ADVERTISEMENT

My Take On 2021 Fans-in-Seats

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
By football season, everybody will have had a more-than-their-fair chance to get one of them vaccinations. Two where needed.

So fill it up. Sell it out.

ONLY real decision left is masking.

Permit? Of course.

Require? Harder call.

Even now, 2 weeks after you have a vaccination - with or without a mask - your chances of getting serious health harm from Covid - or spreading such harm - have gone from minimal to miniscule. By then, they will be infinitesimal. Literally waaaay under regular mortality and other risks. Waaaay under .005%. Way under many other mortality and harm risks you face/accept/dodge every day.

According to my Euro med info - unfouled by putrid US politics - the human T-cells generated by the initial SARS virus remained active in the body - providing immune response - 17 years later, and there is no medical reason to believe this Covid 19 virus/human body immune response will be any different (also the same whether your personal "immunity response" came from a vaccination or an exposure - your individual body will retain its response-ability.)

So - since the decision needs to made NOW so folks can make informed decisions about ticket-buying - I'm in the camp of fill it up - mask or no mask.

Anybody wants to wear one gets to - anybody who doesn't want to doesn't have to.

Peer pressure rules - just like elementary school playground.

Nobody can make the other act the way they claim is the best.

That includes the government, who must go back to the rules of governing citizens in the absence of war crisis/war powers/health crisis/health crisis powers.

Liberty matters. Gets trumped temporarily by some things. But those things fade - like this health crisis.

(I plan to carry a mask and wear it when folks ask nicely. Rude pricks get coughed on. Plan accordingly. Twitter manners used in face-to-face situations may get you punched - like on the elementary school playground!)

But by September, I'd rather sit by a potential Covid risk than a drunk/puke risk! So I'd ban drinking before I'd ban unmasked sitting outdoors!

JMO

Masking won't be an issue this Fall unless something goes badly wrong between now and then.

Reactions: brianiu
By football season, everybody will have had a more-than-their-fair chance to get one of them vaccinations. Two where needed.

So fill it up. Sell it out.

ONLY real decision left is masking.

Permit? Of course.

Require? Harder call.

Even now, 2 weeks after you have a vaccination - with or without a mask - your chances of getting serious health harm from Covid - or spreading such harm - have gone from minimal to miniscule. By then, they will be infinitesimal. Literally waaaay under regular mortality and other risks. Waaaay under .005%. Way under many other mortality and harm risks you face/accept/dodge every day.

According to my Euro med info - unfouled by putrid US politics - the human T-cells generated by the initial SARS virus remained active in the body - providing immune response - 17 years later, and there is no medical reason to believe this Covid 19 virus/human body immune response will be any different (also the same whether your personal "immunity response" came from a vaccination or an exposure - your individual body will retain its response-ability.)

So - since the decision needs to made NOW so folks can make informed decisions about ticket-buying - I'm in the camp of fill it up - mask or no mask.

Anybody wants to wear one gets to - anybody who doesn't want to doesn't have to.

Peer pressure rules - just like elementary school playground.

Nobody can make the other act the way they claim is the best.

That includes the government, who must go back to the rules of governing citizens in the absence of war crisis/war powers/health crisis/health crisis powers.

Liberty matters. Gets trumped temporarily by some things. But those things fade - like this health crisis.

(I plan to carry a mask and wear it when folks ask nicely. Rude pricks get coughed on. Plan accordingly. Twitter manners used in face-to-face situations may get you punched - like on the elementary school playground!)

But by September, I'd rather sit by a potential Covid risk than a drunk/puke risk! So I'd ban drinking before I'd ban unmasked sitting outdoors!

JMO
How about a link to "my Euro med info," Doc.

Wait. I'm just reading your post all the way through now. "Twitter manners ... may get you punched?" "Rude pricks get coughed on?" Seriously? You need to grow up and/or sign up for some anger management classes.

How about a link to "my Euro med info," Doc.

Wait. I'm just reading your post all the way through now. "Twitter manners ... may get you punched?" "Rude pricks get coughed on?" Seriously? You need to grow up and/or sign up for some anger management classes.

You need to watch as many of this guy's videos as you can. Back when our nation was evaluating Covid facts solely on the basis of whether it made Donald Trump look good or bad, this guy was slinging truth, medical facts and common sense.

And yes - anybody who walks up to me in a public place and gets it my face about my mask (or lack thereof if I'm not wearing one) and starts calling me names and telling me how I'm a horrible person because I don't listen to them and and do what THEY think and what THEY want is getting punched hard. I'll go to the ER or jail with them, or both - but they asked for it.

I encourage everyone to do the same - and the American Covid Asshole will fade as quickly as the virus.

Polite manners need a return in this country, and striking assholes in their noses as hard as you can is the best fastest road back to "Please" and "Thank You" and "Yes, maam" and "No, maam" and "Yes sir" and "No sir."

Everybody who keeps it to themselves is entitled to their own opinion.

Trying to tell an American citizen, born of liberty, how to live his life according to YOUR demands has risks - and a punch in the face has always been one of them, and should return with vigor.

Its not an anger issue.

Its a respect lesson.

Every dog gets one bite.

Then they suffer consequences.

You OK with THAT? Or you wanna punch me?

Reactions: gator mcCluskey
I won’t get vaccinated but still hope to attend games. If being vaccinated is ever required to attend a game, I’ll gladly stay home and watch on tv.
It won’t be required until it’s officially approved, not just emergency. After that, I’d imagine it will be.

Masking won't be an issue this Fall unless something goes badly wrong between now and then.
This is the truest damn thing I'll read today.

And to be honest, if it does go badly wrong for some reason and we (collectively as a nation) can't get a wrap on this thing over 18 months, then we're not going to and we might as well let nature take it's course, as bad as that'd be.

Reactions: UncleMark
You need to watch as many of this guy's videos as you can. Back when our nation was evaluating Covid facts solely on the basis of whether it made Donald Trump look good or bad, this guy was slinging truth, medical facts and common sense.

And yes - anybody who walks up to me in a public place and gets it my face about my mask (or lack thereof if I'm not wearing one) and starts calling me names and telling me how I'm a horrible person because I don't listen to them and and do what THEY think and what THEY want is getting punched hard. I'll go to the ER or jail with them, or both - but they asked for it.

I encourage everyone to do the same - and the American Covid Asshole will fade as quickly as the virus.

Polite manners need a return in this country, and striking assholes in their noses as hard as you can is the best fastest road back to "Please" and "Thank You" and "Yes, maam" and "No, maam" and "Yes sir" and "No sir."

Everybody who keeps it to themselves is entitled to their own opinion.

Trying to tell an American citizen, born of liberty, how to live his life according to YOUR demands has risks - and a punch in the face has always been one of them, and should return with vigor.

Its not an anger issue.

Its a respect lesson.

Every dog gets one bite.

Then they suffer consequences.

You OK with THAT? Or you wanna punch me?

You are correct it is a respect issue. People need to have enough respect for others to wear a mask in public.

Common decency.

Reactions: Hoosier009

Agreed. I hate wearing a mask but do so because I am (or try to be) a decent human being.

Hopefully they are gone by fall but there is going to be an awkward couple of monthe where people start taking them off in the grocery because they have been vaccinated and it will be impossible to tell them from the maskless Covidiot sheep we have right now.

Agreed. I hate wearing a mask but do so because I am (or try to be) a decent human being.

Hopefully they are gone by fall but there is going to be an awkward couple of monthe where people start taking them off in the grocery because they have been vaccinated and it will be impossible to tell them from the maskless Covidiot sheep we have right now.
I honestly think that's why the CDC & experts have been encouraging mask use after being vaxxed, so there isn't some counterproductive social pressure to not wear one until enough people get their shot.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT