

We just don't like each other much. I mean, we like the "good" people that we know in our personal lives who are just misguided, but we have reached the level where there just not is much grace available for "insert generic political opponent here" anymore. We really just view the world too differently right now...in the past there used to be some common bonds that held us together but many of those have been tossed aside or are slowly being eroded. We don't view justice the same. We don't view our past the same. We don't share a common civic religion anymore. All social bonds have been under assault to the point where we do not even agree on what marriage is, what a man or woman is, etc.

If we were a couple we would be long past the point of our friends telling us we should just divorce so we can both be happy. We have so many irreconcilable differences at this point where every conversation about problems just ends in a laundry list of what we did to each other. We all have our "Yeah, that was bad but remember that time when you all did..." This is just a marriage of convenience now.

Funny how I make a somewhat critical post about the cooler and the posts eventually turn into a shit show.

Back to tits and ass....
It's the Cooler version of Godwin's Law. Given enough time, every thread turns to shit. That doesn't mean there isn't some good stuff to be had in the process.

Reactions: Lucy01
Funny how I make a somewhat critical post about the cooler and the posts eventually turn into a shit show.

Back to tits and ass....
A political shit show is the Cooler’s version of T&A.

86002636.jpg

It's the Cooler version of Godwin's Law. Given enough time, every thread turns to shit. That doesn't mean there isn't some good stuff to be had in the process.
For most threads, midway through the second page of posts the personal insults are flying. If the thread continues to at least 4 pages, it's generally found new life and is worth reading again. Then the cycle repeats.

Life’s about the journey not the destination or some such b/s!

We just don't like each other much. I mean, we like the "good" people that we know in our personal lives who are just misguided, but we have reached the level where there just not is much grace available for "insert generic political opponent here" anymore. We really just view the world too differently right now...in the past there used to be some common bonds that held us together but many of those have been tossed aside or are slowly being eroded. We don't view justice the same. We don't view our past the same. We don't share a common civic religion anymore. All social bonds have been under assault to the point where we do not even agree on what marriage is, what a man or woman is, etc.

If we were a couple we would be long past the point of our friends telling us we should just divorce so we can both be happy. We have so many irreconcilable differences at this point where every conversation about problems just ends in a laundry list of what we did to each other. We all have our "Yeah, that was bad but remember that time when you all did..." This is just a marriage of convenience now.
I know personally plenty of people who supported Trump. I hated him for reasons that weren’t really political or based in policy itself. I mean I didn’t like his policies but then again I wasn’t much of a fan of Paul Ryan or Mitt Romney’s policies. Ergo I didn’t have much trouble at all with people who supported either of those men. I never met anyone who based their political identity on them either. I guess that’s the nature of populism. The democrats saw that with Bernie to an extent. The Bernie Bros were annoying POS’s that probably got Trump elected in the first place.

We’ve taken sides now like we’ve never done before. Shared experiences are hard to find anymore because we retreat into our bubbles. I’ve disagreed with you a number of times and I’ve agreed with you as well. But I also know we’re about the same age and likely live around the same area. We have the same desires for our kids and expectations for them as well. I wish we’d all take the time to find that which we agree on in order to better understand that which we do not.

I don’t know how to fix the problems we have in this country. The problems seem almost insurmountable. But they aren’t. I’m trying more and more to pay attention to local issues. And, to be sure, that’s a luxury I have that many don’t. I don’t need assistance from Social Security or Medicare. I don’t collect SSDI. I am neither rich enough nor poor enough for taxes to matter all that much either way. So I’ve decided most of my real political concerns are local. Shockingly I find it much easier for folks to agree about local issues. Things in their back yard. Parks all the kids will go to. Not Republican kids or Democrat kids. All
Kids. Schools all kids will attend.

I’m like four drinks in and I’m off this week. I’ll shut up now.

So I’ve decided most of my real political concerns are local. Shockingly I find it much easier for folks to agree about local issues. Things in their back yard. Parks all the kids will go to. Not Republican kids or Democrat kids. All Kids. Schools all kids will attend.

You're one of those plex commies, aren't you?

Again his interview ratings this past week were awful. People are losing interest -as with many things with the benefit of time passing. He’s three years away from an election and under GR investigation. The only people I hear talking about trump are on this board. My own repub friends have long moved on. Media need stories for a 24/7 cycle. He was a divisive ratings boon of a pres. They will continue to write about him for the obsessed but he’s toast
You will likely soon learn how wrong you are

You will likely soon learn how wrong you are
We can always bet. I like to gamble. I bet crypto hours before Elon tanked it. You might win.

Serious question Mas. Wouldn’t you rather have DeSantis? I don’t understand the logic in holding on to trump when there are more palatable options who will pursue the same ends

Last edited:
Reactions: NPT
We can always bet. I like to gamble. I bet crypto hours before Elon tanked it. You might win.

Serious question Mas. Wouldn’t you rather have DeSantis? I don’t understand the logic in holding on to trump when there are more palatable options who will pursue the same ends
I did my gambling when younger.
I would see DeSantis as a more viable candidate when he is more seasoned and knowledgeable about the wretched duplicity of the Deep State. For now, he still possess a big megaphone as the successful governor of a large population, multi-ethnic state.

I did my gambling when younger.
I would see DeSantis as a more viable candidate when he is more seasoned and knowledgeable about the wretched duplicity of the Deep State. For now, he still possess a big megaphone as the successful governor of a large population, multi-ethnic state.
age-wise the guy is in his prime. has the perfect pedigree. runs the third largest state in the country that to many is the envy of the covid response. in the face of the defund police woke politics crime is surging and according to numerous polls becoming the number one concern of US citizens. a perfect storm of sorts. it's an opportune time for him to emerge as the budding leader of the gop. imagine juxtaposing him with harris. it's a conservative's dream. trump's baggage will forever preclude his reelection; and that's presupposing he doesn't end up in the pokey etc. hanging on to trump and trumpism is setting the party back

Last edited:
age-wise the guy is in his prime. has the perfect pedigree. runs the third largest state in the country that to many is the envy of the covid response. in the face of the defund police woke politics crime is surging and according to numerous polls becoming the number one concern of US citizens. a perfect storm of sorts. it's an opportune time for him to emerge as the budding leader of the gop. imagine juxtaposing him with harris. it's a conservative's dream. trump's baggage will forever preclude his reelection; and that's presupposing he doesn't end up in the pokey etc. hanging on to trump and trumpism is setting the party back

He's now a strong advocate for women's equality

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Mas still owes big on his claims that Biden would not be inaugurated on January 20.

Reactions: UncleMark
As I’ve mentioned before I tend not to spend much time here as I find it divisive and the tone isn’t my cup of tea (yes my parents argued and it scarred me for life!)

So in my ignorance as I haven’t read every thread does the cooler ever find solutions to the worlds problems? Do you guys ever constructively agree upon subjects?

Maybe I’m just a pussy and don’t like arguments or prefer the T&A of the AOTF. I don’t know, but I just get tired of the divisiveness. I’m ready for solutions to our problems and dialogue that leads to change.

Thats all. I’ll go back to hugging a tree or playing with my Jewish laser.
It is impossible to have any reasonable discussion on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT